Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 27101112131417223762 ... LastLast

Thread: Photoaid 5(HIGHFIVE!)

Default Re: Photoaid 5(HIGHFIVE!)

Ortega: I went to the shop Sjourn recommended at Nathan Rd but could not find it there.

For the SB800 buyers: Sjourn, will it also be there? Will they give me your price? If yes, I can off load the first batch for you on my way home.
    Kopi Session (when time permits)
    at 100AW, Blk 639, Punggol Drive

Canon shooters: They've started selling the Speedlite 430 and 70-300mm IS USM here, but my guess is that the price is still very high. But if you are desparate to get it, let me know.

Hello, everyone! I'm quite new to the ClubSnap forums... Thanks to "catchlight" for pointing me to this thread... I'm another Punggolian, from Coral Edge...

A little abt myself, I'm currently working in the aviation industry... was a regular in the Air Force servicing F-5Es in the past... also ran a couple of Swensen's restaurants in between these two jobs. Needless to say, if there's anything that gets me excited, it's planes, planes, planes. Got kaki here?

I wouldn't consider myself as a newbie photographer, but I'm no expert either. Played with my camera on and off through the years. Recently decided to go into it more seriously. Currently own a Canon EOS500 (that recently died) and an old manual Minolta X300. Planning to get a Canon 350D but no $$$ leh. Just booked an EOS88 from another CS'er cos I'm going on a holiday and need a Canon cam. Decided it was a good backup since I have 3 EF mount lens.

Hobbies includes (but are not limited to) photography (duh!), bowling, astronomy, aircraft spotting, reading, etc. If any of you have similar interests, that'll be great!

Sorry if I'm a little OT on a PhotoAid thread... still trying to catch the ball...

Ok, talk later!!
    Last edited by philliptan; 19th September 2005 at 03:17 PM.
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries

Welcome phillip, join us for a kopi session sometime this week
    Last edited by ortega; 19th September 2005 at 03:25 PM.

Corel Edge, very near my block I love planes too, too bad didnt manage to become pilot when i was in NS. Have u shot any planes flying around punggol area? some of them fly rather low.

Want to go next year air show together? But i need to get my 300/2.8 first

BTW, Canon user here, i am into astro too
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Welcome! Welcome!

I'm sure you can easily fit into the group... Poohbear (our chairman) can play a 200+ avg for bowling...Wai (and recently, Ykia) is an Astro Photographer...

Just join us for the next kopi session and you'll get to meet most of us!

Quote Originally Posted by HotSpots
    Just join us for the next kopi session and you'll get to meet most of us!
    since he run a few Swensen, may be can also bring along some desserts

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ykia
    Ortega: I went to the shop Sjourn recommended at Nathan Rd but could not find it there.

For the SB800 buyers: Sjourn, will it also be there? Will they give me your price? If yes, I can off load the first batch for you on my way home.
    No problem ykia, thanks for the trouble

having second toughts about the angle finder.
    I might not be able to hold the camera steady while using it.

What do you ppl think?

Wah, cool! Immediate response!!

I don't have the equipment for AstroPhotog though. Five years ago, I would have been saving up for my Celestron 5, but now it's the Canon 350D. Wai, nice shot of M42! Nice astro forum too (Wah! Too many great forums to go to)

Air show? Of course I'm going! Every year go back and tease the friends in my squadron (ORD LOH!)

Forgot to mention I often spent my time "flying" on Flight Simulator...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    since he run a few Swensen, may be can also bring along some desserts
    yummy

Canon shooters: They've started selling the Speedlite 430 and 70-300mm IS USM here, but my guess is that the price is still very high. But if you are desparate to get it, let me know.
    hmm..u got time to check out the price of Grid focusing screen for Canon 1D?

http://www.adorama.com/CASECD1.html

model number is EC-D, should be around HK$200

thanks

Aiya, I just ran the restaurants, not own them!

Anyway, I got the recipes for the food... if you or your other halves are good at cooking, I can pass you the recipes... secretly...
    Last edited by philliptan; 19th September 2005 at 03:50 PM.

Can do. Will drop by later tonight. Just price check or buy if less than or equal to HK$200?

PS: Do you know if the TC-80N3 (timer remote) at S$175 is worth getting here?

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    hmm..u got time to check out the price of Grid focusing screen for Canon 1D?

http://www.adorama.com/CASECD1.html

model number is EC-D, should be around HK$200

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    Hello, everyone! I'm quite new to the ClubSnap forums... Thanks to "catchlight" for pointing me to this thread... I'm another Punggolian, from Coral Edge...

A little abt myself, I'm currently working in the aviation industry... was a regular in the Air Force servicing F-5Es in the past... also ran a couple of Swensen's restaurants in between these two jobs. Needless to say, if there's anything that gets me excited, it's planes, planes, planes. Got kaki here?

I wouldn't consider myself as a newbie photographer, but I'm no expert either. Played with my camera on and off through the years. Recently decided to go into it more seriously. Currently own a Canon EOS500 (that recently died) and an old manual Minolta X300. Planning to get a Canon 350D but no $$$ leh. Just booked an EOS88 from another CS'er cos I'm going on a holiday and need a Canon cam. Decided it was a good backup since I have 3 EF mount lens.

Hobbies includes (but are not limited to) photography (duh!), bowling, astronomy, aircraft spotting, reading, etc. If any of you have similar interests, that'll be great!

Sorry if I'm a little OT on a PhotoAid thread... still trying to catch the ball...

Ok, talk later!!
    Welcome! I guess most of us have not tried shooting planes yet, maybe you could help to spark an interest in us and help us to boarden our photography horizon.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Welcome Phillip!

I'm a 350D user, too. Not much an aviation person now a days, but was one when I was "younger" {ABS inside joke}. The Celestron 5, wow! Good scope, 6", right? That will give you enough light to see Saturn's rings if Singapore isn't so light polluted.

Anyway, there are a few rc modellers flying at Punggol Field every weekend. I think you can hear their engines ringing from your block.

Wah, cool! Immediate response!!

I don't have the equipment for AstroPhotog though. Five years ago, I would have been saving up for my Celestron 5, but now it's the Canon 350D. Wai, nice shot of M42! Nice astro forum too (Wah! Too many great forums to go to)

Air show? Of course I'm going! Every year go back and tease the friends in my squadron (ORD LOH!)

Forgot to mention I often spent my time "flying" on Flight Simulator...

BTW folks, if any of you are on MSN, you can add me at yoongkwong@hotmail.com. CS is very sloooow at times.

Can do. Will drop by later tonight. Just price check or buy if less than or equal to HK$200?

PS: Do you know if the TC-80N3 (timer remote) at S$175 is worth getting here?
    hi ykia
    I've make afew calls and Lords, MS, AP and AP-Funan all quoted below S$80/- , this is the one without LCD. With LCD CP: S$220 and MS:S$195. All of them no stock and agent also no stock. Not sure when stock is coming in.
    Your call man.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Aiya, I just ran the restaurants, not own them!

Anyway, I got the recipes for the food... if you or your other halves are good at cooking, I can pass you the recipes... secretly...
    Welcome, Phillip! Just join us for our next kopi session, lah!

Recipes?!?! I wan! I wan! Me not a good cook but I enjoy collecting recipes/cook books.

Yamlo
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by Racoon

Recipes?!?! I wan! I wan! Me not a good cook but I enjoy collecting recipes/cook books.
    HI! Welcome Phillip! I want recipes also... same as racoon, not a good cook but would love to collect recipes for all delicious foodsssssssssss....

Quote Originally Posted by Racoon

Sure, when's the next kopi session?

And which Swensen's recipe do you want? Also try out www.recipezaar.com - thousands of thousands of recipes there... my wife's on those forums a lot.

Ykia, you must have misread my post... I said that I would have been saving up for a C5 years ago and am now saving up for a 350D... So sadly, I don't have both items... yet.