Thread: Cable modem users!

Default Cable modem users!

http://www.cablemodemhack.com/

tell me ur thoughts on this!

Default Re: Cable modem users!

Originally posted by eadwine
    http://www.cablemodemhack.com/

tell me ur thoughts on this!

Be careful here. Uncapping a cable modem to get better bandwidth is illegal. The service provider can detect the change in configuration and so can take legal action against you.

Check this out.
    All photographs are there to remind us of what we forget.

I already got busted once by SCV for letting users download movies off my computer. dont pray pray. big brother is watching.

The article that fusetrips referred to is NOT to be taken lightly.

Uncapping is a well known hack, which means that cable providers are wise to it. And is easily traceable.

Read and learn about the hack for educational purposes, and don't try this at home

It's tracable.. My friend did it before and get caught by mr SCV.

It seems that this technique is being stopped by SCV after they employed a new encryption system.
    Canon Lover :)

Originally posted by maddog
    I already got busted once by SCV for letting users download movies off my computer. dont pray pray. big brother is watching.
    so what did they do to you??

hehe dun play play... they had revamped the remote network monitoring to per node liao.... it's used to mainly monitor traffic load, but detecting your modded config is chicken feed.
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Originally posted by zapline

so what did they do to you??
    This movie watchdog that watches over titles like resident evil detected that my account on kazaa was responsible for making available the movies for download. So they traced my kazaa account to my IP address and reported it to SCV. SCV sent me a warning letter not to do it or they will take away my cable. So now I limit uploads to 1 and move away the downloads to another folder when they are done.

... So now I limit uploads to 1 and move away the downloads to another folder when they are done.
    How does doing that avoid their detection?

This movie watchdog that watches over titles like resident evil detected that my account on kazaa was responsible for making available the movies for download. So they traced my kazaa account to my IP address and reported it to SCV. SCV sent me a warning letter not to do it or they will take away my cable. So now I limit uploads to 1 and move away the downloads to another folder when they are done.

hey maddog, thanks for your real life experience.

downloading K19 now.. need to move it ASAP when its downloaded. heheh.. beat the system.