Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Amos Yee's slapper in court today

  1. #21
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,544

    Default Re: Amos Yee's slapper in court today

    Adults outside bar maybe? Slapping a minor in front of the court house might be a little stupid too even though...probably just adds to everyone's misery.
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 15th May 2015 at 11:53 AM.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  2. #22
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Amos Yee's slapper in court today

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    The hero is treated with great respect.

    I heard in some culture, they slap each other out of respect.....

  3. #23

    Default Re: Amos Yee's slapper in court today

    Quote Originally Posted by Parka View Post
    I find the sentencing quite strange.

    There are people fighting outside bars and police would advise the victims to take it up as civil case.

    So why is this slapper's case a criminal case?
    slapping causes physical hurt, so it is assault and battery, which is a criminal case.
    people fighting outside bars/restaurants is a criminal case. the courts just sentenced one of the assailants if the korean group outside Rendezvous Hotel to 8 months jail for fighting and causing serious bodily injuries to the victims.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post

    I heard in some culture, they slap each other out of respect.....
    Come come, I need to slap you very hard because I respect you alot.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Amos Yee's slapper in court today

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Come come, I need to slap you very hard because I respect you alot.
    Cool. As long as you'll drop your pants and let us slap your donut-tender behind.
    Last edited by Sion; 16th May 2015 at 02:55 PM.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,544

    Default Re: Amos Yee's slapper in court today

    Sion you being weird cat now sir...lol
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post

    Cool. As long as you'll drop your pants and let us slap your donut-tender behind.
    I don't have much respect from you all, so I don't deserve the slaps

  8. #28
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Amos Yee's slapper in court today

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    I don't have much respect from you all, so I don't deserve the slaps
    Forget the respect.

    Just enjoy the pain.

  9. #29
    Member Bukitimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,261

    Default Re: Amos Yee's slapper in court today

    Quote Originally Posted by Parka View Post
    I find the sentencing quite strange.

    There are people fighting outside bars and police would advise the victims to take it up as civil case.

    So why is this slapper's case a criminal case?
    Two individual fighting is either civil or causing public nuisance. in this case, he is abusing the law!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •