Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 86

Thread: Sanyo 2500mAh battery discharge issue

  1. #1

    Default Sanyo 2500mAh battery discharge issue

    i wonder if anyone has this problem with sanyo batteries.
    it seems to discharge quite fast after recharging and using it for some time.
    after charging, if i did not use it and place it aside, the battery level will fall to almost zero after i put it inside my camera.

    i'm using a film slr camera and i find that af is a little faster using alkaline batteries compared to sanyo rechargable batteries.

  2. #2
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Sanyo 2500mAh battery discharge issue

    I face that too.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Sanyo 2500mAh battery discharge issue

    Same here... the self discharge rate is really bad. For my case, they drop to less than 1V in less than a week. Wondering if it is because of a faulty batch... mine should be "04-11 OA".

  4. #4
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Sanyo 2500mAh battery discharge issue

    Quote Originally Posted by FilliniF
    Same here... the self discharge rate is really bad. For my case, they drop to less than 1V in less than a week. Wondering if it is because of a faulty batch... mine should be "04-11 OA".
    Now it's a must for me to charge before bringing it out. Scared it goes flat

  5. #5
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Sanyo 2500mAh battery discharge issue

    eh? never had any problems for me. after a full charge, takes abt a wk of non-use for it to totally discharge.

    normally, i marked my batts with dots to indicate grouping. so, i charge the batts with the same dot markings together. something my old encik taught us blur recruits abt preventing our uniforms from being 2 different colours - marking the pants and no4 so we wear and wash them together. so far, the 'logic' works for my batts too.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  6. #6

    Lightbulb Re: Sanyo 2500mAh battery discharge issue

    i do the same too. i used permanent colour markers to indicate groupings. i always charge them the night before.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: Sanyo 2500mAh battery discharge issue

    before using the batts, do you guys just charge it up normally, or fully discharge-then-charge?

    for me, i'm a bit kiasu, i go for the latter. just wondering if its ok to do the former.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Sanyo 2500mAh battery discharge issue

    I have following issue with my Sanyo 4x2100mAh which I just got from Comex last week from East Gear.

    1 Charge:- Only managed to fire off a few shots on my flash (3 days later after charging)
    The capacity on the batteries seems to be high when I did a refresh

    2 Charge:- Tested with my flash after charging and able to shoot more than 50 shots.

    3 Charge:- Getting less than 50 shots on my flash, charging only after a few hours.

    I'm not sure anyone having similar problem on Sanyo Batteries and how can I verify the condition of the batteries?

    FYI: using 4x2500mAh Konnoc batteries, I'm getting around 500 shots from my flash.

    Thanks

  9. #9

    Default Re: Sanyo 2500mAh battery discharge issue

    Quote Originally Posted by sathea
    i wonder if anyone has this problem with sanyo batteries.
    it seems to discharge quite fast after recharging and using it for some time.
    after charging, if i did not use it and place it aside, the battery level will fall to almost zero after i put it inside my camera.

    i'm using a film slr camera and i find that af is a little faster using alkaline batteries compared to sanyo rechargable batteries.
    Are u using the standard sanyo charger which comes with the batt package? for this charger wat i've experienced was that u really need to drain off all power b4 u can recharge in order to better utilise the batt. Otherwise even if u recharge them, ur usage will still be very short... try drain it off thru a torchlight or something..

    Dat's y i've changed to using Maha charger instead... which will help me drain off the power dan start to recharge.. Ever since dan my batt usage has been quite long..

    However.. even for my Maha charger.. if i haven't been using my batt for a long time.. i'll try to charge in the slow charge mode.. For ur case try to do a long full charge (as if u juz bought the set of batts say for 8 hrs), which means u juz leave it in the charger even when it's full charged on ur set.

    Try this method 1st and see if there's any difference..

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    2,196

    Default Re: Sanyo 2500mAh battery discharge issue

    I mark my battery sets numerically. Then on my battery holder, I stick a label and write the charge date on it. If more than a few days, I'll stick them in the charger again. I think I once brought along a set that was charged over a week ago, and it was totally flat when I loaded it into my flashgun.

    So yes, I also charge them the night before bringing them out.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

  11. #11

    Default Re: Sanyo 2500mAh battery discharge issue

    Quote Originally Posted by megakale
    I have following issue with my Sanyo 4x2100mAh which I just got from Comex last week from East Gear.

    1 Charge:- Only managed to fire off a few shots on my flash (3 days later after charging)
    The capacity on the batteries seems to be high when I did a refresh

    2 Charge:- Tested with my flash after charging and able to shoot more than 50 shots.

    3 Charge:- Getting less than 50 shots on my flash, charging only after a few hours.

    I'm not sure anyone having similar problem on Sanyo Batteries and how can I verify the condition of the batteries?

    FYI: using 4x2500mAh Konnoc batteries, I'm getting around 500 shots from my flash.

    Thanks
    Most likely u din drain off ur batt power b4 u charge on ur standard sanyo charger.. dat's y might be experiencing this prob...

    OTOH, i've asked EG abt charging Sanyo batts on konnoc charger.. they say it's not a prob.. juz dat u won't have the super fast charge privillege dat's all, unless u're using konnoc batts.

    on my Maha charger, my 2500mah Sanyo can also achieve abt 500 shots thereabt.. depending on how u use the flash.. whether it's direct flash or using diffuser.. if u're using latter dan likely it'll be lesser shots..

  12. #12

    Default Re: Sanyo 2500mAh battery discharge issue

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny_star
    Most likely u din drain off ur batt power b4 u charge on ur standard sanyo charger.. dat's y might be experiencing this prob...

    OTOH, i've asked EG abt charging Sanyo batts on konnoc charger.. they say it's not a prob.. juz dat u won't have the super fast charge privillege dat's all, unless u're using konnoc batts.

    on my Maha charger, my 2500mah Sanyo can also achieve abt 500 shots thereabt.. depending on how u use the flash.. whether it's direct flash or using diffuser.. if u're using latter dan likely it'll be lesser shots..
    I'm using Konnoc charger with the Sanyo batteries which EG stated it's not a problem. I did a refreshed before the charge and it complete in less than 45 minutes. Most of the time I'm doing a direct flash, but it shouldn't be so much different compare to Konnoc batts.

    Not sure whether it's a issue with Konnoc charger with Sanyo batts, will bring back to EG to check it out.

    Thanks

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,881

    Default Re: Sanyo 2500mAh battery discharge issue

    I have the same issue with batteries discharge rate for Sanyo.
    The newer ones are slightly better but I think the batteries that retain charge best is GP.
    Sidetrack anybody uses the new Sony 15mins charger and 2500 batteries, how are they?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Sanyo 2500mAh battery discharge issue

    I'm having the same problems with certain "batches" of my 2500 sanyos as well. They will suddenly lose charge when put into my flash even when they were fully recharged less than a week ago. Funny thing is my 2300s which are older and more used don't have this problem. Faulty batteries at work here?

  15. #15

    Default Re: Sanyo 2500mAh battery discharge issue

    i too face this problem...

    i bought my 8 pcs from the last few MO...
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  16. #16

    Default Re: Sanyo 2500mAh battery discharge issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis
    I have the same issue with batteries discharge rate for Sanyo.
    The newer ones are slightly better but I think the batteries that retain charge best is GP.
    Sidetrack anybody uses the new Sony 15mins charger and 2500 batteries, how are they?
    IIRC the charge only charges 80% at 15mins

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Redhill
    Posts
    1,044

    Default Re: Sanyo 2500mAh battery discharge issue

    I label my 6 teams of 4 batteries each as A-1, A-2, A-3 and A-4; B-1... to... F-4. My problems:

    1. The batteries goes flat with 3 days after charging. I bought most of them in May 2005.
    2. Using Konnoc charger, of a team of 4, one or two will show extremely low charge, so it is not a problem across the board.
    3. Immediately after a full charge, power is good, but seems to be going from 100 flashes to 50 flashes nowadays. That's only 3 months, prbably 20 discharge/recharge cycles!
    4. Voltage drop below 1 volt very fast, not good news for my S2pro. Juice is still there, can power a toy train or a torch light for a very looooooooong time, but not a camera.

    I think I am going to give up on the 'best' rechargeable brand very soon.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Sanyo 2500mAh battery discharge issue

    As for me ..
    I don label nor did any test ..

    Before shoot charge all batteries ..
    After shoot dump them all inside the dry cabinet ..

    After 1-2 yrs .. replace all of them .
    It happens to all batteries I am correct ?

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northland
    Posts
    2,141

    Default Re: Sanyo 2500mAh battery discharge issue

    jeez...everyone is facing the same problem as me... The strange thing was my batts could last for weeks during the first few charge ... I mean I uses eight a one go for my 1V ..and man it can last for rolls

    Recently, The batts 'died' on me during my shoots despite charging it fully on my MAHA a few days ago Luckily, I had a spare body ..if not, I was 'screwed' . The self-discharge rate is too fast IMHO...wondering if it was triggered by the way we 'maintained' or used it


    I have to carry spares with me nowadays ... and you are right..the 2100/ 2300 lasts longer leh

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cowtown
    Posts
    1,343

    Default Re: Sanyo 2500mAh battery discharge issue

    Quote Originally Posted by AhV
    jeez...everyone is facing the same problem as me... The strange thing was my batts could last for weeks during the first few charge ... I mean I uses eight a one go for my 1V ..and man it can last for rolls

    Recently, The batts 'died' on me during my shoots despite charging it fully on my MAHA a few days ago Luckily, I had a spare body ..if not, I was 'screwed' . The self-discharge rate is too fast IMHO...wondering if it was triggered by the way we 'maintained' or used it


    I have to carry spares with me nowadays ... and you are right..the 2100/ 2300 lasts longer leh
    I've had 2500s which i bought early this year, and 2300s which were purchased in Feb & Dec 2004. I mark them and keep them in the same group of four. No problems like what you fellas are facing. I've never put them in for fast charging though...always charge them under slow charging mode on my Maha.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •