Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $120 000 per wedding?!

Default Re: $120 000 per wedding?!

It's a question of the persons' ability to perform + the entire packaging that he is able to charge filthy rich clients who are more than willing to pay this kind of money. Just like a the price of brewed coffee in an upmarket place can be $10, though it can be cheaper elsewhere. But people not just pay for the coffee, its also the ambience and service that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder
    It's a question of the persons' ability to perform + the entire packaging that he is able to charge filthy rich clients who are more than willing to pay this kind of money. Just like a the price of brewed coffee in an upmarket place can be $10, though it can be cheaper elsewhere. But people not just pay for the coffee, its also the ambience and service that counts.
    Yes, agree, but actually is much more than this.....

Btw, if anyone does a search, in US, will know that a normal wedding package is between 2~5k, the lowest price is just service only (no print and album) I came across is about US$500~US$700.

Why the wedding photography charges are so low………………, what's your view?

(What I brought up here is base on my observation on the majority cases, does not imply to any photographers here)

I say good for Gary Fong, he made it big in the photography market. Good for him. From what I read, photography for him is just a mediam, and he is at most a part time photographer, but a full time in the photography market place. Just look at all the other things he does in addition to shooting - inventing products, lecturing, writing books ...
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    I say good for Gary Fong, he made it big in the photography market. Good for him. From what I read, photography for him is just a mediam, and he is at most a part time photographer, but a full time in the photography market place. Just look at all the other things he does in addition to shooting - inventing products, lecturing, writing books ...
    kinda agree with ya... seems like he makes more $$ thru other methods and faster too with his products selling online worldwide. Guess he can juz sit at home and shake leg waiting for $$ to come into his pocket... Now dat's wat i call a Pragmatic Professional Photographer (PPP)...

I think wedding photography in US includes the studio shoot... thats why its a few K. Singapore wedding break down to studio and actual day seperately... Studio earns the major portion while actual day is not emphasized... worst... with too many new entrants to actual day... the price has fallen quite a bit...

Guess Americans are smarter in protecting the market.... its an artform... here.. its becoming a commodity...

holy cow
    the groom must be really rich

one thing though. anyone in sg would do so?
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    I think wedding photography in US includes the studio shoot... thats why its a few K. Singapore wedding break down to studio and actual day seperately... Studio earns the major portion while actual day is not emphasized... worst... with too many new entrants to actual day... the price has fallen quite a bit...

Guess Americans are smarter in protecting the market.... its an artform... here.. its becoming a commodity...
    No really, but in America, many traditional shooters bring studio lights for formal couple/group photos, and most wedding photographers shoot with assistant.

Photographers like Denis Reggie and Gary Fong, are serving the royal families, celebrities, upper market people.

Btw, Denis Reggie is the "father" of Wedding Photojournalism.

i dun take gd pics.. i make pics look gd~
    TA~

He's selling his name, and he serves the celebrities (go read his bio).
    Or should I say, he's got a name to sell. If too cheap, it will only cheapen his reputation.

well, I've flipped through a couple of american context wedding photography books. In fact, what some of them do is is they set up strobes at the location. I've seen a few articles where the photographer goes down, sets up 10+ strobes with radio receivers at different locations and triggers off the different strobes using different frequencies depending on where he's standing. Talk about US$5K well spent.

Wonder if anyone is trying that in SG .... :P

Photographers in America shooting wedding must wear Tux, in Singapore photographers wear slippers shoot wedding.

What and how to compare?

$120,000? No big deal, someone will say.

It is just quarter of a peanut.

Quote Originally Posted by ness96
    $120,000? No big deal, someone will say.

It is just quarter of a peanut.
    assuming every peanut pod has 2 peanuts, its half a nut

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12