Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travelling with tripod, or buying monopod

Default Re: Travelling with tripod, or buying monopod

Quote Originally Posted by jumbocrab
    How about Gitzo 1027? It is very light and small. Good for "just in case".
    wow, Gitzo 1027, nice, but I don't think I want to be buying another tripod for now - if I buy one there, then I don't need to bring mine, but I've already got one here (and the 1027 being a CF tripod, I'm guessing it'll also cost a lot of money)

but will check out the 679,
    songandesther - for the feisol monopod, how much did it cost and which model was it?

Is it a good idea to get another head for it? or would the 322RC2 from my tripod be good enough / usable?

If you're looking for a CF tripod, check out the Benro tripods at TCW. IMHO they look like Gitzo clones at around half the price. I have a C-228 which is equivalent to a G1228, I think. Haven't compared it directly with a Gitzo, but it looks pretty well constructed.

Quote Originally Posted by adamadam
    wow, Gitzo 1027, nice, but I don't think I want to be buying another tripod for now - if I buy one there, then I don't need to bring mine, but I've already got one here (and the 1027 being a CF tripod, I'm guessing it'll also cost a lot of money)

but will check out the 679,
    songandesther - for the feisol monopod, how much did it cost and which model was it?

Is it a good idea to get another head for it? or would the 322RC2 from my tripod be good enough / usable?
    The model is Feisol CT-1401, it costs SGD$139 at Eastgear and last time Mscolor quoted me SGD$135.

A good lightweight head to use for monopod is manfrotto 234RC. It costs about SGD$37. However, I don't know why I haven't bought it yet.

Thanks songandesther, I'll check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    CF models range >$700 bro. For your height, a 1227 will be nice...
    Thanks bro for the info. May be have to tighten my belt a little.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12