Thread: Battery for Videocam - Sony NP-FM50

Default Battery for Videocam - Sony NP-FM50

Dear CS'sers,

Anyone into vid phography? want to get the above, ~ $122 original at sony gallery, pretty ex compared to my BP511s! Know where to get cheaper originals or 3rd party batts?

Asked east gear but they do not have it

Cheers

Default Re: Battery for Videocam - Sony NP-FM50

i just bought some frm ebay.. cheap, but performance not up to the original ones...

mine was the P series

Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus
    Dear CS'sers,

Anyone into vid phography? want to get the above, ~ $122 original at sony gallery, pretty ex compared to my BP511s! Know where to get cheaper originals or 3rd party batts?

Asked east gear but they do not have it

Cheers

This is a very popular battery found in many Sony Product. I am one of those who use this battery in my now "old" 3.2 megapixel Digital Camera...it was also used in my even older Sony Video Cam.

I bought a third party one a few months ago I paid $39 or something around that figure. I found it at Courts Super Store in Suntec City. Not bad.. I did not want to buy the Sony original as it was like $130 for one!. I only need it to power my old Sony digital camera since I am letting my mom use it. You might call to check with Courts to see if they have anymore. I bought the last piece I saw hanging at the battery and accesories shelf.

suprised to hear courts selling OEM sony, as with all sony batt, its illegal to sell it since they patented the info-lithium thingy... more over camera will reject batt. not made from these technology, so if the camera dont reject it means patent infringement...

If you are willing to go to Ang Mo Kio, M.S. Color do sell this battery as I received an online quotation for it.

eh they tell me they dont sell OEM sony batt... say illigal ..

oh btw see my thread in 'general, review, tech talk'