Thread: Good third party batteries

Default Good third party batteries

Just wondering, which brand is a good third party battery? I see that there is Chromage, divipower, steinzeiser?, ilion, etc. I did try to search online but they were all US brand and not very applicable

Most of them have better capacity, up to 2.5x of original. Does anyone have any experience of using third party batteries?
    If so, which do you recommend in terms of usage time and life span

Do lead me to another post if this question has been posted before, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardna View Post
    Just wondering, which brand is a good third party battery? I see that there is Chromage, divipower, steinzeiser?, ilion, etc. I did try to search online but they were all US brand and not very applicable

Most of them have better capacity, up to 2.5x of original. Does anyone have any experience of using third party batteries?
    If so, which do you recommend in terms of usage time and life span

Do lead me to another post if this question has been posted before, thanks
    My experience with 3rd party battery wasn't a pleasant one after the first year (with issues like huge drop in capacity and battery not holding charge). Since then, I've only buy original ones.

Thou some people have very different experience from mine. So, I guess it boils down to luck.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Pisen worked good for me

Do not trust labels claiming 2.5 times capacity. If this were real, why would the camera manufacturer use lower capacity types?
    The ones I have do the same job as the original batteries. No big difference. If the shop gives me 1 year warranty (with receipt) then I think it can't be the last crap.
    EOS

Blog Entries

Default Re: Good third party batteries

I used to use 3rd party batteries. Now I just buy originals. The price difference is not that great compared to what you already paid for the camera and lenses. And you are really going to buy one or two more extra batteries for the lifetime of your camera.

I used to use 3rd party batteries thinking that the price are low and equal in performance. After using so many different cameras and brands, I just find that 3 rd party batteries are usually 50% equal in charge and not worth the trouble. Haha.
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.