Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice Needed: Recommendation for mirrorless camera

Default Re: Advice Needed: Recommendation for mirrorless camera

Olympus EM10...The camera got everything you need and more. Current offer from Olympus:

https://home.olympusimage.com.sg/ois...fc-d5_3303.pdf

Hihi, anyone knows the price for LX100 or GM1? I am considering getting EPL7, LX100 or the GM1. The thing is that LX100 and GM1 have LCD that are fixed, would there be another Panasonic model that does not have a fixed LCD for selfie purposes? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Hihi, anyone knows the price for LX100 or GM1? I am considering getting EPL7, LX100 or the GM1. The thing is that LX100 and GM1 have LCD that are fixed, would there be another Panasonic model that does not have a fixed LCD for selfie purposes? TIA
    For selfie purposes, I would recommend mobile phone. If must use interchangeable lens camera, you can look at Samsung NX mini, currently the NX mini is going off at a beautiful price. Or else, go with the EPL7, which is another beautiful camera. Of course Panasonic also have some vari-angle LCD camera... look to GF7.

http://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer...s/dmc-gf7.html
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

I think it was in another thread somewhere where one asked for selfie camera... One of the best recommended one is the mobile phone... Likely one will be using a recent model of mobile phones with 'deccent' front facing camera capabilities.

And since it's a phone, you can upload it almost instantly after taking the shot.

If you are really keen to get a compact for selfie, can also consider something like Canon Powershot N2 (http://www.canon.com.sg/personal/pro...t/powershot-n2)
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    For selfie purposes, I would recommend mobile phone. If must use interchangeable lens camera, you can look at Samsung NX mini, currently the NX mini is going off at a beautiful price. Or else, go with the EPL7, which is another beautiful camera. Of course Panasonic also have some vari-angle LCD camera... look to GF7.

http://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer...s/dmc-gf7.html
    thanks! it looks good but im torn between EPL7 or GF7 now haha. in your opinion, if i dont plan to buy additional lens for the time being, would the image stabilisation in GF7 lens be good enough for a normal portrait photos?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    I think it was in another thread somewhere where one asked for selfie camera... One of the best recommended one is the mobile phone... Likely one will be using a recent model of mobile phones with 'deccent' front facing camera capabilities.

And since it's a phone, you can upload it almost instantly after taking the shot.

If you are really keen to get a compact for selfie, can also consider something like Canon Powershot N2 (http://www.canon.com.sg/personal/pro...t/powershot-n2)
    thanks! i found the tread http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1490842

thanks! it looks good but im torn between EPL7 or GF7 now haha. in your opinion, if i dont plan to buy additional lens for the time being, would the image stabilisation in GF7 lens be good enough for a normal portrait photos?

thanks! i found the tread http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1490842
    I was referring to this one http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1510379
    That thread was quite limited to Gal Selfie..
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

For me... it will be enough... unless I am shooting at crazily low shutter speed... and don't ask me what that will be because different people has different treshold for low shutter speed...
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    For me... it will be enough... unless I am shooting at crazily low shutter speed... and don't ask me what that will be because different people has different treshold for low shutter speed...
    thanks for the help! Now to window shop and scout for the best package around.

hihi anyone able to advise which stalls in funan are reputable? so far i read its SLRR, TK or even MS Color that are more trustworthy.

hihi anyone able to advise which stalls in funan are reputable? so far i read its SLRR, TK or even MS Color that are more trustworthy.
    So long you did your homework (quotation), abt shops in the list of "recommended shops" also can. Just a matter of preference of which shop you like more (maybe the customer service or other factors)

Blog Entries

Going to reputable shops is one thing, due diligence is necessary as some items are priced with slight difference. Different shops have different considerations for profit margin, they aren't trying to overprice but naturally different shops will sell differently. So go to various shops, ask for their cash price, you can have a coffee at yakun and think over which shop to buy from

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    So long you did your homework (quotation), abt shops in the list of "recommended shops" also can. Just a matter of preference of which shop you like more (maybe the customer service or other factors)
    thx for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by nitewalk View Post
    Going to reputable shops is one thing, due diligence is necessary as some items are priced with slight difference. Different shops have different considerations for profit margin, they aren't trying to overprice but naturally different shops will sell differently. So go to various shops, ask for their cash price, you can have a coffee at yakun and think over which shop to buy from
    haha i like the part on yakun. this forum is really very helpful to newbies. kudos to all the moderators and forumers!

Actually, I believe I had posted this list on the first page of this thread.

Alan Photo, #02-07 Funan The IT Mall | 6883-0922 | alanfoto@singnet.com.sg
    Alan Photo, #01-38 Sim Lim Square | 6336-0922 | alanfoto@singnet.com.sg
    Cathay Photo, #01-11, 14 Peninsula Plaza (Main) | 6337-4274 | email@cathayphoto.com.sg
    Cathay Photo, Peninsula (Printer Section) | 6338-7783 | email@cathayphoto.com.sg
    Cathay Photo, Peninsula (Tripod Section) | 6338-0451 | email@cathayphoto.com.sg
    Cathay Photo, #02-215, Marina Square | 6339-6188 | email@cathayphoto.com.sg
    Iphoto (formally known as Lord's Camera) 304 Orchard Road, #01-79, Lucky Plaza, Singapore 238863 | 6235 4248 | 6235 4605 | iphoto78@yahoo.com.sg
    MS Color (Main), 711 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8, #01-3501C | 6457-6380 | sales@mscolor.com.sg
    MS Color (AMK Hub), 53 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 #02-24 | 6452-2828 | sales@mscolor.com.sg
    Orient Photo, #06-31 | 53 Sim Lim Square | 6339-1035 | sales@orientfoto.com.sg
    Parisilk (North), 7 Transit Road | 6452-1593
    Parisilk (Central), 15A Lorong Liput | 6466-6002
    Parisilk (East), Blk 214 #01-179 Bedok Central | 6441-6066
    SLR Revolution, #05-K7 Funan Digitalife Mall | 6336-8767 | slr.revo@gmail.com
    T.K. Foto Technic, #02-14 Funan Digitalife Mall | 6292-4533 www.tkfoto.com.sg

Do note that there might be some other newer stores around, because I have not update my list for ages now.

Anyway, do send them an email and request for

1) Price of the product you wanted to buy.
    2) Availability of the product.

Then print out the quotation that you find most okay and bring it down to the shop that give you that quotation to buy your product. Do also note that... buy only those thing that you have done your homework on, and not other stuff. Because once you go to the shop to buy your camera + lens, alot of saleperson will try to sell you filters (and lets face it... many will try to push up the price of the filters they sold you.)
    My lousy shots

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12