Thread: SQ scare

Default SQ scare

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sin...es-plane-lande

According to a friend, Flightradar24's data shows that the plane lost 13,000 feet over approximately 30 minute. Plus it happened on 23 May... today then reported in local media.

I'm equally surprised by the media blackout
    Dropping 13000ft from 39000ft is no joke.

Default Re: SQ scare

The best part of the news is the flight continues all the way to Shanghai where the plane could have turn back maybe HK as they are near HK when it happen... Unless the pilot is 100% certain he solved the issue... easily the pilot could have killed everyone in the plane include himself by doing that.
    <<<<<Hobo in Singapore >>>> View My 500px

Quote Originally Posted by albertri View Post
    The best part of the news is the flight continues all the way to Shanghai where the plane could have turn back maybe HK as they are near HK when it happen... Unless the pilot is 100% certain he solved the issue... easily the pilot could have killed everyone in the plane include himself by doing that.
    A friend's speculation which I find quite reasonable: the plane was perfectly fine, it was a pilot fault. Note that the same plane 9V-SFF flew back to Singapore as SQ 825 (presumably with a plane load of passengers) on 24 May with no issue.

Pilots don't always make the decisions by themselves, they are in consultation with the ground control and sometime it's the control Center that made the decision that they have to follow.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sin...es-plane-lande

According to a friend, Flightradar24's data shows that the plane lost 13,000 feet over approximately 30 minute. Plus it happened on 23 May... today then reported in local media.

I know some background on this which won't be shared here but the media has blown it out of proportion.... not a major incident.
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

Quote Originally Posted by albertri View Post
    Another over reaction like a journalist.
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfive View Post
    Another over reaction like a journalist.
    Agreed. Scaremongering at its best. Question: could the pilot have killed everyone excluding himself?
    EOS

There is no eject seat in commercial airliner and with the pilot position in the front most of the crashes they will not survive compared to the higher survival rate of the passengers behind.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

yeah, in fact I saw this news on businessinsider before local news -.- I mean, the only good thing is thankfully everyone is safe lol.
    http://www.shimmeryphotography.com/ - Shimmery Wedding Photography And Videography In Singapore