Thread: Need help from X-Drive users

Kiwi
    Guests

Default Need help from X-Drive users

Hi, I've got questions...hope someone can help me!

1. When I download RAW images from my Canon digicam to the X-Drive, it creates 2 folders. One is Canon, what is the other one for?

2. And in the Canon folder, for every RAW file, there is another one with a .THM extension. What is it for and can I delete it?

3. The X-drive runs on an internal battery. The power cord that was supplied is used to charge the battery. However when I wish to download the data to my computer's hard-disk, I don't want to run the X-Drive using the battery. Can I plug the cord into the X-Drive instead? But whenever I do so, the Charging red LED lights up. Is it charging the battery at the same time it is powering the X-Drive?

Thanks!!!

Default Re: Need help from X-Drive users

Originally posted by Kiwi
    Hi, I've got questions...hope someone can help me!

1. When I download RAW images from my Canon digicam to the X-Drive, it creates 2 folders. One is Canon, what is the other one for?

2. And in the Canon folder, for every RAW file, there is another one with a .THM extension. What is it for and can I delete it?

3. The X-drive runs on an internal battery. The power cord that was supplied is used to charge the battery. However when I wish to download the data to my computer's hard-disk, I don't want to run the X-Drive using the battery. Can I plug the cord into the X-Drive instead? But whenever I do so, the Charging red LED lights up. Is it charging the battery at the same time it is powering the X-Drive?

Thanks!!!
    1. That is how the digital camera organise the images ... it will create a series of folders and all of them will contain the images

2. You just need copy the *.RAW files and you can delete the rest. My advice is to copy the whole folder from the x-drive to the PC harddisk and edit the folders in the PC harddisk. The images in the x-drive will act as a backup copy of ur images.

3. Yes u can plug in the power cord into the x-drive while connecting to the PC ... it is not charging the batt until u remove the USB cable.
    Last edited by megaweb; 17th October 2002 at 05:59 PM.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap