Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: can someone explain this to me?

  1. #1

    Question can someone explain this to me?

    "allows a maximum exposure of 4 seconds in manual exposure mode, this can be extended to up to 60 seconds in Bulb mode"

    what does the bulb mode mean??

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    In Bulb Mode, a light bulb will light up when you press the shutter release. Then you can see what you are doing.



    Ok, jokes aside, bulb mode is a mode where the shutter will open when you press the shutter release, and close when you release it. So it allows for very long exposures, in your e.g, 60s maximum. In SLRs, bulb mode allows for unlimited exposure time as long as the battery can support, or for the case of mechanical SLRs, it's really unlimited length.

    Hope this helps.

    Regards
    CK

  3. #3

    Default

    Originally posted by ckiang
    In Bulb Mode, a light bulb will light up when you press the shutter release. Then you can see what you are doing.



    Ok, jokes aside, bulb mode is a mode where the shutter will open when you press the shutter release, and close when you release it. So it allows for very long exposures, in your e.g, 60s maximum. In SLRs, bulb mode allows for unlimited exposure time as long as the battery can support, or for the case of mechanical SLRs, it's really unlimited length.

    Hope this helps.

    Regards
    CK
    oh ok! thanks! I thought must by a bulb to have the bulb function. ehehhe

    btw, is 4s enough for nite shot?? I presume u dun need that much for day shot.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by dinomax


    oh ok! thanks! I thought must by a bulb to have the bulb function. ehehhe

    btw, is 4s enough for nite shot?? I presume u dun need that much for day shot.
    Depends on a lot of things - the brightness of the scene you are shooting, the aperture you are using, the film speed you are using, the mood you are after, etc.

    Regards
    CK

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Zimbabwe
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    For the first night scene I took, I set to f11 and opened the shutter for 3 minutes using a 400 speed film, and prayed... hahaha! Turned out a little over-exposed... Is it possible to do the same with a digital camera? I dunno how digital will react with prolonged exposure...

    http://www.pbase.com/image/5665108
    Last edited by Gunjack; 16th October 2002 at 11:31 PM.

  6. #6

    Default

    Originally posted by Gunjack
    For the first night scene I took, I set to f11 and opened the shutter for 3 minutes using a 400 speed film, and prayed... hahaha! Turned out a little over-exposed... can u do the same with a digital camera?

    http://www.pbase.com/image/5665108

    hahah! looks great as a B/W. ehehe

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •