Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Telcos reveal the names of those who download

Default Re: Telcos reveal the names of those who download

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    I don't agree with this sort of activity but it makes me wonder what the data says concerning illegal downloads of this movie worldwide. And to what length whatever authority would go to get this information. Reminds me of Napster or something like that. How are these guys ever going to keep their content escaping into the net wilderness anyway? Seems like a futile project if you ask me. They go after the end user too and not the provider (or maybe them too) - I question the wisdom of that approach. Wouldn't it make more sense to go after original pirate distributors if it really was all about protecting copyright? Very interesting to say the least.
    I think it is very suspicious that they did not state a compensation amount, seems very much to me that they are trying to use scare tactics to make some quick bucks.

If they want to claim damages from the people who uploaded the movie (even a small amount of it), they would have to calculate thee amount of loss generated by them uploading some amount of the movie to others to download, and I'm not sure there is an accurate way to do that.
    Last edited by brapodam; 15th April 2015 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    So 500 addies times maybe 20 bucks per copy equals 10 grand...sounds like they are jumping over dollars to pick up a penny. Unless they think their DBC stuff or whatever is worth more than that??? There are other things in the world you know...like books. Wonder if they get it?
    You are right. It sometimes costs more money to employ policemen than to let the amateur thieves try their luck.

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    I think it is very suspicious that they did not state a compensation amount, seems very much to me that they are trying to use scare tactics to make some quick bucks.
    If they want to claim damages from the people who uploaded the movie (even a small amount of it), they would have to calculate thee amount of loss generated by them uploading some amount of the movie to others to download, and I'm not sure there is an accurate way to do that.
    In countries with a powerful consumer protection agency these tactics would earn them a hard time in court, up to the point that the entire case gets dismissed and dropped. Three days for a legal claim really smells fishy, standard response time for bills and claims is 30 days.
    EOS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12