Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Property Market Crash

  1. #1

    Default Property Market Crash

    I have read from various forums and social media platforms that some people are praying / wishing that the property market in Singapore will crash.

    Do you believe that such phenomenon will occur?

    Yes, prices have come down but a crash is unlikely even when global interest rate hiked in my opinion.

  2. #2
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Many people wish many things... change of govt, property market crashes... and mostly, kena TOTO/4D....

    Will it happen, maybe... but better still, could those 'Internet Expert' provide us with a date WHEN will it happen instead of just saying it might...

    Much like 'The End Of Time', '2nd Coming Of Christ', 'The Apocalypse'... etc, which some has said 'Its Coming Soon'... and yet have not happen for hundreds of years...

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  3. #3

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Many people wish many things... change of govt, property market crashes... and mostly, kena TOTO/4D....

    Will it happen, maybe... but better still, could those 'Internet Expert' provide us with a date WHEN will it happen instead of just saying it might...

    Much like 'The End Of Time', '2nd Coming Of Christ', 'The Apocalypse'... etc, which some has said 'Its Coming Soon'... and yet have not happen for hundreds of years...
    Just like the Fed interest rate hike also

  4. #4

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Gov turns the immigration tap on and off as it pleases.
    So I doubt it will happen easily.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
    I have read from various forums and social media platforms that some people are praying / wishing that the property market in Singapore will crash.

    Do you believe that such phenomenon will occur?

    Yes, prices have come down but a crash is unlikely even when global interest rate hiked in my opinion.
    Those ppl are either just spreading fear or doing it for own interests.

    They could be property agents, potential investor or buyers who wish for price crash so that they can have cherry picking. Agents will have more biz. All doing for self interests.

    Always rem that ppl always have own agenda for doing or saying things.

    I also heard of foreign countries watching Singapore after LKY era. They are secretly wishing that SG will fail without LKY. Our failure will mean better for them.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Sometimes people hope for a crash, and end up losing their jobs and becoming part of the crisis. Be content, enjoy what we have.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

  7. #7
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,106

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
    I have read from various forums and social media platforms that some people are praying / wishing that the property market in Singapore will crash.

    Do you believe that such phenomenon will occur?

    Yes, prices have come down but a crash is unlikely even when global interest rate hiked in my opinion.
    Hoping it falls about 20%... so over-inflated false market full of suckers buying.... lol :smilie:
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Property prices may come down 10%30%, but I highly doubt a full blown market crash. In any case, the government is able to stop it.
    http://www.shimmeryphotography.com

  9. #9
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Many people wish many things... change of govt, property market crashes... and mostly, kena TOTO/4D....
    Singapore will be invaded by this before 2050s when the alien forces are ready for a final galaxy attack.


  10. #10

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
    I have read from various forums and social media platforms that some people are praying / wishing that the property market in Singapore will crash.

    Do you believe that such phenomenon will occur?

    Yes, prices have come down but a crash is unlikely even when global interest rate hiked in my opinion.
    it will come down but a crash is unlikely.one main reason is probably we are land scarce.population is will always growing but land size remains the same.unless our size is comparable to Indonesia or Vietnam,it will never happen.

  11. #11
    Senior Member albertri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,304

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Singapore will be invaded by this before 2050s when the alien forces are ready for a final galaxy attack.

    meeeow ^_^
    <<<<<Hobo in Singapore >>>> View My 500px

  12. #12
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,106

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by baletan90 View Post
    Property prices may come down 10%30%, but I highly doubt a full blown market crash. In any case, the government is able to stop it.
    Like governments stopped the GFC ?
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,106

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by loath View Post
    it will come down but a crash is unlikely.one main reason is probably we are land scarce.population is will always growing but land size remains the same.unless our size is comparable to Indonesia or Vietnam,it will never happen.
    Not that land scarce at all.... its just been retained by the Government for their OWN buildings / infrastructure etc... drive around you will see lots actually.
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    The Gov will not let anything drastic to happen to the market this or next year because, this year is SG50 and this year end or next year likely to be election, if crash that they also crash
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  15. #15
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    What crash? Still got agents laughing all the way to the banks...

    http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sin...t-15m-20150529

  16. #16
    Senior Member albertri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    What crash? Still got agents laughing all the way to the banks... http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sin...t-15m-20150529

    I know a couple both are full time agent and they both own a car. I am now thinking i think i choose a wrong career -_-
    <<<<<Hobo in Singapore >>>> View My 500px

  17. #17
    Member Bukitimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,261

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    There will always be a new peak and you will never know when is the lowest. There are many factors that will affect property prices. Among those, I would consider the general economy. If you can't even find a job and where is the next meal, what property are your talking about?

    The rich will always benefit in this game simply because they have 'holding power'. If you are not into investment but looking for a roof over your head, anytime is a good time as long as it is within your means. When property prices keep shooting up, it is no good to the people, especially the next generations. They will be slave to this artificial economy.

  18. #18
    Senior Member albertri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,304

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    1st I would like to apologized for the statement I will be making some of us will dis agree I'm sure...

    I think we did this issue ourselves specially those who did it already or have done it. What most of us did to the property market was all due to greed as human we are greedy by nature. What did some if not most did? they buy and sell property they treat property like stocks.

    I most other country people buying property or house for family and for future... in Singapore sadly we treat property like stocks we buy them and sell them some of us here would stay in one area for only few years then move again. In your life time how many times you have move house in Singapore? and ask your counter part in the US/ Australia/NZ etc the same question :-)

    So when property market price drops its due some or most of us its got to do with greed....

    Once again I do apologize for the statement I am too a home owner who just few years back bought a property during high time so I know how it feels to bite the bullet.
    <<<<<Hobo in Singapore >>>> View My 500px

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by albertri View Post
    1st I would like to apologized for the statement I will be making some of us will dis agree I'm sure...

    I think we did this issue ourselves specially those who did it already or have done it. What most of us did to the property market was all due to greed as human we are greedy by nature. What did some if not most did? they buy and sell property they treat property like stocks.

    I most other country people buying property or house for family and for future... in Singapore sadly we treat property like stocks we buy them and sell them some of us here would stay in one area for only few years then move again. In your life time how many times you have move house in Singapore? and ask your counter part in the US/ Australia/NZ etc the same question :-)

    So when property market price drops its due some or most of us its got to do with greed....

    Once again I do apologize for the statement I am too a home owner who just few years back bought a property during high time so I know how it feels to bite the bullet.
    We, as SG, is a victim of our own success.

    We become so successful, that at the same time, are caught in this cycle of rising prices and materialism.

    Blame no one except ourselves

  20. #20
    Member Bukitimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,261

    Default Re: Property Market Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    We, as SG, is a victim of our own success.

    We become so successful, that at the same time, are caught in this cycle of rising prices and materialism.

    Blame no one except ourselves
    I magi e home is just $100k and your children have no problem buying to live in. You didn't pay millions thus your saving goes to other investment and quality of life spending with your family when they were young.

    Another scenario, you laid $1 m and work the **** out of your life hopping one day you sell it at $3M to retire a good life. Your children now need $10m and you help to contribute your $3M. They are still in debt and you don't have $ to retire. Both you and your children still get to live in the same house whether they are $100k or $3M!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •