Thread: Mozilla Thunderbird

Default Mozilla Thunderbird

Just downloaded and used THunderbird as a replacement for my Outlook express.

Realised that the software does not make changes to the email inbox when i deleted or shift the emails. I know that Outlook Express also deletes/moves the email from the actual email account when you do any changes in Outlook, but Thunderbird doesn't. Is there some function to enable this? (ie. When i delete an email in Outlook express, the email in my Hotmail account gets deleted also. Thunderbird doesn't do this) Or does GMail not support this feature?

Is there a function to enable it to read Hotmail accounts? Hotmail is a HTTP server, and Thunderbird can only read POP and IMAP servers...

TIA
    eat. drink. shoot

Default Re: Mozilla Thunderbird

Anybody?
    eat. drink. shoot

evenstar, I think that what you mean is to automatically delete the e-mails at the server when you get them on Thunderbird.

I'm sorry if the names don't really match, I have it in spanish, but it would be something like...

Tools > Account Management > Server Configuration > Leave Messages at the Server (Uncheck it).

As for Hotmail.
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...338ec6858cadbc

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylined
    evenstar, I think that what you mean is to automatically delete the e-mails at the server when you get them on Thunderbird.

I'm sorry if the names don't really match, I have it in spanish, but it would be something like...

Tools > Account Management > Server Configuration > Leave Messages at the Server (Uncheck it).

As for Hotmail.
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...338ec6858cadbc

Hope this helps.
    Erm...that function is disabled. Or do I have to set the function in Gmail to delete messages when they are downloaded?
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    Erm...that function is disabled. Or do I have to set the function in Gmail to delete messages when they are downloaded?
    yes, must set on the gmail end.

i left it on. since gmail has 1GB it's good to keep them online. so even if your pc crashes, your mails are still intact. but i still use thunderbird to download so that i can arrange my mails in folders.

Quote Originally Posted by sillyme

i left it on. since gmail has 1GB it's good to keep them online. so even if your pc crashes, your mails are still intact. but i still use thunderbird to download so that i can arrange my mails in folders.
    Thanks
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by sillyme

Actually what I wanted is that:
    - Emails can be downloaded in Thunderbird (successful)
    - When I read an email, the email in my Gmail web account marks it as "Read" also.(Failed)
    - When I delete an email / shift it to different folders, my web account does the same settings. (Failed)

I know my Outlook Express 6 can do it with Hotmail...but Thunderbird can't with Gmail...
    eat. drink. shoot