Thread: X-ray camera

Default X-ray camera

i have saw this add on hardwarezone, if your camera has a night shot just add a ir filter then it will become a xray camera.

http://www.hardwarezone.com/classified/viewad.hwz?aid=146425&category=1&

Please note that such devices are illegal.

Regards
    CK

LOL. $150 bucks for the piece of cheap glass. 37mm somemore.

Ckiang: Why illegal? What about IR photography?

yeah i know you can get a cheap ir filter for 20 - 30 sgd and how come its illegal??? so you mean sony is selling illegal stuff. it's the owner responsibility to use it on good or bad.

Originally posted by vendeta
    yeah i know you can get a cheap ir filter for 20 - 30 sgd and how come its illegal??? so you mean sony is selling illegal stuff. it's the owner responsibility to use it on good or bad.
    can u give examples of good and bad usage.

Originally posted by Zoomer
    LOL. $150 bucks for the piece of cheap glass. 37mm somemore.

Ckiang: Why illegal? What about IR photography?
    The usual IR photography is based on near-IR energy, it's not quite the same as the night vision type IR devices, or the Sony see-through cameras. They work on a different spectrum.

Regards
    CK

Quote Originally Posted by vendeta
    where to buy cheap filters?

Quote Originally Posted by ckiang
    The usual IR photography is based on near-IR energy, it's not quite the same as the night vision type IR devices, or the Sony see-through cameras. They work on a different spectrum.

Regards
    CK
    Why does owning a Sony cam and IR filter make it illegal?
    Last edited by bernards; 22nd July 2004 at 11:53 AM.

No guide to which Sony models work.

http://www.kaya-optics.com/products/experiments.shtml

http://www.kaya-optics.com/products/how_it_works.shtml

BTW. Where can you buy 1000 nm rated IR filters for $20 or $30? Those are probably the lower rating ones. Those high pass filter are very expensive. A Hoya one can cost you about $300.

Technically, Xray and IR are on opposite sides of the visible spectrum. So the Sony camera with the IR filter is not an X-ray camera.

The Sony camera has a night shot mode that is sensitive to IR. Our body emits IR that penetrates some types of clothing. Using a IR filter to filter out the visible spectum the camera then has the capability to see through clothings.

I think owning the equipment may not be illegal, since it was sold commercially, but using the equipment to take see-through photos without the subject's prior consent should be illegal.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Quote Originally Posted by roygoh
    Technically, Xray and IR are on opposite sides of the visible spectrum. So the Sony camera with the IR filter is not an X-ray camera.

The Sony camera has a night shot mode that is sensitive to IR. Our body emits IR that penetrates some types of clothing. Using a IR filter to filter out the visible spectum the camera then has the capability to see through clothings.

I think owning the equipment may not be illegal, since it was sold commercially, but using the equipment to take see-through photos without the subject's prior consent should be illegal.
    Thanks for the layman explanation on how this see-thru feature works.

Your last paragraph should be addressed to ckiang though.