Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Help. Can't read/format my SD card.

  1. #1

    Default Help. Can't read/format my SD card.

    Hi guys,

    I have a problem with my SanDisk Extreme Pro card.

    I was using it in my LX100 and it was working fine today til 2 pictures I took somehow became corrupted. The pictures could not be deleted. Then it stopped working on the lx100.

    I plugged it into both my iMac and PC. Both can read but can't format the card. It says that the card is write protected. (the lock switch is in the unlock position.)

    I tried to use command prompt to clear all read only attributes on the card and even used regedit to remove the writeprotect. But all these doesn't work. I can't format my card.

    Is there a solution to this? Or is the card gone for good?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: Help. Can't read/format my SD card.

    I have a feeling that the switch on the card is stuck in Read only mode (despite the switch is in the unlock position) If it's really so, then I suggest a change of memory card...
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    I have a feeling that the switch on the card is stuck in Read only mode (despite the switch is in the unlock position) If it's really so, then I suggest a change of memory card...
    I dun think it is stuck cause I have never moved it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Help. Can't read/format my SD card.

    How old is your card? Memory card will NOT last forever. It is built into the card a life span which you can not avoid. That's the bad thing about flash memory. It depends a lot on how often you use the card to shoot over and over again and for how long a time you used it like a year or two years..etc. There is a sticky thread that will give you some idea as to how memory card works and how it fails progressively.

    Another way would be to send it to the dealer to check it?
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

  5. #5

    Default

    This card is only a couple months old. I bought it from a MO in Fuji X FB group.

    Not sure if can send back to dealer.

  6. #6
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Copy out all your pictures. Then bring your sandisk card back to the authorized agent for warranty service. Note that there are 3 authorized agents of sandisk in singapore. You can find out their info on sandisk official site. You need to find out which is agent who distributed your card.

    Curious, the MO is ordered from who and where? Because there are so many fake sandisk cards out there that I will only buy from known authorized retailers.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Copy out all your pictures. Then bring your sandisk card back to the authorized agent for warranty service. Note that there are 3 authorized agents of sandisk in singapore. You can find out their info on sandisk official site. You need to find out which is agent who distributed your card. Curious, the MO is ordered from who and where? Because there are so many fake sandisk cards out there that I will only buy from known authorized retailers.
    MO was from the local fuji x FB group.

    Saw from the box it is not local distributor. So I guess I can kiss the card goodbye

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: Help. Can't read/format my SD card.

    Quote Originally Posted by vengels View Post
    MO was from the local fuji x FB group.

    Saw from the box it is not local distributor. So I guess I can kiss the card goodbye
    If it's not local distributor, get another new card... since it will not be covered by warranty.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  9. #9
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vengels View Post

    MO was from the local fuji x FB group.

    Saw from the box it is not local distributor. So I guess I can kiss the card goodbye
    I am in the same group myself. My advice for memory cards is always get local, because memory cards do fail, no matter which class you buy. And you do not have to worry about fake cards which are so prevalent in the.market now.

    Suggest you contact the MO organizer to get the seller's details. You might be able to get it replaced.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Help. Can't read/format my SD card.

    I contacted the seller and got a replacement. Good job by Eric who did the MO. Problem solved.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  11. #11

    Default Re: Help. Can't read/format my SD card.

    Generally all SD card come w few years warranty. Do you happen to keep the package or the receipt?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •