Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how many still listen to Beyond?

Default Re: how many still listen to Beyond?

无尽空虚

* togu play the keyboard, guitar and percussion...

谁愿压抑心中怒愤冲动
    咒骂这虚与伪与假
    从没信要屈膝面对生命
    纵没有别人帮
    一生只靠我双手
    让我放声疯狂叫囔
    今天的他呼风可改雨
    不可一世太嚣张
    乜哥乜哥多么的讨厌
    we don't need you anymore
    go to hell !
    谁愿意将一生扮作英雄
    去面对风雨共创伤
    难道世间真的没有公道
    纵没有别人可
    高声呼叫我不甘
    独我放声疯狂叫囔

* whew...whoo...whew....
    Last edited by togu; 3rd October 2005 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by West_ray
    are they releasing new album ? Out of a sudden they just pop out with a concert .. haha ... or is it they have income ?
    Beyond was in the midst of conquering the Japanese Music Market at their peak but with their lead singer's death, they went into semi-retirement. They stopped venturing into other Asian markets and concentrated solely on Hongkong. That is why their popularity in the rest of Asia faded, yet they remain wildly popular at home. The best proof of this is when you watch their 2003 concert DVD in Hongkong, during the SARS crisis, their concert was filled to capacity with fans attending the concert wearing face masks.

This time round, they have announced that the band will officially retire and that is why they are holding concerts as a farewell to their Asian fans.

Quote Originally Posted by jimtong
    I have compiled all their songs into MP3 too. In my opinion, they are one of the best Chinese band in the 90s.
    I agree! Beyond has existed for 20 over years and in Asia, there is no other band that can stay together for so long and remain as popular as they are. It is said that Mayday is the only other band that may be able to match them.

A salute to togu for the classics of Beyond.

I was in Hongkong week before last, saw an MTV with beyond's drummer singing. Dunno is that his new album.

Some facts about them....

The only Cantonese/Chinese rock group to write and play their own original lyrics and song.

One of the first Chinese group to perform live in Japan

Although they are disbanded but they still perform some private gigs.

Paul the lead guitarist has the most sucess due to his great skills in guitar.

Sea and Sky is the most successful song they ever produce. Funny thing about this song is after Wong Kar Kui, the lead singer recorded the song, he fell to his death in the studio set in Tokyo. His brother Wong Ka Keung re-record Sea and Sky and his voice sound exactly the same as his older brother.....

They have been known as the "Beatles of Asia"

I have always adore and listen to their songs. Use to jam some of their songs with some friends when I was in Melbourne, playing bass guitar. Haha.....

How I wish he (Ka Kui) did not pass away as Asian music would have been so different as they (Beyond) went where no band or singer dare to venture, to be different from others.

I still listen to them, quite often, sometimes even on my old cassettes! "Sik Yat, Kum Yat, Ming Yat".

Beyond's Live Story Farewell concert in Singapore was a blast! It is one of the best concert i have been to. The 2 hours and 20 minutes show was well worth my every single cents but there is a naggy emptiness after the concert.....simply because never again will Beyond perform again... not in Singapore, not in Hongkong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123