Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Filipina maid photographs modern slavery in Hongkong.

Default Re: Filipina maid photographs modern slavery in Hongkong.

Quote Originally Posted by albertri View Post
    To solve the real issue we need to dive deeper and find the root cause, salary is the overlaying problem only. What we have learn from school to solve a problem we must find the root cause... do you all think salary is the root cause here?
    You are right, the root cause is something else. I stated that the salary is the driving force.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    Since when anywhere and anytime in history do maids make big bucks? You don't like pay get different job!
    Sometimes it's not always possible. Poverty, lack of education and opportunity means that in some cases, that's all they can do (legally I mean). The issue is how some employers see that as their leverage. Which is really sad when you think about it. How pathetic must they be, to take advantage of others who are in a lesser position than themselves.

Close your ear to the cry of the poor and no one will hear when you cry out. Maybe the answer is to strive to lift everyone out of poverty. Good luck. Some start in sewer and do not like it there so they climb out of it. Where there is a will there is a way!
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 30th May 2015 at 12:28 PM.

Bro i think in other country the employer dont pay any levy so in SG if the levy was added to the maid salary its at par with HK maid salary or maybe even higher there maids now jn SG getting 700-900 salary but sadly there are some still getting low also.
    So who pockets the $300 levy money in the money chain?

The maid? The policeman? The clerk in government office? Secret society? Big Brother? The Unseen Hands? Or the citizens of this land?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    So who pockets the $300 levy money in the money chain?

The maid? The policeman? The clerk in government office? Secret society? Big Brother? The Unseen Hands? Or the citizens of this land?
    ----------------

50% "levy" = income tax on this pittance!!!!!

Current income tax (levy) flows in the budget of the government.

Pay all the other workers & staff in Singapore also
    so high (50%) income taxes ????

The solution to end this inhuman exploitation:
    Minimum wage per hour (as in Germany): 8,50 EUR or 12,60 S$
    Last edited by Poseidon88; 30th May 2015 at 03:59 PM.

Maybe it all boils down to if you were maid which country would you like to live in? Don't know about you bros but Singapore would be at the top of my list probably. At least against the other places mentioned in this thread.

Maybe it all boils down to if you were maid which country would you like to live in?
    As a maid Canada for its salmons.

As a photographer China for its grandeur and beauties.

As a minister Singapore for its pays.

If you happen to be looking for a maid now. You will.find ex Hong Hong, Saudi, Malaysia, etc. If singapore fare so badly, why they wish to return?

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    If you happen to be looking for a maid now. You will.find ex Hong Hong, Saudi, Malaysia, etc. If singapore fare so badly, why they wish to return?
    Because they miss you?

Sion - you are looking for a maid?

https://www.helpling.de/haushaltshil...FWvJtAodE3AA7Q

hourly wage is EUR 12,60 or S$ 18,52
    per month EUR 2064,00 or S$ 3034,00

(for the statutory minimum wage of EUR 8.50 or S$ 12,50
    no "good" maid will work for you)
    Last edited by Poseidon88; 31st May 2015 at 01:43 PM.

Since when anywhere and anytime in history do maids make big bucks? You don't like pay get different job!
    Exactly. It is up to the individual to break out of poverty. Some took a few generations (remember how our parents always want us to study hard and work hard and they themselves work damn real hard themselves as living examples?) Look at where Singaporeans were 50 years ago. Look at now?

Some may say this hard, that hard, difficulties here and there, but over often the ones that make it are the ones who came from the toughest conditions, for they have the greatest reasons to. The people inbetween are either not hungry enough or already comfortable or always took the easier way out - quiting. So only mouth talk and fingers type, no real work or effort.

If one can stop complaining and start working and making changes...
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

I once worked in a shipyard with many FT.

The Minister of Labour of the FT came to visit the workers at the shipyard. He appeared to be very concern about their well being and asked many questions including their incomes.

I was very touched and told the FT that they had a minister who care for them and looked after their welfare. To my surprise, the answer was otherwise. They told me that he was after their monies!.....Guess what?

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon88 View Post
    Sion - you are looking for a maid?

https://www.helpling.de/haushaltshil...FWvJtAodE3AA7Q

hourly wage is EUR 12,60 or S$ 18,52
    per month EUR 2064,00 or S$ 3034,00

(for the statutory minimum wage of EUR 8.50 or S$ 12,50
    no "good" maid will work for you)
    I don't mind paying my maid that rate if I get the same salary as those people in Europe but I'm not, and not even higher that HK salary. I have a friends in EU/HK/Japan/US we work in the same company and same position/JD our salaries varies a lot even my US counterparts... Even compare to my Japanese counter part SG salary not that high.... only cost of living high ^_^

If you want to do apple to apple comparison make it a wider range bro can not just focus on one aspect and blow it out of proportion...

Some of us have very telescopic views of things we forget to widen our vision and see more before we jump into conclusion... this is where conflicts and misunderstanding arises and also some extremist are using such tactics to stir anger and emotions.. Let's all take a deep breath and step out and view things from different perspective before we make any comments...
    Last edited by albertri; 12th June 2015 at 10:20 AM.
    <<<<<Hobo in Singapore >>>> View My 500px

I don't mind paying my maid that rate if I get the same salary as those people in Europe but I'm not, and not even higher that HK salary. I have a friends in EU/HK/Japan/US we work in the same company and same position/JD our salaries varies a lot even my US counterparts... Even compare to my Japanese counter part SG salary not that high.... only cost of living high ^_^
    Did you compare every aspect of salary? Did you use gross salary or net? Did you also consider the social benefits included for European countries? (Health insurance, unemployment insurance, pension funds etc.) Apple to Apple comparison is not that straight forward, even if it's only about salary.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Did you compare every aspect of salary? Did you use gross salary or net? Did you also consider the social benefits included for European countries? (Health insurance, unemployment insurance, pension funds etc.) Apple to Apple comparison is not that straight forward, even if it's only about salary.
    I am not a labor expert and only knows based on I said "my company" and my fellow employee at same title/JD based on our sharing I notice salary rate in "my company" differs from country to country even we are the same level... What I am saying I am just stating that we should not compare as different countries have different cost of living and different salary benefit ranges...

If anyone here are expert in this field maybe they could enlighten us :-)
    Last edited by albertri; 12th June 2015 at 11:12 AM.

on a lighter sidenote

not sure if anyone noticed. the filipina in this article first came into the spotlight with her images shot on a fujix100. now she has upfraded to a sony a7 with a manual leica lens with her scholarship.

A7R3|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|FE85|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|70-200G2

Quote Originally Posted by ricleo View Post
    on a lighter sidenote

not sure if anyone noticed. the filipina in this article first came into the spotlight with her images shot on a fujix100. now she has upfraded to a sony a7 with a manual leica lens with her scholarship.

Yrah bro I did mentioned that here also looks like A7x and Leica lens woot don't play play... even my friend in HK man they got top of the line cam some have two Leica bodies man oh man and we are working in the same company same title/JD also...

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    Families in Australia, NZ, U.S. etc have a good work life balance. Eg my former neighbour who migrated to NZ, when she had her kids, was home by 4pm. In the meantime she leaves the kid at child care. My good buddy's brother in law is back home by 5pm on weekdays while the wife is a stay at home mother. My cousin who lived in Zurich was working from home 3 days a week when she had her baby. Now she has moved back here with the family she is forced to hire a maid because both husband and wife are working. The UK has just introduced share parental leave for newborn babies, parents can take up to 50 weeks of leave, shared between them. Of this, 37 weeks are paid leave. That's 9 months of paid leave.

Unlike in the past, parents are working longer hours these days and many bosses are not as accommodating to working mothers as in the west.

Hope that answers why some families need a maid.
    Eh no. The United States doesn't really have great work life balance. There is a reason why the US is still the most competitive country in the world and the most productive. If you are a professional, you are likely to be working very long hours at work. The guys in New York can work like 9am to 3am in the morning.

And Singaporeans complain about work life balance.

Quote Originally Posted by NazgulKing View Post
    Eh no. The United States doesn't really have great work life balance. There is a reason why the US is still the most competitive country in the world and the most productive. If you are a professional, you are likely to be working very long hours at work. The guys in New York can work like 9am to 3am in the morning.

And Singaporeans complain about work life balance.
    I want to work in AUS/UK/Ireland heard work life balance in these countries are awesome

post #60 and #61
    what the primitive and shabby messages and photos to do with the title.

Why this gaga text and photos will not be deleted by the moderators??

Brutal exploitation and slavery of the people is a serious crime.

Or is this brutal crime against people in Singapore no offense?
    Last edited by Poseidon88; 13th June 2015 at 03:07 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast