Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Internal multi-card readers ...

  1. #1
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default Internal multi-card readers ...

    Hi again ... as you may have noticed I've been asking a lot of PC hardware questions of late ...

    I'm wondering if any of you are using/have tried those internal multi-card readers, i.e. those which you mount in the 5.25" bay ... as compared to those external USB 2.0 card readers, how do you find the performance?

    Any good internal mutli-card readersto recommend? How much do they cost and where can I get them?

    TIA!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Internal multi-card readers ...

    There are lotsa them in the market. Juz walk around SLS. I dun think they'll cost u more den $30 to $40 max.

    I dun think there will be a huge diff in performance.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  3. #3
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Internal multi-card readers ...

    I've only seen USB 1.0 internal readers - if you happen to find a USB2.0 one please let me know as I am also looking for it.

    I once bought from a shop which says its USB2 but when I went back and tried, its only USB1 :P Promptly got a refund from them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi
    Hi again ... as you may have noticed I've been asking a lot of PC hardware questions of late ...

    I'm wondering if any of you are using/have tried those internal multi-card readers, i.e. those which you mount in the 5.25" bay ... as compared to those external USB 2.0 card readers, how do you find the performance?

    Any good internal mutli-card readersto recommend? How much do they cost and where can I get them?

    TIA!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Internal multi-card readers ...

    hahah my turn to suan CS IDOL!! do a search!! someone did a review on it before liao!! right here in CS!!

    it is found here

    and it is USB2.0
    heheh... dun me ok
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  5. #5
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default Re: Internal multi-card readers ...

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    hahah my turn to suan CS IDOL!! do a search!! someone did a review on it before liao!! right here in CS!!

    it is found here

    and it is USB2.0
    heheh... dun me ok
    Heh ...

  6. #6
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Internal multi-card readers ...

    Just make sure that the card reader is USB2.0, not only the extra ports - some card readers say USB2, but its only the ports which are USB 2, the card reader chugs slowly at USB1

  7. #7
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default Re: Internal multi-card readers ...

    Thanks!

    By the way
    , anyone here uses Thermaltake's Hardcano 13? Will you be able to confirm its card readers transfer @ USB 2.0 speed?



  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The 13th floor
    Posts
    546

    Default Re: Internal multi-card readers ...

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    hahah my turn to suan CS IDOL!! do a search!! someone did a review on it before liao!! right here in CS!!

    it is found here

    and it is USB2.0
    heheh... dun me ok
    I read the review for this item in HWZ forum by HWZers, quite some time back.
    Not very stable. Many ppl complain abt the QC. A lot of bad copies.
    Link

    My advice; get a well-know brand. I'm using a Silverstone internal reader(abt $49). 3-1/2" slot. The card-reader can be taken out from the bay with a push of the bottom.
    Last edited by evq; 20th September 2005 at 09:06 AM.

  9. #9
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Internal multi-card readers ...

    Is the silverstone reader USB2? Which shop sells it?

    Quote Originally Posted by evq
    I read the review for this item in HWZ forum by HWZers, quite some time back.
    Not very stable. Many ppl complain abt the QC. A lot of bad copies.
    Link

    My advice; get a well-know brand. I'm using a Silverstone internal reader(abt $49). 3-1/2" slot. The card-reader can be taken out from the bay with a push of the bottom.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Internal multi-card readers ...

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    Is the silverstone reader USB2? Which shop sells it?
    yup, its USB 2.0

    can get from Fuwell

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The 13th floor
    Posts
    546

    Default Re: Internal multi-card readers ...

    Quote Originally Posted by henavs
    yup, its USB 2.0

    can get from Fuwell
    Thanks for replying.
    Here's the Link

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •