Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4567811163156 ... LastLast

Thread: Photoaid 5(HIGHFIVE!)

Default Re: Photoaid 5(HIGHFIVE!)

Quote Originally Posted by Funny
    Eikin, if u r organising kopi session, pls organise early cos Racoon nowdays always sleep early.
    you organise lah, how i know when everyone free?

What's a seagull angle finder? Does it only fit the Nikon? Is it in HK and where do I go?What's the regular price in SGP?

As you can tell, I'm very green in buying stuff overseas and non-Canon stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    ykia

want to check the seagull angle finder for us?
    how much is it and can hand carry back for us?

thank you
    Kopi Session (when time permits)
    at 100AW, Blk 639, Punggol Drive

wah finally im back again haha, now season 5 liao so fast...

ive started diving already lolx, quite fun but quite dangerous, quite a number of my buddies already OOC (out of course) due to pressure related illnesses and others sustained injures during raining...

ortega: saw ur video assignment thing in the previous post, quite interested but no time i think lolx, still got tonnes of footage of my hellweek video to edit and the company is waiting for it... n my video cam juz spoilt
    Think I wouldn't be shooting video for quite some time until i got enuff moola to get HD haha

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    the question is, is he free to do the job?
    and does he have the equipment

my kangtow is for watercross = jetski motocross
    this weekend??

My friend do freelance videography and he use Canon XL2

He can also do editing and output to DVD or VCD

Some photos of Shanghai!

Catchlights: Nothing much at the moment, but hope to snap more in Suzhou tomorrow.

#1 Shanghai Fried Dumplings (Cha Xiao Long Pao)

#2 In an antique watch shop (Mao's hand actually waves)

#3 Around the Yuan Gardens (Yi Yuan)

#4 Notice Starbucks

#5 Notice KFC

Sigh! Shanghai is now crowded with Macs, Starbucks, KFC, etc. For those of you planning to visit, come quick before it looks like Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    you organise lah, how i know when everyone free?
    C how lah! As EVQ 1st. He sleep liao!

ooo ... ykia, i see you went to Yu Yuan

well ... Shanghai has always been a trading hub, so i think it's actually quite exciting to see lots of foreign influences coming in and how they actually reshaped the local environment. Yu Yuan has long been a market centre of Shanghai (even in the ancient years of Shanghai county) the modernisation of that place has taken away the nostalgic flavour, but it's working fabulously as a contemporary shopping/trading centre that draws thousands of crowd (even locals) ... having said that what's really disturbing is the conversion of the many vibrant old town areas into versions 2, 3, 4 ... of the famous Xintiandi, replacing large areas of living low income residential areas with sanitized high income commerical zones ... the possible neglect for the less privileged is worrying from the social development point of view

Post twice! Blur oredi. izzit?

happens when the server is slow and one gets impatient ... and the itchy finger clicks again

{repeats to self} YU Yuan, YU, Yuan, YU Yuan...

Tell me about it, Xintiandi is now a mini Orchard Rd & Pauliner Brahaus, Coffee Bean, Hagaan Das.... sidewalk cafes in posh places with posh people hanging around. It doesn't look like you're in China at all.

Well, the poor were displaced, but only a few blocks away -- they were begging for money One young mother had her 3 yr old son sleeping on her lap while she sat on the roadside begging; broke my heart. Wanted to take a snap of her, but it will be too painful to keep looking at the photo, so I didn't.

ooo ... ykia, i see you went to Yu Yuan

well ... Shanghai has always been a trading hub, so i think it's actually quite exciting to see lots of foreign influences coming in and how they actually reshaped the local environment. Yu Yuan has long been a market centre of Shanghai (even in the ancient years of Shanghai county) the modernisation of that place has taken away the nostalgic flavour, but it's working fabulously as a contemporary shopping/trading centre that draws thousands of crowd (even locals) ... having said that what's really disturbing is the conversion of the many vibrant old town areas into versions 2, 3, 4 ... of the famous Xintiandi, replacing large areas of living low income residential areas with sanitized high income commerical zones ... the possible neglect for the less privileged is worrying from the social development point of view

Quote Originally Posted by ykia
    {repeats to self} YU Yuan, YU, Yuan, YU Yuan...

Tell me about it, Xintiandi is now a mini Orchard Rd & Pauliner Brahaus, Coffee Bean, Hagaan Das.... sidewalk cafes in posh places with posh people hanging around. It doesn't look like you're in China at all.

Well, the poor were displaced, but only a few blocks away -- they were begging for money One young mother had her 3 yr old son sleeping on her lap while she sat on the roadside begging; broke my heart. Wanted to take a snap of her, but it will be too painful to keep looking at the photo, so I didn't.
    yes, not pretty sights ... you'll also like to know that there are tens of thousands of posh condominiums left unoccupied around the city, but become speculators' toys ... there are plans for rehousing displaced residents of Shanghai, but often to the suburbs some 2 hour drive from the city centre, where their livelihood is.

Both correct... too many Tsingtao with customer and had to urgently flush it away!

happens when the server is slow and one gets impatient ... and the itchy finger clicks again

Quote Originally Posted by ykia
    Both correct... too many Tsingtao with customer and had to urgently flush it away!
    ho ho ho ... entertaining customers in restaurants ... must be a very noisy affair

Good Morning Everyone!!! Off to Suzhou and will be back later to post!

Good Morning! holiday over and I am back at work,

Funny, you ordered your chocolate too late liao, I had left for the airport. But I do stock up chocolate in my house can pass some to you if you want.

Ykia enjoy your trip, just keep shooting

arh....juz dropped my 50mm n it split into 2........

Quote Originally Posted by zhangyb
    arh....juz dropped my 50mm n it split into 2........
    how can we trust you carring the M16 huh.

so sorry for you

haizzz dunno if TCW can do the servicing, the plastic inside broke, think by right shld be able to glue it back, glass n motor still intact though

haizzz dunno if TCW can do the servicing, the plastic inside broke, think by right shld be able to glue it back, glass n motor still intact though
    aiya, 50mm how much only? just use as magnifying glass, or expensive paper weight lor... repair cost might be more than the cost of a new 50mm
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

can try but might be costly

Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4567811163156 ... LastLast