Thread: Lost and Found Money

Default Lost and Found Money

http://news.yahoo.com/utah-man-retur...213057117.html

Once when I was younger I was a broke joke. I had not eaten for a whole day. My stomach was eating itself. I felt sorry for myself to the point of crying. So I did what I normally do at such times I took off walking destination nowhere. Not more than 5 minutes after I left my apartment walking down the alleyway with my head hanging low I noticed a hint of that familiar green color amongst some old leaves. It was a ten dollar bill! God feeds the birds so do not despair!

About a month or so ago at work we had an elderly couple trade in the old car. We let the dirty old sled set for a long while and one day it was slow so I told the boss I wanted to pull that car up and clean it out. I always look through these cars we get in looking for anything left behind that might be useful to us. Under the driver seat I pull out a checkbook and a debit card! Okay that is easy enough I lay them on the dash and continue my investigation. Nothing else obvious. I begin to throw the floor mats out of the car. Under one floor mat I see one of those envelopes the bank gives you at the drive through teller window. I inspect it and find 4 rather dirty Ben Franklin notes. At this point I gather up the treasure and went to see the boss. The old couple were very happy to get this back.

I believe in karma...
    Expand your mind or get left behind

Default Re: Lost and Found Money

You did the right thing, man! Wish there were more people like you. Cheers!

Well I thought so...cheers to you as well sir!

Imagine finding a 75 pound bag of money.

Last edited by Nikonzen; 6th April 2015 at 11:44 AM.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/utah-man-retur...213057117.html

Once when I was younger I was a broke joke. I had not eaten for a whole day. My stomach was eating itself. I felt sorry for myself to the point of crying. So I did what I normally do at such times I took off walking destination nowhere. Not more than 5 minutes after I left my apartment walking down the alleyway with my head hanging low I noticed a hint of that familiar green color amongst some old leaves. It was a ten dollar bill! God feeds the birds so do not despair!

About a month or so ago at work we had an elderly couple trade in the old car. We let the dirty old sled set for a long while and one day it was slow so I told the boss I wanted to pull that car up and clean it out. I always look through these cars we get in looking for anything left behind that might be useful to us. Under the driver seat I pull out a checkbook and a debit card! Okay that is easy enough I lay them on the dash and continue my investigation. Nothing else obvious. I begin to throw the floor mats out of the car. Under one floor mat I see one of those envelopes the bank gives you at the drive through teller window. I inspect it and find 4 rather dirty Ben Franklin notes. At this point I gather up the treasure and went to see the boss. The old couple were very happy to get this back.

I believe in karma...
    thanks for sharing your experience.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    Well I thought so...cheers to you as well sir!

Imagine finding a 75 pound bag of money.

if it is yours, it will come to you one day, if it is not yours, you will lose it some day.

just take a photo with money, and return it back. that is a right thing to do.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Blog Entries

Great thing you did there Jeff. And knowing how social security is in the states, they probably miss the money badly.