Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Singapore customer services not up to standard

Default Re: Singapore customer services not up to standard

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSeth View Post
    I just want the aunties/uncles to smile back whenever I smile to them when I order my kaya toast in hawker centers..

Is this considered too much by Singapore's standard?
    You may want to endear yourself to uncles by wearing this:

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post

The myth about Japanese being polite and hard working. Maybe those have direct experiences working with them or living with them.can share?

To me, every culture has its different way of expressing themselves. Of course among them, there will be bad apples with some having more due to various reasons. Most are related to ones living standard and survival.
    The jap ppl may appear to be polite and nicer, bow at you, but you don't know what they are really thinking inside their mind. They can backstab and bitch behind.

Don't take their politeness for granted.

Due to their culture, they are taught to be accommodating to seniors and customers, won't say no or reject. But what they actually do or think can be the opposite of their accommodating behaviour.

Its like a two headed snake. These type of ppl are the most dangerous. I rather want a person to be upfront and tell me in the face.
    Last edited by donut88; 24th May 2015 at 12:36 PM.

Donut please try and have some faith in the human race bro...I know sometimes it is hard to do... lol
    Expand your mind or get left behind

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    The jap ppl may appear to be polite and nicer, bow at you, but you don't know what they are really thinking inside their mind. They can backstab and bitch behind.
    Due to their culture, they are taught to be accommodating to seniors and customers, won't say no or reject. But what they actually do or think can be the opposite of their accommodating behaviour.
    Its like a two headed snake. These type of ppl are the most dangerous. I rather want a person to be upfront and tell me in the face.
    This is only your interpretation of what you see, heard, suspect, maybe have experienced etc ... but it can be entirely wrong in the same way as what Western people think about people in Asia or you when you enter US. Expectations and interpretations are a sure source for problems and disappointment. Early judgements only say something about the judging person.
    Go to Japan, speak to locals, stay for some months and 'dive' into their culture. It takes more than an occasional holiday visit to understand a country and it's people. I have had many first impressions proven wrong upon going beyond the surface.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    Donut please try and have some faith in the human race bro...I know sometimes it is hard to do... lol
    Not after 南京大屠殺.

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post

I hope I am not taken out of context here. I am not generalising g that all Japanese are not friendly or hard working. In any society, there will be a mix. Therefore we should not think all Japanese or even majority are that way.

Working long hours or spending lots of time at work place do not = to productivity. In fact it shows so.ethical g is very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post

I hope I am not taken out of context here. I am not generalising g that all Japanese are not friendly or hard working. In any society, there will be a mix. Therefore we should not think all Japanese or even majority are that way.

Working long hours or spending lots of time at work place do not = to productivity. In fact it shows so.ethical g is very wrong.

Talking abt this?

https://sg.yahoo.com/news/working-de...time-062953738

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSeth View Post
    I just want the aunties/uncles to smile back whenever I smile to them when I order my kaya toast in hawker centers..

Is this considered too much by Singapore's standard?
    that's what i noticed too. face dark dark when you buy from them . i remember this owner of Econ Minimart at bukit batok, totally no facial expression one...

also, this uncle at hawker also scolded me : " Want chili don't have to tell me lar! My fried kueh tiow comes with chili one lar !! "

knn.....buy from him also kanna scolded.
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Not after 南京大屠殺.
    Oh but how we forget...doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result? Insanity.

Meet the new boss...same as the old boss!
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 25th May 2015 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    Oh but how we forget...doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result? Insanity.

Meet the new boss...same as the old boss!
    Forgive but not forget.
    Last edited by Sion; 25th May 2015 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    that's what i noticed too. face dark dark when you buy from them . i remember this owner of Econ Minimart at bukit batok, totally no facial expression one...

also, this uncle at hawker also scolded me : " Want chili don't have to tell me lar! My fried kueh tiow comes with chili one lar !! "

knn.....buy from him also kanna scolded.
    Hahaha yeah classic scenario you have there.

* Just to make it clear, this is not a sweeping statement across all sellers, but some do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Forgive but not forget.
    And forgiveness does not mean someone is absolved of the crime either.

You bros should come to America and check out the service here nowadays haha...LOL

https://youtu.be/X5Gm6MIfM4A

Old uncle hawker say, "Then she just went AWOL"

Here she is in full glory...LOL https://youtu.be/NUwgv8Rrkig
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 25th May 2015 at 12:39 PM.

Well, I guess, because there is no tipping in Singapore, one can't expect too much. As long as you are served efficiently and without attitude problem it's ok. If you want great service beyond the normal level, then the industry must have tipping. $$ talks :P
    http://www.shimmeryphotography.com/ - Shimmery Wedding Photography And Videography In Singapore

As a service provider for the past 40 years, I have the opportunities to deal with all sort of people from various walk of life and nationalities. There are distinct differences between western and eastern and how they show appreciations. Even Eastern Europeans and western or those from the city and outskirt are quite different. So it is not one particular nationality that is more polite or rude. Their background, environment, individual upbringing, etc are the causes.

If you have traveled and been to western countries, service providers are proud of their job and respected. Can we say the same here and why? It is not that the customer service guy cannot meet the standard but are they treated and supported with that respect first?

Asian mindset need to change. Singapore colonial mindset need to go for thorough cleaning. We need to start from pre-primary school level so that our next generation will grow up different.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12