Thread: How is this picture taken?

Lightbulb How is this picture taken?

Hello, this is a picture taken of electrico. I have always looked at pictures taken in this technique. However I am not really sure of the techniques and lightings that are used. I think a graduation filter was used, including frontal lighting diffused with a softbox. I also assume a liberal usage of photoshop was used. I believe this techinque was also used in the UOB art award 2004 "decontructing contruction" However for that piece I don't think artifical lighting was used at all. Is this correct? Could someone provide me on some information on how this picture was taken? Is this a particular style of photography? Is there a term to this technique?
    Last edited by roygoh; 13th September 2005 at 04:44 AM.

Default Re: How is this picture taken?

where is this "picture" in question.... hemm... that my friend is the question... haha okay it's late.. i'm cooky and nuts...

It would help to show us the pic =) not that if u show me i can give u a right answer.. but hey... i think u understand.

haha NPNT!!!

Hmm.. I notice that it's a .bmp extension...

Gim Boon Tai

I think you somehow got it. Don't think a grad filter is needed though. Essentially can just underexpose the background and further burn in the sky.
    If you understand my works, it's photography. If you don't, it's art.

I noticed that the location is where Brett took his "Phantom Bicycle" photos:

You might want to check with him.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.