Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slik and Manfrotto

Default Re: Slik and Manfrotto

Quote Originally Posted by WKK
    Thanks Ah Pao , I thought the Manfrotto 190Pro is a quick-release leg type too ? I am contemplating on which type of head to get - Ball or Pan.
    Ahhh...me bad! Yah, just did a quick check and realised that the Manfrotto 190Pro also uses quick-release legs. It's the Gitzos that uses screw-legs.

get the manfrotto 190, with screw head.

had been serving me well..

Quote Originally Posted by A-Von
    get the manfrotto 190, with screw head.

had been serving me well..
    Hi A-von,

With a screw head, does that mean you attached the camera to the column direct by screwing it in ? Thanks for the suggestion on Manfrotto 190.

Great pics you have on your website...

Go down to CP and try the gitzo, feel the difference!!
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

i think if you want quick and gd... quick release plates for the head and snap-lock/QR legs are essential... i travel a lot with a small velbon i347 which has a 3way pan head, QR legs... very convenient( thing is can't support larger lenses...) ... but this time round brought my Slik 300DX to HK (coz bought a 80-200AFS for my D70) .. woah... the individual twist and release legs... world of difference... so I recomment QR for travelling... easier to setup/keep...

Hi A-von,

With a screw head, does that mean you attached the camera to the column direct by screwing it in ? Thanks for the suggestion on Manfrotto 190.

Great pics you have on your website...
    thanks WKK, shall be ball head not screw head..

actually the head you choose is subjective..

some doesn't like ball head coz they feel they can't do panning shots upon release (not really actually), while some preferes the ball head as it provides more mobilty and free movement (also not really)

Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    Go down to CP and try the gitzo, feel the difference!!
    Hi Icarus,

Thanks for the recommendation, Gitzo to me is like a Ferrari, cannot really afford lor. Can only get range like Slik and Manfrottos which is like Toyota lor.

Anyway, correct me if I am wrong. Gitzo price is near to what I can get for a Manfrottos 190 Pro or a Slik Sprints / Sprints Pro or Slik 330.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Von
    thanks WKK, shall be ball head not screw head..

actually the head you choose is subjective..

some doesn't like ball head coz they feel they can't do panning shots upon release (not really actually), while some preferes the ball head as it provides more mobilty and free movement (also not really)
    Ok, Thanks A-von, understood by Ball head... whew ! I guess I might need to compare between the pros and cons of a Pan head and Ball head liao... cos both are (not really actually) subject to individual preference I guess...

Anyway, thanks for the comments..

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Can bring a ladder.

wah u so bad....mite as well say hire a crane lo

Quote Originally Posted by kijer

Ha.. ya... , I was tempted to tell him that I will be practising using Bamboo slit ... you know the kind of stick which you can stand on... ?? Crane too expensive ....

Ha.. ya... , I was tempted to tell him that I will be practising using Bamboo slit ... you know the kind of stick which you can stand on... ?? Crane too expensive ....
    i always look for lamppost or dustbin to lean on lo. so dun use tripod.

i always look for lamppost or dustbin to lean on lo. so dun use tripod.
    Well, I am not sure if I can find a lampost or Dustbin when I want to shoot anyway... thanks for the contribution... Worth thinking about it...

haha u r welcome. it can help save the $$$ for batts and CF.
    aniwae my mentor always tell me dun waste $$$ buy things dat onli use once or twice... so i sharing dat lo.

haha u r welcome. it can help save the $$$ for batts and CF.
    aniwae my mentor always tell me dun waste $$$ buy things dat onli use once or twice... so i sharing dat lo.
    Yep, agree with your mentor.. dun waste $$$ on 1 time use only. That's why I am looking at buying a good tripod which is like a long term investment... of course $200 buck seem too little for long term, but I know what I will shoot in future & try to cater one when I buy a big lens in future...

Manfrotto 190Pro seem a good choice for me...
    Gitzo is too expensive for me...
    Slik look ok, but I really have to see what other range they have to beat 190Pro.

Not so bad lah.
    If u go guided tour before, u will notice that the tour guide sometimes has no seat on the coach, and she will sit on a small stool or ladder-lookalike thing. I sometimes really wanted to borrow that "thing" for my scenery shoot, just that little taller will do...

Thanks to all who comment to this post for Slik and Manfrotto. Finally I got what I want at CP and selected a Slik Tripod with a Manfrotto Ball head.

Thanks to all and a Happy Mid-autumn festival.

Thanks to all who comment to this post for Slik and Manfrotto. Finally I got what I want at CP and selected a Slik Tripod with a Manfrotto Ball head.

Thanks to all and a Happy Mid-autumn festival.
    Hi.

Can share why you are not choose "190PRO and 484RC2",

And Slik Tripod with a Manfrotto Ball head...may i know the model and price...I also wanna get one set for myself..

thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12