Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My Friend's Wedding - The correct settings?

Default Re: My Friend's Wedding - The correct settings?

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Not all shots has to be no camera shake...

Now my basics are shaken yet again...

Sorry if this is a really silly question catchlights: How did you blur the background, which is stationary, but keep focus on the moving subjects?

Quote Originally Posted by shinken

Sorry if this is a really silly question catchlights: How did you blur the background, which is stationary, but keep focus on the moving subjects?
    AI Servo? AI Focus mode?
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by shinken

It is the flash that freeze the subject.

You are shooting film or digital for this wedding?

If you are shooting digital, during daytime indoor is ISO 400 or higher, outside is ISO 200 or lower, when in doubt, shoot P mode and RAW.
    Always have extra flash batteries, camera batteries and CF cards with you. (in your pockets or whatever)

Hope this help.
    I was shooting using a digital camera. And I got the camera like few hours before the wedding!!!! My friend loaned me a 10D to me and I used it for both days.

Somehow I realised I couldn't really use 1/30 as the camera is very heavy. I need to get use to heavy cameras. Now thinking of buying either a 350D or 20D. I think the cost of the lenses will kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by _BEE_
    I was shooting using a digital camera. And I got the camera like few hours before the wedding!!!! My friend loaned me a 10D to me and I used it for both days.

Somehow I realised I couldn't really use 1/30 as the camera is very heavy. I need to get use to heavy cameras. Now thinking of buying either a 350D or 20D. I think the cost of the lenses will kill me.
    No, the cost of the lens willnot kill you....but the L-virus will slowly do so....haha....maybe you can get a 20D.....but mirror very noisy....the whole wedding hall also can hear you...

Wah! Very nice leh. I can never take this kinda good pictures. Mine was so normal and I was using 1/80 for the dinner. But I do not understand why my flash doesn't recycle fast enough. Flash did not work sometimes. And my friend is very sensitive to flash. So, many of her pictures are with her eyes closed. Luckily I was kaisu enough to take more than enough.

a pre welcome to the DSLR world. No matter wat sys u r using, u definitely wouldn't regret. The arsernal of lens can take time to build up... Just get the basic gear 1st. If you feel that 10D is heavy, then u shld get 350D with the grip. It is female-user friendly Of course, get yrself a flashgun too.

Quote Originally Posted by vbs1979
    a pre welcome to the DSLR world. No matter wat sys u r using, u definitely wouldn't regret. The arsernal of lens can take time to build up... Just get the basic gear 1st. If you feel that 10D is heavy, then u shld get 350D with the grip. It is female-user friendly Of course, get yrself a flashgun too.
    Regarding flash, I own a Metz 54 MZ 3. Will it be compatible with other Canons?

Quote Originally Posted by jimtong
    It is the flash that freeze the subject.
    That's right.

shinken,
    _BEE_,
    I deliberately set to slow speed and move the camera while I making this shot.

Virgo,
    Nothing so special, just too bore, wanted to do something differently.

Quote Originally Posted by _BEE_
    Wah! Very nice leh. I can never take this kinda good pictures. Mine was so normal and I was using 1/80 for the dinner. But I do not understand why my flash doesn't recycle fast enough. Flash did not work sometimes. And my friend is very sensitive to flash. So, many of her pictures are with her eyes closed. Luckily I was kaisu enough to take more than enough.
    Flash not recycles fast enough:
    Check aperture and working distant, aperture too small and distant too far, flash is fired at full power so takes time for recycle.
    Check batteries, maybe all or one batteries is weak.

Flash not fire:
    Check flash ready light.
    Check flash and hotshoe contacts, may need to clean.

A scary picture from the same dinner event. Available light with handheld.

Thanks catchlights. I was guess you can be moving the camera, just wasn't sure

Flash not recycles fast enough:
    Check aperture and working distant, aperture too small and distant too far, flash is fired at full power so takes time for recycle.
    Check batteries, maybe all or one batteries is weak.

Flash not fire:
    Check flash ready light.
    Check flash and hotshoe contacts, may need to clean.

A scary picture from the same dinner event. Available light with handheld.

This shoot is panning right (moving with the subject, dont know how to spell the word)

Another thing i jus found out is shooting in RAW its wonderfull, jus knew it after 2 mth of of testing on my D50. But it kill my memory card very fast.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345