Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Review] Poor man's gimbal - Qing Zhuang Shi Dai (轻装时代)Q45 gimbal head

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Tan View Post
    i own the beike bk 45, i using it with my d800e n tamron 150600. it work fine and never give me any problem so far.

but becareful 1 thing, the quick release plate tightening knot which have this extra compass have a very "IMPORTANT USE", it works like a alarm.

1.after several tightening n releasing of the quick release plate
    2.the compass will fall off(warning)
    3.must use the alan key to tighten the knot if not ur entire len and camera will drop, which almost happen to me.
    Thank you for the sharing of this issue.

Default Re: [Review] Poor man's gimbal QZSD-45

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Jeff it is available in the USA as Beike BK-45 on evilbay, of course at a significant price hike. Let me know if you are interested, I may be able to work something out.
    Thanks Albert, appreciate you good bud, I will keep that in mind. BTW I hope you are feeling better sir. I've been battling some dreadful allergies myself...Spring has sprung. Soon will be a good time to have a tripod!
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 3rd April 2015 at 12:26 PM.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

Default Re: [Review] Poor man's gimbal QZSD-45

If you really love it, and can afford it then go for it. Life is short bro. I hesitated too, but my wife encouraged me on.
    Life is short indeed. Hence I went ahead to get the Tamron 150-600 and a good tripod set-up instead of cheaping out..

She's not exactly stopping me but I (try to) exercise some self-restraint. LOL

Default Re: [Review] Poor man's gimbal - Qing Zhuang Shi Dai (轻装时代)Q45 gimbal head

Thank you for the sharing of this issue.
    no problem. enjoy ur new gear
    D800E / Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 / 150-600 Tamron

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Review] Poor man's gimbal - Qing Zhuang Shi Dai (轻装时代)Q45 gimbal head

no problem. enjoy ur new gear
    I have been screwing and unscrewing the quick release a lot. so far nothing is moving... I will keep checking that part you mentioned. I really do hope they fixed that issue, which I think is quite easy to solve with just a couple drops of locktite.

I have been screwing and unscrewing the quick release a lot. so far nothing is moving... I will keep checking that part you mentioned. I really do hope they fixed that issue, which I think is quite easy to solve with just a couple drops of locktite.
    I own this gimbal head since last yr Nov,and it happened after months later. Like I mentioned, the compass came out first.And I recalled again, actually my camera n Len nv almost "drop", it's when place it on the release plate and try to tighten it but that thing came out. So it's not like the whole release plate came out after u had tighten it.

So far this is the only issue I faced. imnstill using it, it's pretty solid. I just tighten it every time before I use it

Blog Entries

I own this gimbal head since last yr Nov,and it happened after months later. Like I mentioned, the compass came out first.And I recalled again, actually my camera n Len nv almost "drop", it's when place it on the release plate and try to tighten it but that thing came out. So it's not like the whole release plate came out after u had tighten it.

So far this is the only issue I faced. imnstill using it, it's pretty solid. I just tighten it every time before I use it
    have you tried securing that part with some loctite or adhesive? I am sure a little DIY will settle this issue and leave no more worries.

have you tried securing that part with some loctite or adhesive? I am sure a little DIY will settle this issue and leave no more worries.
    Never le.maybe I try later.

Nice review!

One more option to consider while I am considering the jobu.
    Flickr|a7RII

I wouldn't regard this as "poor man's gimbal" at all; It's practicality that matters. A Toyota & a BMW, both four wheels that drives the way they should be. As long the component serves the practical usages and certain expectations, go for it. Of course, if your pocket is deep go
    for the latter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JJFAM View Post
    I wouldn't regard this as "poor man's gimbal" at all; It's practicality that matters. A Toyota & a BMW, both four wheels that drives the way they should be. As long the component serves the practical usages and certain expectations, go for it. Of course, if your pocket is deep go
    for the latter
    There are certainly areas where the cost savings causes restrictions in usage unlike your example of toyota vs bmw where basic functionality is the same. But the difference in pricing certainly is huge. The title of "poor man" is definitely meant as a metaphor.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 7th April 2015 at 11:18 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12