Thread: LR5.7 update notice

Default LR5.7 update notice

Hi guys

i like to know if this update prompt is a payable version?

i am on v5.7 LR now and when i click on download, it brings me to an intro page and then i do not see a download link to update except options with price...

hope to get your advise.

Thanks!

Default Re: LR5.7 update notice

Yeah, I too found the 'update' prompt misleading. I'm on v5.7.1 (perpetual).

As the new version of LR is available as Lightroom 6 (perpetual license) or Lightroom CC 2015 (subscription), my current understanding is that the 'Update' prompt is probably only true for LR CC 2014 subscribers.

For standalone LR users, moving to a new number version (v5 to v6, as opposed to v5.7.1 to v5.8) is usually considered an 'upgrade' and will need to be purchased. They should have a different version of the prompt with a 'Purchase Upgrade' button. What they're doing seems like they are hard-selling CC to those on perpetual licenses.

Adobe has done a very good job at hiding the link to purchase the standalone/upgrade version of the new Lightroom 6.

Read more on PhotoRumors.com: http://photorumors.com/2015/04/21/he...e-lightroom-6/
    Last edited by kandinsky; 26th April 2015 at 07:30 PM.

Thanks bro, yes i believe you are correct about the "force"... hmmmm in this case, i will just stay on 5.7 for now then.

I am too confused by the update prompt. I cant any version to update from 5.7.1. Guess they want us to pay USD 79 to upgrade.

When I tried to buy the upgrade to LR6, it says my account is not registered in the proper country and refuses to transact. Funny thing is I could buy the upgrade from LR4 to 5 the last time.

I'm already on creative cloud, save all the hassle keep upgrading the software that I use.

isn't it the creative cloud for photographers promotion still on? for US$10 per month, you get to have photoshop CC and lightroom CC, it work out almost the same cost then getting the box version for both.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

https://creative.adobe.com/plans?promoid=KSDPY

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    I'm already on creative cloud, save all the hassle keep upgrading the software that I use.

isn't it the creative cloud for photographers promotion still on? for US$10 per month, you get to have photoshop CC and lightroom CC, it work out almost the same cost then getting the box version for both.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post

Bro

I have this concern that if I sign on this I will be perpetually stuck to LR. Maybe its not valid due to my ignorance.

Let me explore this option.

Thx

Renewal
    The price is valid for a full 12 months. After that, we'll renew your contract automatically unless you cancel. The price is subject to change, but we will always notify you beforehand.

Cancellation
    We'd hate to see you go, but if you cancel within the first 30 days, we'll give you a full refund. Otherwise, you'll be billed 50% of your remaining contract obligation. If you ever need to cancel, just contact Customer Support.
    https://www.adobe.com/misc/subscription_terms.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzyd View Post
    Bro

I have this concern that if I sign on this I will be perpetually stuck to LR. Maybe its not valid due to my ignorance.

Thx
    Last edited by Errz; 29th April 2015 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzyd View Post
    Bro

Thx
    if you can fully utilise the functions of lightroom, I think you will be very happy to stuck with it.

go and check out those advance lightroom tutorials you can find from the web.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Daoyin View Post
    When I tried to buy the upgrade to LR6, it says my account is not registered in the proper country and refuses to transact. Funny thing is I could buy the upgrade from LR4 to 5 the last time.
    Update: I managed to upgrade by going to the Adobe Shop web site to purchase. It is S$104.33.

Quote Originally Posted by Daoyin View Post
    Update: I managed to upgrade by going to the Adobe Shop web site to purchase. It is S$104.33.
    Hi, just to clarify you have upgarded from Lightroom 5 to lightroom 6?
    Canon EOS 5DMKIII & EOS 6D, LEICA C
    EF50mm F1.2L/ 24-105mm f4L/EF17-40mm F4L

Quote Originally Posted by lchoong78 View Post
    Hi, just to clarify you have upgarded from Lightroom 5 to lightroom 6?
    That is correct.