Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48

Thread: Bangkok recommendation

  1. #21
    Senior Member Zeckson Chow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Currently in Singapore
    Posts
    6,238

    Default Re: Bangkok recommendation

    Hello Soma,

    Yes, I am living in Thailand currently. For work purposes. Maybe when you are here, we can meet up for see what and where we can go for shoot.
    Speaking of ART is USELESS if one cannot FEEL anything.
    My Photo Albums

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: Bangkok recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeckson Chow
    Hello Soma,

    Yes, I am living in Thailand currently. For work purposes. Maybe when you are here, we can meet up for see what and where we can go for shoot.
    Sure, why not. Can PM me your contact there so when i reach there(not so soon yet) i give you a call.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Zeckson Chow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Currently in Singapore
    Posts
    6,238

    Default Re: Bangkok recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by soma
    Sure, why not. Can PM me your contact there so when i reach there(not so soon yet) i give you a call.
    I just PMed you my details.
    Speaking of ART is USELESS if one cannot FEEL anything.
    My Photo Albums

  4. #24

    Default Re: Bangkok recommendation

    paisay to hijack the thread.

    But how is BKK's weather now?
    is it "safe" to visit?
    is it flooding? do we need to bring raincoat for us and our babies?

    help?

  5. #25
    Senior Member Zeckson Chow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Currently in Singapore
    Posts
    6,238

    Default Re: Bangkok recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    paisay to hijack the thread.

    But how is BKK's weather now?
    is it "safe" to visit?
    is it flooding? do we need to bring raincoat for us and our babies?

    help?
    Bangkok is now in the rainy season. It rains almost every other day but I can't tell you the weather pattern. Sometimes the rain come in the morning, sometimes in the middle of the night and last the whole day. When there is heavy downpour, there will be flood in some areas of Bangkok.

    Whether is it "safe" or not, it very much depend on where you go and how many people are going. If you decide to bring only just your wife/husband and your child, just avoid the alleys is possible. Please keep all your wallets in your pocket tight and don't bring too much cash out. Avoid bringing credit cards and ATM cards. Just some small cash. Withdraw them before you go out to venture.

    Good luck.
    Speaking of ART is USELESS if one cannot FEEL anything.
    My Photo Albums

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Bangkok recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeckson Chow
    Bangkok is now in the rainy season. It rains almost every other day but I can't tell you the weather pattern. Sometimes the rain come in the morning, sometimes in the middle of the night and last the whole day. When there is heavy downpour, there will be flood in some areas of Bangkok.

    Whether is it "safe" or not, it very much depend on where you go and how many people are going. If you decide to bring only just your wife/husband and your child, just avoid the alleys is possible. Please keep all your wallets in your pocket tight and don't bring too much cash out. Avoid bringing credit cards and ATM cards. Just some small cash. Withdraw them before you go out to venture.

    Good luck.
    wat if i decide to bring only my camera? den i forget to bring my wallet...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Zeckson Chow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Currently in Singapore
    Posts
    6,238

    Default Re: Bangkok recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    wat if i decide to bring only my camera? den i forget to bring my wallet...
    Ha ha ha ha... Then start looking for a pawn shop lor...
    Speaking of ART is USELESS if one cannot FEEL anything.
    My Photo Albums

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: Bangkok recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeckson Chow
    Ha ha ha ha... Then start looking for a pawn shop lor...
    Don't tell me you know which can get the highest rate.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Zeckson Chow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Currently in Singapore
    Posts
    6,238

    Default Re: Bangkok recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by soma
    Don't tell me you know which can get the highest rate.
    No lah. I don't know. I am still new here...
    Speaking of ART is USELESS if one cannot FEEL anything.
    My Photo Albums

  10. #30

    Default Re: Bangkok recommendation

    Rainy days? so basically we should just bring shorts and T-shirts?

    i meant safe in terms of should we bring raincoats for our babies (cameras).

    flooding? errrr kneecaps kind of flooding or over the roof kind of flooding?

  11. #31
    Senior Member Zeckson Chow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Currently in Singapore
    Posts
    6,238

    Default Re: Bangkok recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    Rainy days? so basically we should just bring shorts and T-shirts?

    i meant safe in terms of should we bring raincoats for our babies (cameras).

    flooding? errrr kneecaps kind of flooding or over the roof kind of flooding?
    Ah... Now I get your meaning... Hee hee hee...

    As tourists, bring lots of bermudas and polos. T-Shirts for sleeping. Scandals. A pair of jeans and a short sleeve shirt will allow you to visit many other places that has a demand for dress code. And of course, raincoats for your "babies"... Flood is only just slightly over the foot lah. Don't expect another Tsunami kind hor... Ha ha ha ha.
    Speaking of ART is USELESS if one cannot FEEL anything.
    My Photo Albums

  12. #32

    Default Re: Bangkok recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeckson Chow
    Ah... Now I get your meaning... Hee hee hee...

    As tourists, bring lots of bermudas and polos. T-Shirts for sleeping. Scandals. A pair of jeans and a short sleeve shirt will allow you to visit many other places that has a demand for dress code. And of course, raincoats for your "babies"... Flood is only just slightly over the foot lah. Don't expect another Tsunami kind hor... Ha ha ha ha.
    okie bermudas and T-shirts why polos? can't we wear round collar t-shirts? is there a dress code?

    oh those kind of floodings... okie

    thank you, i know what i want to pack now.
    BTW where are good shopping places?

  13. #33
    Senior Member Zeckson Chow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Currently in Singapore
    Posts
    6,238

    Default Re: Bangkok recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    okie bermudas and T-shirts why polos? can't we wear round collar t-shirts? is there a dress code?

    oh those kind of floodings... okie

    thank you, i know what i want to pack now.
    BTW where are good shopping places?
    That is because some restaurants, pubs or clubs may not allow you to go in with T-Shirts. Polos are good because they are light casual wears that is acceptable in almost anywhere, except for those high class places where there is a dress code.

    Shopping? There are plenty. Here are just a few:

    1. Chatuchak Weekend Market
    2. Silom Night Bazaar
    3. Siam Square
    4. MBK
    5. Central Grand Plaza
    6. Pantip Plaza (IT - It's bigger than Sim Lim Square!)
    7. Fortune Town Arcade (IT)

    And lots more. Just walk along the streets. There are plenty.
    Speaking of ART is USELESS if one cannot FEEL anything.
    My Photo Albums

  14. #34

    Default Re: Bangkok recommendation

    hey Zeckson, do you have good resturants to recommend, like Japanese or some good thai resturants?


  15. #35

    Default Re: Bangkok recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeckson Chow
    Avoid bringing credit cards and ATM cards. Just some small cash. Withdraw them before you go out to venture.
    May I know why avoid bringing credit cards ? Is it because shops in BKK do not accept them ? Thank you.

  16. #36
    Senior Member Zeckson Chow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Currently in Singapore
    Posts
    6,238

    Default Re: Bangkok recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    hey Zeckson, do you have good resturants to recommend, like Japanese or some good thai resturants?

    Not too sure about good Thai restaurants but I can give you 3 of my favourite Japanese Restaurants here in Bangkok:

    1) Zen
    2) Fuji
    3) Not too sure on the name but it is located in MBK at 7th Storey. A lot of people queue there.
    Speaking of ART is USELESS if one cannot FEEL anything.
    My Photo Albums

  17. #37
    Senior Member Zeckson Chow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Currently in Singapore
    Posts
    6,238

    Default Re: Bangkok recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by lui002
    May I know why avoid bringing credit cards ? Is it because shops in BKK do not accept them ? Thank you.
    No, of course the shops do accept them. What I was referring to was that one fine evening you were walking along the alley and someone pointed a knife at you and force you to the ATMs to withdraw using your credit card... Well...
    Speaking of ART is USELESS if one cannot FEEL anything.
    My Photo Albums

  18. #38

    Default Re: Bangkok recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeckson Chow
    Not too sure about good Thai restaurants but I can give you 3 of my favourite Japanese Restaurants here in Bangkok:

    1) Zen
    2) Fuji
    3) Not too sure on the name but it is located in MBK at 7th Storey. A lot of people queue there.
    err a location would be a good idea. thanks

  19. #39
    Senior Member Zeckson Chow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Currently in Singapore
    Posts
    6,238

    Default Re: Bangkok recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    err a location would be a good idea. thanks
    Hmm... There are many branches... But the ones that I like are:

    Zen - All Seasons Place. Take BTS to Phloenchit Station, then change to motorbike taxi.
    Fuji - MBK 7th floor or RCA. Don't worry about it, it is extremely popular here in Bangkok.
    Speaking of ART is USELESS if one cannot FEEL anything.
    My Photo Albums

  20. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    398

    Default Re: Bangkok recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeckson Chow
    Hmm... There are many branches... But the ones that I like are:

    Zen - All Seasons Place. Take BTS to Phloenchit Station, then change to motorbike taxi.
    Fuji - MBK 7th floor or RCA. Don't worry about it, it is extremely popular here in Bangkok.
    hey,, will be there tmr..
    my 1st time there..
    might need your help.. care to pm me your contact... thx!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •