Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sanyo 2500mAh battery discharge issue

Default Re: Sanyo 2500mAh battery discharge issue

Thanks for the 'insider' info batteryman.

Where can we buy the MW6178 charger locally?

Don't know in Singapore as I'm from another country. Go to minwa.com & you should find some contact details. Hopefully they can tell you who is selling in Singapore

I forgot to mention you don't have to have this charger. It's just one of the several I use. What you need is a charger that:
    is designed for 2500s (preferably 2700s as they're very close to being in the shops)
    Individual cell circuit charge control
    Fast charge followed by trickle charge functions

There's a lot of chargers out their so hopefully you'll find one

Quote Originally Posted by batteryman
    Don't know in Singapore as I'm from another country. Go to minwa.com & you should find some contact details. Hopefully they can tell you who is selling in Singapore
    Just sent them an email. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by batteryman
    I forgot to mention you don't have to have this charger. It's just one of the several I use. What you need is a charger that:
    is designed for 2500s (preferably 2700s as they're very close to being in the shops)
    Individual cell circuit charge control
    Fast charge followed by trickle charge functions

There's a lot of chargers out their so hopefully you'll find one
    Ok, I also already have more than one now - Maha MH-C204W, MH-C401FS, C777PlusII, LaCrosse BC-900, Sony BCG-34 HRMD, RipVan100 Lightning Pack 4000N OEM CHG200PDSC, etc...

Wow, you sure have a lot of chargers! Why so many? Accumulated over time with different battery purchases? I'm aware of most of these but not completely familiar with each chargers capabilities. You probably know your own chargers abilities so if any meet all the criteria I suggested then they should work well. Be aware Maha is well known & widely used but their manufacturers have admitted rebadging cells to me so capacity is often not what is stated (putting a 2100 in a 2300 jacket, etc). Don't know much about their chargers other than they're widely available on the internet.

Another reason why a trickle or standard charge is something you want at the end of the fast charge stage is that a lot of chargers don't actually use negative delta V (looking for the voltage drop to terminate charge). Instead I've seen a number of chargers with a built in preset peak voltage cut-off. What this means is when a battery reaches a particular preset voltage point, say 1.55V then charge terminates rather than the cell actually peaking & then exhibiting the voltage drop. This is not that important if the charger then resumes charging at a trickle rate to finish the job. However if trickle function is not present this means the cells may be even less charged by preset peak rather than peak detect method so overall a worse result. Individual circuits mean cells with capacity mismatch (small mismatch is common, especially over many cycles) are charge teminated by weaker cells registering voltage drop before the stronger cells get there.

FYI IC3 cells actually terminate from detecting internal cell pressure, very accurate & less harmful to cells using Neg/DeltaV at the same current rates but still not fully charging the cells. If only they would put a trickle charge on the end then this would be a world beater!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345