Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46

Thread: So SMRT wants to be telco now.....

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post

    Those who take part in a mass protest will be arrested.

    A group of people walking together will constitute illegal assembly.

    See you in the jail. We may form a photography club in the cell.
    We're not protesting about anything.. just excercising our options as usual ^^

  2. #22
    Member Bukitimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,261

    Default Re: So SMRT wants to be telco now.....

    If you not good in what you are doing, you need to change job lor.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: So SMRT wants to be telco now.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    If you not good in what you are doing, you need to change job lor.
    In public transport you are transporting people on wheels.

    In telco you are transporting people in cyberspace.

    Same thing.

  4. #24

    Default Re: So SMRT wants to be telco now.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    If they can provide cabs for commuters as alternative means of transportation then why not?....... I guess easier to call them and inform when the MRT breaks down.
    Yeah, until you realise your phone network also broke down

  5. #25
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: So SMRT wants to be telco now.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    In public transport you are transporting people on wheels.

    In telco you are transporting people in cyberspace.

    Same thing.
    Be a strong advocate to your boss and company by championing the idea of working from home then. fast internet keeps everyone connected at the speed of light and you also reduce your transport cost and the workload on the rail system.

    When life throws you lemons, make lemonade.

    I think you have a higher percentage of success to make that change then to take on the big boys corporation or worst a large chunk call the govt screaming for change.
    Last edited by sammy888; 17th April 2015 at 04:24 AM.
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

  6. #26
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: So SMRT wants to be telco now.....

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSeth View Post
    Unfortunately nothing much can be done..

    If not happy, can try to arrange a mass boycott - everyone take private transport for one full day - motorcycle, car, bike, walk, scooter, etc..
    And you think they care? die die still have to come back the next day... monopoly... ok... oligopoly...

  7. #27

    Default Re: So SMRT wants to be telco now.....

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    And you think they care? die die still have to come back the next day... monopoly... ok... oligopoly...
    Naah they won't, but it will be a funny consolation to see their fare income graph drops to 0 in a day hehehe. Not to mention that -in case of bicycle- it'll be a healthy choice for everyone

  8. #28
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: So SMRT wants to be telco now.....

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSeth View Post
    Naah they won't, but it will be a funny consolation to see their fare income graph drops to 0 in a day hehehe. Not to mention that -in case of bicycle- it'll be a healthy choice for everyone
    Welcome to Lion City.


  9. #29
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,544

    Default Re: So SMRT wants to be telco now.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Welcome to Lion City.
    Looks like my kind of place sort of...

    What happens if they sell the trains?



    Last edited by Nikonzen; 17th April 2015 at 10:37 AM.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  10. #30
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,390

    Default Re: So SMRT wants to be telco now.....

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSeth View Post
    Not to mention that -in case of bicycle- it'll be a healthy choice for everyone
    That one I'm not so sure about. Many people haven't used a bicycle for ages, walked no more than 100m to their cars. Putting them on bicycle might bring them to hospitals on a fast track (if the paramedics don't gets tuck in traffic jams or blocked by blind car users). Currently SG hospitals are not known for running out of patients... Recently two friends of mind with fractures got send home, waiting a few days for appointments in surgery.
    EOS

  11. #31
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: So SMRT wants to be telco now.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    That one I'm not so sure about. Many people haven't used a bicycle for ages, walked no more than 100m to their cars. Putting them on bicycle might bring them to hospitals on a fast track (if the paramedics don't gets tuck in traffic jams or blocked by blind car users). Currently SG hospitals are not known for running out of patients... Recently two friends of mind with fractures got send home, waiting a few days for appointments in surgery.
    Cycling in Singapore can be accident prone because of this?


  12. #32
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: So SMRT wants to be telco now.....

    Someone taking too much little diamond shape blue pills again... eh Sion? heheh
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: So SMRT wants to be telco now.....

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Someone taking too much little diamond shape blue pills again... eh Sion? heheh
    You need blue pills just to cycle?
    Last edited by Sion; 17th April 2015 at 08:54 PM.

  14. #34
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Train network, 3/4G network - all network. With all their experience running networks, they should have no problem - screwing up another network. Plus they probably expecting government subsidies.

  15. #35
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,544

    Default Re: So SMRT wants to be telco now.....

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Train network, 3/4G network - all network. With all their experience running networks, they should have no problem - screwing up another network. Plus they probably expecting government subsidies.
    No one able to get anywhere, able to call anyone, or know what time it is. Now they are to big to fail!
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  16. #36

    Default Re: So SMRT wants to be telco now.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Cycling in Singapore can be accident prone because of this?

    i shared this on facebook and received lot of comments.
    Objection !!!

  17. #37
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: So SMRT wants to be telco now.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    No one able to get anywhere, able to call anyone, or know what time it is. Now they are to big to fail!
    Nothing is too big to fail.

  18. #38
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: So SMRT wants to be telco now.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    i shared this on facebook and received lot of comments.
    Your FB friends want her mobile number from you?

  19. #39

    Default Re: So SMRT wants to be telco now.....

    So all the fare increase, all those 'reasons' for increasing train and bus fares are nothing but a guise to raise money to start this new telco.
    Nikon D300 | MB-D10 | AF-S 17-55mm f2.8 | 35mm f1.8 | SB-900

  20. #40

    Default Re: So SMRT wants to be telco now.....

    I once asked my boss.. why are we doing this.

    It is a sunset industry/product...

    His replied was"... as long as we make money. Why not?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •