Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying out Vespa/Scooter

Default Trying out Vespa/Scooter

Anyone knows where I can try out riding a Vespa/Scooter?
    Just to get a feel of it.
    Thanks

Default Re: Trying out Vespa/Scooter

Quote Originally Posted by nuts View Post
    Thanks
    have you tried Google it first? I guess not, anyway........

http://vespaclub.sg/web/index.php/2013-09-19-09-22-45

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vinta...20669337957960

http://www.bhh.com.sg/bhhmotorcyclerental
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Guess need license first?

Quote Originally Posted by trd2970 View Post
    Class 2B for 400cc and below.

Thanks
    Vespa and Scooter are for girls because of the skirts they wear.

Make sure you've get a skirt first before trying it.

Google?! Whats that?! *gasp*
    anyway.......

Quote Originally Posted by trd2970 View Post
    yup, as pointed out, to rent, need license

Ooooh, I want that chiobu instead of the scooter.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post

Let me get this straight.......So you are hoping someone will lend you a scooter to take a joyride with the person or "get a feel of it" as you put it by driving it? Without licence on your part or not?

If something happens to you or worst invovles another party in even a minor mishap, what do you think are your liabilities compares to the "good samaritan" who (foolishly) let you try the scooter for a ride when you don't have valid license?

Having served in the Police Force I have experience at least 3 cases where persons without a valid license or an expired one took their parent's car out for a ride, got into accidents (damage the car bumping into objects and one was hitting another car in the rear) and stopped at routine road blocks. All 3 cases, ended in them being charged with theft of vehicles by their parents. Why? Because if they did not, the car owner will be charged for letting a minor or someone without permission or valid license behind the wheel of a vehicle driving on the public road. This effect his car insurance, accident claims if something happens, persecution for illegal use of the car, possible confiscation of vehicle and whatever charges they deem necessary. So to safe guard that, their lawyer and even police office would ask the parent or whoever to say you took the vehicle without consent as a better solution then be charged.

So if you don't have a valid Class 2B license then it's best you get one FIRST. Anyone who is willing to lend you his bike has to be smart to take a look at your identity card and license to verify it first. For anything done wrong or illegal you are liable as well if not more. Just becasue it is a scooter does not make it "a lot' safer to "try-and-get-a-feel-for-it".
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

This type apparently no need license, no need safety gear, no need COE, and can ride anywhere - since it is just a bicycle. Sold in shops in Geylang area, I heard...

No, I have no intention to bring the scooter out for a joyride. As you said, without a license, its just asking for trouble to go out to the roads in Singapore.

I've ridden scooter overseas before (but not vespa), and would be renting one in Italy (they only require valid driving license) soon. I was just hoping to see if the "handling or feel" is similar, and if something can be arranged to try in some carpark or secluded space etc... but oh well, this is Singapore after all

Certainly don't want to get anyone in trouble, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Let me get this straight.......So you are hoping someone will lend you a scooter to take a joyride with the person or "get a feel of it" as you put it by driving it? Without licence on your part or not?

I think the picture u show below is need license.......

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    This type apparently no need license, no need safety gear, no need COE, and can ride anywhere - since it is just a bicycle. Sold in shops in Geylang area, I heard...

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post

And I hope they ban this or find a way to regulate it for safety of pedestrian. Set up a special driving class for them. Too many using this in ways that show very little concern for others especially when they ride about speedily off road areas like five foot ways, kopitiam and shop houses.
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

No, I have no intention to bring the scooter out for a joyride. As you said, without a license, its just asking for trouble to go out to the roads in Singapore.

I've ridden scooter overseas before (but not vespa), and would be renting one in Italy (they only require valid driving license) soon. I was just hoping to see if the "handling or feel" is similar, and if something can be arranged to try in some carpark or secluded space etc... but oh well, this is Singapore after all

Certainly don't want to get anyone in trouble, thanks
    In SG, u can do anything u want. Just don't get caught.

We didn't restrict your freedom of choice and decision making. Its the consequence that u have to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post

How can....once the bike starts moving...their skirt will float like a parachute....everybody can see their under carriage.....this will cause major accident for the opposite direction vehicles..

Do you have a valid class 2B / 2A / 2 driving license?

On this subject, I wonder why Singapore did not encourage electric scooters to replace the current bikes? It is much more quieter and less pollution.

If it is charging the battery, surely manufacturer can design battery that can be removed and bring home to charge. With so many traffic lights and congestion, the emission from petrol bikes can be reduced with such scooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    On this subject, I wonder why Singapore did not encourage electric scooters to replace the current bikes? It is much more quieter and less pollution.

If it is charging the battery, surely manufacturer can design battery that can be removed and bring home to charge. With so many traffic lights and congestion, the emission from petrol bikes can be reduced with such scooters.
    Its a conspiracy between govt and our petrol cartel........

Why didn't our petrol price fall 50%, since the global price has already fallen that much? And why the govt raise the petrol duty out of sudden?
    Last edited by donut88; 5th May 2015 at 09:42 AM.

those electric scooters you are mentioning, is still classified as bicycle, if replacing the motorcycle, it has to reach certain speed to allow to travel on the expressway, and riders need to have a valid driving licence to use it, and owners also need to obtain valid COE before allowing them to own a electric scooters.

do you still think it is feasible?

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Its a conspiracy between govt and our petrol cartel........

Why didn't our petrol price fall 50%, since the global price has already fallen that much? And why the govt raise the petrol duty out of sudden?
    for those electric motorcycles can really replace the current motorcycle, just look at the price tag.......

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/...s-buyers-guide

that is still not including COE yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast