Thread: Light in the Dark

Default Light in the Dark

My first attempt to use ISO1600 with my camera...

Quality is not too bad huh? Not too much noise...

(Anyway, realised that all my post in Critique Corner has no response, wonder what happens if I post here... )

nice, quite abstract....
    although u asking about image quality or shot quality? hehe
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Actually this shot not asking for any critique, becoz seriously, I think it's quite a simple shot, i.e., no special PS technique or weird "illegal" composition... I just wanted to try out how ISO1600 looks (never tried)!

hehehe...
    anyway if u sample 1 hot pixel and 8 normal pixel the noise quality is always better mah... then got NR b4 that is like 8x + 4x downsampling lor... although pseudo maths hehe...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

wah 602 got iso1600 ah..sianz y g2 only 400 and somemore their 200 and 400 totally cannot make it.. g3 also still 400. sighzz

Originally posted by Mystix
    wah 602 got iso1600 ah..sianz y g2 only 400 and somemore their 200 and 400 totally cannot make it.. g3 also still 400. sighzz
    got... but only in 1MP

In order to assess noise level, i think you need to see a full size pic straight from the camera. This shot is resized, hence it does not indicate anything at all. Most cameras have very low noise level at this kind of size.

I will post a crop of the 100% size if you guys are interested. It's not that significantly noisy, seriously. I'm quite sure that the ISO1600 noise is on par with S30's ISO400. Of coz, it's only a 1mp pic lah (since the CCD "borrows" light from a few sensors to produce 1 pixel). That's why I cannot understand why pple thrash S602Z for its noise?? However, image sharpness and colour saturation may be an issue compared to other prosumer cams.