Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: you're here to shoot birds? ...

Default Re: you're here to shoot birds? ...

Quote Originally Posted by user111
    whats the problem? both sides telling the truth. nothing much to laugh about.
    what really pissed me off is not the equipment actually, it is the fact that he actually say that we chased away the birds he wanted to shoot 2 times. yes, he repeated it again later, which i did not put inside the story actually

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    what really pissed me off is not the equipment actually, it is the fact that he actually say that we chased away the birds he wanted to shoot 2 times. yes, he repeated it again later, which i did not put inside the story actually
    Next time u see him shooting, bring a portable hifi and blast some techno... that should send all the birds (and him) flying away..
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

this issue is too casual to argue over with abs. neither party will gain much from the arguement lol. if abs want to believe that tms chase away the birds let him be. not as if its something critical or life-threathening that u have to rectify on the spot. move on and take better macro pix

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    Unless his daddy also owns the land around Lower Seletar, he's got no right to say that. You guys weren't really aware that he was lurking in the bushes, no?

Anyway, take this as an exercise in self-restraint and humility (not referring to him, of cos). Just one of those experiences in life...

didn't post to argue, just posting to demonstrate how some photogs operate, this is kopitiam anyway

maybe that day he got pms

lolzzz

just get over with it.

I guess it's just that some ppl talk offending others without realising it. I have a friend also into photography who keep picking on every of my actions. What lens I use, the pictures I take. The age of my tripod.... He hates to be corrected but loves to correct others. But according to a mutual friend who knew him longer.. he said "he's like that wan lah"..

I can't help feeling he has something against me.. Maybe ABS just lacks EQ.

Live and let live.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by Papilio
    Unless his daddy also owns the land around Lower Seletar, he's got no right to say that. You guys weren't really aware that he was lurking in the bushes, no?

Anyway, take this as an exercise in self-restraint and humility (not referring to him, of cos). Just one of those experiences in life...
    yah man ... one of those days, reminds me of an event coverage when the shooting condition was so horrible (full of blockages and stuff) and yet this photographer (in Punggol) gentlemanly let others have their take before going in. if only more photogs can be like that
    Last edited by eikin; 18th September 2005 at 10:20 PM.

this issue is too casual to argue over with abs. neither party will gain much from the arguement lol. if abs want to believe that tms chase away the birds let him be. not as if its something critical or life-threathening that u have to rectify on the spot. move on and take better macro pix
    true .... ok i'm kool now ~

I've got the perfect techno song for "Little Butterfly" ...

Imagine, volume at full on "Ayeeyayeeyayee you're my little butterfly..."

Perfect for TMS, baaaddd for ABS

Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    Next time u see him shooting, bring a portable hifi and blast some techno... that should send all the birds (and him) flying away..
    Kopi Session (when time permits)
    at 100AW, Blk 639, Punggol Drive

Quote Originally Posted by ykia
    I've got the perfect techno song for "Little Butterfly" ...

Imagine, volume at full on "Ayeeyayeeyayee you're my little butterfly..."

Perfect for TMS, baaaddd for ABS
    OMG ...

Actually, if in such a casual situation ABS can behave like this, what would it be like if the situation WAS life threatening?

Live & let live TMS! One thing consistant about people is that they are inconsistant. It must have been a looooong stake out for ABS without much success, and you all were innocent bystanders.

Now, as a kid, it's time to continue playing with my toys...

"I'm a Barbie Girl, in a Barbie world
    Life is plastic, it's fantastic"

{techno music continues...}

Quote Originally Posted by ykia
    Live & let live TMS! One thing consistant about people is that they are inconsistant. It must have been a looooong stake out for ABS without much success, and you all were innocent bystanders.

Now, as a kid, it's time to continue playing with my toys...

"I'm a Barbie Girl, in a Barbie world
    Life is plastic, it's fantastic"

{techno music continues...}
    i laugh until i want to cry liao

Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    Haha... u guys should have help him format his CF card and run away
    *hold Mode+Del for 3 seconds*
    No, should ask to check out his 4GB CF card, hold the cam under your chin and drool into the CF slot while admiring the card.

Ok, relac brudders. Not worth getting all worked up over this fella, ah. Just let it be, ah!

Cheers!

Blog Entries

but "his" birds eat our subjects too.

Anyway, no big, it is his loss

Ok, tell me where is the place, I go and plant a signage for him,

Strictly for Me, I and Myself only
    Out of bounce
    to Dogs, Cats, Bugs, CSers, and macro shooters

hey bro ... thanks for the gd story but this world is like " rich people fart the loudest " (no offense to people who are rich , i have known a few who is humble and helpful) ... but the end story if u could understand the meaning is " winner takes it all "

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Ok, tell me where is the place, I go and plant a signage for him,

Strictly for Me, I and Myself only
    Out of bounce
    to Dogs, Cats, Bugs, CSers, and macro shooters

Erm... shouldn't that be "Out of Bounds"? You're still thinking about bounce flash leh... just like a true photography buff.

I read and re-read the conversation posted initially and can't find much offensive about it. Perhaps I cannot read the tone of voice, nor body language used, so I can't detect the sarcasm.

But put yourself in the bird shooter's shoes - I'm led to believe that serious birding is a long drawn out waiting game. He's probably stating fact when he commented that you guys came and scared the birds away, and feeling enough frustration that he had to mention it again. He was probably there for much longer than you, squatting under camouflauge, bushes, or whatever, putting up with the heat and insects, etc. I doubt at any point did he ask you guys to clear off.

You have as much a right to be there as he has, but shouldn't there be mutual respect for photographers? You wouldn't purposely stand in front of a fellow photographer during an events shoot would you? Its common courtesy to get your shot and move out of the way isn't it?

Where is the empathy?

The replies that follow on this thread are tantamount to jeering - mob mentality. It may all be said in jest, but really reflects the mindset of some of the people on CS.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast