Greetings everyone ! ! I am new to this forum, my 1st post leh.
I am currently using a Canon S30, had it for quite some years now. Now thinking of "upgrading". But undecisive on whether to get a DSLR or a higher grade compact camera.
For DSLR, I am considering either Canon 350D or Nikon D70s
For Compact, I am considering Canon G6, S2 IS or Panasonic FZ5
My budget is < $2000
Actually, wanted to move to DSLR, but some concerns have been holding me back
- if get DSLR, will need time to practice to familiarise the functions, afraid no time
- after a while, may ended up using the programme or auto mode in the DSLR
- when going travelling, need to bring along many equipments like lens etc
- need to invest more money to get either more CF/SD cards or portable hard disk
- will need to invest more to get different lens, filters etc
- DSLR cannot take movie clips
So..... would like to hear some views and advise from the experts here.
Thank you very much.