Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Taking photo of CEOs

Default Re: Taking photo of CEOs

Quote Originally Posted by heroneo99
    hmm.. maybe i should explian more clearly,

we were actually collecting photos from the different companies, but as u know, some gives good quality ones, some gave passport type and in very low ressolution.. . and we have to keep chasing for better photos from these ppl, therefore we suggested we can go down and take a photo of the CEO ourselves instead of waiting for them.

(we still accept the photos provided by them as long as they look decent and are of high resolutions)

So this is actually not a annual report type of project, but i still hope to do the best i could if possible..

thanks !

Actually I think those companies should hire their own pros to take shots of their CEOs. How can company have lo res images of their own CEOs? You should either insist that they hire pros to get some decent shots or you charge them for the pros to go and take the shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    if you insist on shooting, think will be better for you to get a P&S and shoot in auto mode...at least the tolerant for error is higher and you can blame the camera if your pic dun turn out well

Hahaha.... I was going to say the same thing. With DSLR, they expect pro standard, but with P&S, you can get away with lousy pic. BTW, try to use your company's camera, b'cos other things to consider is insurance issue. What if your personal camera is damaged during the job? who is responsible for the repair fees?

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh
    Actually I think those companies should hire their own pros to take shots of their CEOs. How can company have lo res images of their own CEOs? You should either insist that they hire pros to get some decent shots or you charge them for the pros to go and take the shots.
    It depends a lot on type or class of the CEOs. Many CEOs i know, especially those who are self-made, even where their companies are big are just like ordinary ppl we meet at hawker cnetres, etc... They wear big time only when they are going to collect a award or hosting a dinner. Look thru their photo albums and you will be surprised. Show them a sharp picture and they will praise your photographic skills or worse still "what type of camera you use.... so sharp"..
    I think a P & S cam will be a really smart choice to use.
    But if you have to use your DSLR then a flash is mandatory.
    always the Light, .... always.

Hi all.. need some advise here..
    seen some of your shots from your link at the signature...

don't worry, just shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    It depends a lot on type or class of the CEOs. Many CEOs i know, especially those who are self-made, even where their companies are big are just like ordinary ppl we meet at hawker cnetres, etc... They wear big time only when they are going to collect a award or hosting a dinner. Look thru their photo albums and you will be surprised. Show them a sharp picture and they will praise your photographic skills or worse still "what type of camera you use.... so sharp"..
    I think a P & S cam will be a really smart choice to use.
    But if you have to use your DSLR then a flash is mandatory.
    I beg to differ, it does not matter how big time or small time the CEO is, a CEO is still a CEO, due respect have to be given to them. What is important is how do you want others to percive you or your company to be? Use a P&S and people will not give you the due respect, not just to you but even to the shoot. They'll take it lightly or some may even feel offtened that you are not giving them due respect as the CEO. You'll never know how the CEO will react till you get a respond from them. Even than some will just keep their unhappyness to themselves but the damage to you or your company will have been done.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I can provide you with very large sized images if you hire me... And you won't have to keep chasing me. How's that?

Thanks lots for your advise !
    bro...e main use of my cameras are for my design project.but recently one of the design house director ask me to shoot him for their company brochure....i only used natural light, camera d70 plus 50mm 1.4 and 85 mm 1.8.eventually i ended up shooting all the directors around the asian region branches and all the staff.kekeke...ill suggest u practice..im not pro,but been joining fotoshoot here at cs.

Quote Originally Posted by glensky
    bro...e main use of my cameras are for my design project.
    Bro, knowing u, I would not believe this statement

if u don't intend to buy flash with ur money,
    go with window lights.
    its like wall bounce/single side strobe effect
    and its very pleasing plus its FREE!!!

but of cos u need a window and bright daylight.

jude

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Bro, knowing u, I would not believe this statement
    kekekeke...shhhh bro astin,spare us a bit of ur time to shoot w ur models
    Last edited by glensky; 16th September 2005 at 07:03 PM.

watch the timing of the day when the light from ya ceo's window is condusive for shooting....

and i tink more importantly its to portray a certain kind of feeling about the ceo rather than wahh wat lens to use what light to use...

just have a picture in ya mind and go about recreating the effect....

juz my 2 cts...

cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by rncw
    seen some of your shots from your link at the signature...

don't worry, just shoot.
    THANK u.. very encouraging for me.. though i know i still bery lousy.. ha..

and also thank the rest who commented or advised or gave tips or experiences. I will do lots of pract where possible in my own company first also..

Anyway, jus bought a SB600 yesterday... heart pain but of course it is worth it.. hee

will be reading thru the menu later and tommorw... phew..

kam sia all again for all yr advises .....

Quote Originally Posted by glensky
    bro...e main use of my cameras are for my design project.but recently one of the design house director ask me to shoot him for their company brochure....i only used natural light, camera d70 plus 50mm 1.4 and 85 mm 1.8.eventually i ended up shooting all the directors around the asian region branches and all the staff.kekeke...ill suggest u practice..im not pro,but been joining fotoshoot here at cs.
    As much as you have been shooting, you are not a rank amateur, and beside you are already part of the industry. You really can't use yourself as an example, right?

Our newbie friend heroneo99 here will think that by practicing on a few friends and families, a portrait photogrpaher will be made. What hogwash.

I will never understand why people do things like this.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Hi all.. need some advise here..
    Don't worry, "CEO" is just a name,he is also human Go ahead and do the shooting.You are in "Command",how you want to shoot him,CEO will follow all your instructions.You will have nice shots for your portfolio.

Two pics I took two years back:

Obviously I have to hide their faces but catch light can be seen in the eyes of the originals.

1 flash, indoors, Fuji S602z, Photoshop.

Remember to bring a samsung camcorder also to shoot all these CEOs. U'll get promoted very fast (according to the samsung adverts at least).
    Last edited by clicknick; 21st September 2005 at 04:28 PM.

Talking Re: Taking photo of CEOs

Hi friend, have some ideas on mind how you want to pose the Ceo, use your
    sb600 flash remember to bounce it to the celling set flash to plus 2/3. For the D70 set the asa to 200
    for outdoor and asa 400 for indoor, its alway best to go early to look at the location
    if you can. Shoot our door with building as background or some colour wall backgroud
    to get better photo.Try not to shoot in the office or the Ceo room as most of the
    office is very plain and you get the boring setting shoot. Try talking to the Ceo most are very friendly and ask him or her to smile. Shoot more and have different pose and good luck to you.

will your ceo have any grudge on you when their expectations n your results dun match ?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    Our newbie friend heroneo99 here will think that by practicing on a few friends and families, a portrait photogrpaher will be made. What hogwash.

I will never understand why people do things like this.
    hmm.. meaning I can be a portrait photographer by sitting in my room and not doing anything?

I believe i can learn from my mistakes.

Maybe you can share more on how one becomes a portrait photographer then.. I am sure he starts somewhere also.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansel baby
    Hi friend, have some ideas on mind how you want to pose the Ceo, use your
    sb600 flash remember to bounce it to the celling set flash to plus 2/3. For the D70 set the asa to 200
    for outdoor and asa 400 for indoor, its alway best to go early to look at the location
    if you can. Shoot our door with building as background or some colour wall backgroud
    to get better photo.Try not to shoot in the office or the Ceo room as most of the
    office is very plain and you get the boring setting shoot. Try talking to the Ceo most are very friendly and ask him or her to smile. Shoot more and have different pose and good luck to you.
    Thanks! Actually I have went for the shoot already. I was quite nervous throughout, but the CEO was very friendly. (luckily)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast