Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confession of an ex Singapore Girl

Blog Entries

Default Re: Confession of an ex Singapore Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    If you fall asleep you'll miss your meal in the plane. Is that right?

I was in Cathay Pacific last year. The air hostess didn't wake me up.

I remembered years ago I flew business class and had to fill in a sticker on the seat requesting to be woken come meal time.

Sir, I get the pilot to personally wake you up at meal time ...........stewardess on MC........ and leave the controls to the Kamikaze co-pilot ...........
    Last edited by Zenten; 4th May 2015 at 11:58 AM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Sir, I get the pilot to personally wake you up at meal time ...........stewardess on MC........ and leave the controls to the Kamikaze co-pilot ...........
    They are cutting down air-hostesses.

They do self-service sushi lunch-box on the plane now. It's under your seat with a pack of Yeo chrysathemum tea.

"In 2013 I spent Christmas Eve & day alone in the hotel room in New York & I felt so shitty."

I heard an Ang Mo pax said F*** OFF to a steward on a flight when he tried to wake him up for his meal Generally they will try to wake you up genteelly so they won't be ask to F*** OFF and if that does not work they move on. When you wake up just ask them for your meal.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Blog Entries

...... this one also ex-Singapore Girl ......doing well ........

http://yahoosg.tumblr.com/post/59761430516/why-socialite-jamie-chua-needed-s-450-000-mth-in
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

This type of uniform is kind of old fashion now. It's being replaced by this:

Airline name please. Used to be "business trip", now will now be "business & pleasure trip"

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    It is really a tough job to be air steward/stewardess. No joke. Especially if you have a management that doesn't care about their frontline staff...
    Sounds like SQ.
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

Sorry to say, I'm not particularly impressed with her "confession".

Refer to her earlier post in a now, apparently, abandoned blog:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=sg

So she hated, the job, but missed the destinations (oh wait, only some destinations.....).

Other crew she worked with was expected to be "nice" to make her day? Passengers (or customers) were supposed to be quiet and not demanding, or risk being labelled "crazy"?

The job's not all rosy and peachy but her so-called "confession" is just so typical of our "entitled" generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivakis View Post
    Other crew she worked with was expected to be "nice" to make her day? Passengers (or customers) were supposed to be quiet and not demanding, or risk being labelled "crazy"?
    The job's not all rosy and peachy but her so-called "confession" is just so typical of our "entitled" generation.
    I don't think it is asked too much from co-workers and customers to show some minimum levels of manners, friendly behaviour and courtesy.
    Isn't being judgmental also somewhat typical?
    How about taking her 'confessions' as food for thought to reflect about your own working environment and your own actions? Draw your own conclusions about your work - not her confessions.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Sivakis View Post
    Sorry to say, I'm not particularly impressed with her "confession".

Refer to her earlier post in a now, apparently, abandoned blog:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=sg

So she hated, the job, but missed the destinations (oh wait, only some destinations.....).

Her blog says:

"1) I've quit SQ (HURRAY) (FINALLY!!!!!)
    2) Im now married
    3) Im jobless (Well technically I have a job but Im not paid at all *free labour*)
    4) Im living in London now"

I think she has achieved her ultimate dream just like many Singapore Girls.

Oh Singapore Airlines - What a great way to fly.

Last edited by Sion; 19th May 2015 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    I don't think it is asked too much from co-workers and customers to show some minimum levels of manners, friendly behaviour and courtesy.
    How about taking her 'confessions' as food for thought to reflect about your own working environment and your own actions? Draw your own conclusions about your work - not her confessions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    True.

However, I'm speaking as someone who was also from "within the industry".

Naturally, different companies all have their own unique working culture and style. This is no different and it's apparent that it didn't sit well with her.

Seriously, the only times when crew get "zapped" were when they weren't performing up to par. Time is always a pressure. We wouldn't want to land with trays still uncleared from the cabin. If anyone was slow or not performing to standards, it's only natural to get chided.

It's also idealistic to want customers to show some levels of maturity, courtesy and respect. It's great when they do but it's also to be expected if they don't.

It's part and parcel of the service industry and, in the airlines, it's also where expectations are higher. Too bad her expectations and reality met in an ugly and unfavourable manner. Still, no reason to hate on fellow crew or customers whose expectations are different from hers.

If you fall asleep you'll miss your meal in the plane. Is that right?

I was in Cathay Pacific last year. The air hostess didn't wake me up.

I remembered years ago I flew business class and had to fill in a sticker on the seat requesting to be woken come meal time.
    This is a tricky situation. Some people may choose the flight to sleep in between hectic schedule before and after the flight. So if you are in her shoe, either you wake the passenger or not wake, the chance of making the pasenger upset is 50%-50%. Sticker for instruction is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77 View Post
    This is a tricky situation. Some people may choose the flight to sleep in between hectic schedule before and after the flight. So if you are in her shoe, either you wake the passenger or not wake, the chance of making the pasenger upset is 50%-50%. Sticker for instruction is a good idea.
    If you inform the staff to "not wake you up during meal-times", they are supposed to stick a "Do Not Disturb" sticker on your chair, above the headrest. Of course, 2 things can happen:
    1. Passenger did not inform crew and got angry when woken up;
    2. Crew forgot to paste the sticker after being informed;
    3. Sticker fell off..........
    4. Naughty kid sitting behind peeled the sticker off to play.....

No choice. If we don't see a sticker there, we'd automatically wake the pax up. We wouldn't want to risk the pax getting angry for missing a meal.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77 View Post
    I don't think any passenger minds being woken up by such an air hostess:

Last edited by Sion; 21st May 2015 at 04:28 PM.

A airline industry analyst interviewed on news just now said "if SIA is still thinking that they can still charge a premium for better service, then they better think twice. Over the past few years, their service standards have fallen considerably."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12