Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad ass companies with lame excuses

Default Re: Bad ass companies with lame excuses

Aiya let's be frank about this lah. It's the lousy photographers here that are complaining about the miserable pay lah. The real pros are the one earning the big bucks.

Lousy photographers are those whom did one or more jobs before (usually for relatives or friends), and just becos of some flattering (becos the other parties didn't want to peisah him, and also he's doing it for free), think that they are GOD-SENT, and thought that they are good, and want to charge to shoot. There are plentiful over over the photography portal, CS inclusive.

alamak..i met with many more lame excuses..

Authorised Personel for signing cheques/ Directors out of town, then when i slammed them legal letters, suddenly directors would 'fly back' sg suddenly whoa

received cheques, then without signature, or wrong spellings , dunno deliberate or what.. whatever..

what they have to give salaries, bonues to their workers so no money to give us ...

blah.. let me go recall.. MANY more
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    a collarary of ur point

10a. Shoot for us... if u still want ur job (to an existing employee whose bosses found out he had a cam...)

true story too... in nice, more politically correct terms.
    It depends very much what is he shooting.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by furrycake
    alamak..i met with many more lame excuses..

Authorised Personel for signing cheques/ Directors out of town, then when i slammed them legal letters, suddenly directors would 'fly back' sg suddenly whoa

received cheques, then without signature, or wrong spellings , dunno deliberate or what.. whatever..

what they have to give salaries, bonues to their workers so no money to give us ...

blah.. let me go recall.. MANY more
    yeap yeap... a lawyer letter works like charm, esp with a garnishee order... the feeling is just sibeh song... i dun mind wasting some money to make ppl busy... u chao kuan, i suay kuan, everybody see our si lang kuan...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    u chao kuan, i suay kuan, everybody see our si lang kuan...
    Now this is arguably the chimest quote we've seen in ClubSnap for a long time.

I can see a Singapore idol contestant coming on stage and turn it into a song:

"u chao kuan
    i suay kuan...
    everybody Hey everybody
    see our si lang kuu...aaan

u chao kuan
    i suay kuan......"

(Composer: Del_CtrlnoAlt
    All Rights Reserved)
    Last edited by Sion; 16th September 2005 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Now this is arguably the chimest quote we've seen in ClubSnap for a long time.

I can see a Singapore idol contestant coming on stage and turn it into a song:

"u chao kuan
    i suay kuan...
    everybody Hey everybody
    see our si lang kuu...aaan

u chao kuan
    i suay kuan......"

(Composer: Del_CtrlnoAlt
    All Rights Reserved)
    hmm seems that i make alot of new quotes everyday, think i should seriously consider being a philosopher...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

how long shd we wait for payment??? sigh.....now i tend to ask for deposit first...token sum of 50 bucks.

a few months ago had this kind of experience..company is delif****!delay payment,the best thing is they got the cheek to tell u "if u expect to get paid as soon as ur invoice stated were not going to work w/u anymore"first proj w my axe..almost use it to whoop the manager ass!!!kekekeke yesterday saw a few pple who were involve too w the rebranding of this so called deli****...they sing e same song i sang...kekekeke

Quote Originally Posted by glensky
    a few months ago had this kind of experience..company is delif****!delay payment,the best thing is they got the cheek to tell u "if u expect to get paid as soon as ur invoice stated were not going to work w/u anymore"first proj w my axe..almost use it to whoop the manager ass!!!kekekeke yesterday saw a few pple who were involve too w the rebranding of this so called deli****...they sing e same song i sang...kekekeke
    Bloody arrogant customer!..................I never liked their bread anyway!

HS

Quote Originally Posted by glensky
    big companies always do that... thats the game they play, u ask for COD, they give u 30Day later, u give them 15 day term, they drag 60 days, u give them 30 days terms, they think its 120days term, u give them 60 days terms, they thought u give them sample...

and best of all, they still got cheek to ask u for a sample that cost few hundred dollars... and no confirmation ordering, and no prior order. and most likely, will only order 1 from you with a JIT or Urgent PO.

anyway, i find that sometimes service too good, ppl take for granted, if service not good, they kpkb, i think i spoilt my customers... esp when u talk to nice to them, some ppl just love to be smacked...

big companies always do that... thats the game they play, u ask for COD, they give u 30Day later, u give them 15 day term, they drag 60 days, u give them 30 days terms, they think its 120days term, u give them 60 days terms, they thought u give them sample...

and best of all, they still got cheek to ask u for a sample that cost few hundred dollars... and no confirmation ordering, and no prior order. and most likely, will only order 1 from you with a JIT or Urgent PO.

anyway, i find that sometimes service too good, ppl take for granted, if service not good, they kpkb, i think i spoilt my customers... esp when u talk to nice to them, some ppl just love to be smacked...
    Put 'copyrighted' over the image, and tell them you will remove the watermark only after they pay you.......:-)

HS

yeap yeap... a lawyer letter works like charm, esp with a garnishee order... the feeling is just sibeh song... i dun mind wasting some money to make ppl busy... u chao kuan, i suay kuan, everybody see our si lang kuan...
    no no why you so derr kuan (pig :X). anyway i'll always tell the customers that it's a Matter of Principle (they'll say my foot but whatever).

i always believe that no one likes to owe money. thing is, they have few creditors. e.g. S$20 debt , owe S$10 each to 2 creditors, pay who 1st ? so basically the job of creditors mainly is to act faster than other creditors lor
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

Quote Originally Posted by furrycake
    no no why you so derr kuan (pig :X). anyway i'll always tell the customers that it's a Matter of Principle (they'll say my foot but whatever).

i always believe that no one likes to owe money. thing is, they have few creditors. e.g. S$20 debt , owe S$10 each to 2 creditors, pay who 1st ? so basically the job of creditors mainly is to act faster than other creditors lor
    hmm den i really suay kuan... cos i always dio those super chao kuan never pay up kind, den those who cheat your money kind...

paiseh, dig up this old thread to vent my frustrations abit ... completed a 1 month assignment for a local education institution in july, have been waiting for the pay for 2 1/2 months already they are so quick to make more requests and changes and so slow in payment

I think it is quite well known in our industry that local education institutions don't even pay a cent for photography. We always do free jobs for schools in Singapore context.

Quote Originally Posted by Yezrah
    I think it is quite well known in our industry that local education institutions don't even pay a cent for photography. We always do free jobs for schools in Singapore context.
    Don't mind me adding on to it.

I am not paid. I just help out in taking shots of school event when I was in my secondary school.

I do know on the fundings & budgeting. I shall not reveal it here, but bottom line is, they expect you to do xxx yyy zzz. But when comes to spending of money for say purchase of equipments or accessories, you'll get to hear 90% of the time "Not enough funds" when you can see other areas of the school are being improvised

I think it quite dependant on each educational institution management.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12