Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some help with DSLR

Deregistered

Default Re: Need some help with DSLR

Quote Originally Posted by crystalberri
    Will be sending in for cleaning... will ask them why it is like tat

Thanks everyone for the advises
    Did you even read what the others have mentioned in post #5, #8, #10?

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Did you even read what the others have mentioned in post #5, #8, #10?
    Yah, have tried it all

Quote Originally Posted by crystalberri
    Hi, using another account to log in.

litefoot: The pic was taken without adjusting properly at first and hence it was blur

I just realised that when i switch the mode dial to A, the curly thing will appear in all the pics. When i switch it to other modes like auto etc, the curly thing is not there. Why is it so strange??
    Hi all,
    There is this strange phenomenon that crystalberri is facing i.e the lint/hair appears only when she shoots in Apecture mode. When she uses Auto, manual or other modes, it doesn't appear. The tests were done on a piece of white paper. Anyone has any ideas on the cause?
    Anyway the D70s will be sent in to the service centre as the spot persists despite the blowing.

from what i have heard..
    these dusts appear at certain "f" numbers..
    My Gallery at DeviantART http://waiaung.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by waiaung
    from what i have heard..
    these dusts appear at certain "f" numbers..
    Hi, just curious.... if it appears at certain 'f' numbers, then is it the lens or the sensor?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Redstar202
    Hi, just curious.... if it appears at certain 'f' numbers, then is it the lens or the sensor?
    When aperture is wide open, seldom you'll see the dust unless it's a dinosaur.

When you stepped down, everything becomes more well defined thus the dust/hair will start to show up. Normally at f/8 and above the dust becomes more obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by vbs1979
    Dust free place??? Maybe u need to go to those semicon fabs and use their clean room to change lens. Sorry OT a bit.
    Yah silly isn't it. Maybe I should elaborate a little. For example, you should avoid changing lens by the road side with heavy traffic with the mirror box facing the road.

Its still the sensor.
    The best is to go down to your manufacturer and make them clean your sensor.
    My Gallery at DeviantART http://waiaung.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Don't do it. Send in for cleaning.
    I did.. but the result for me was not really good. They did remove some bigger dust particles but after testing I noticed that some smaller speck of dust appeared on spots which were clean before the service...

Thank you all. The camera was sent to the Service Centre and problem's solved. By the way, my friend told me that it will be easier to blow dust off the sensor after the camera has been in the dry cabinet a few days because the dust will not be as 'sticky'. Wondered if anyone tried it?

Thank you all. The camera was sent to the Service Centre and problem's solved. By the way, my friend told me that it will be easier to blow dust off the sensor after the camera has been in the dry cabinet a few days because the dust will not be as 'sticky'. Wondered if anyone tried it?
    God have you even read any of the posts/things we told you. Do not attempt to clean the sensor by yourself, blowing air into the chamber will only introduce more dust or throw around the dust and it'll land somewhere else.

The only, I would say safe way to clean it would be to let the service centre handle it or do it yourself with the PROPER equipment and practice.

Quote Originally Posted by n0d3
    God have you even read any of the posts/things we told you. Do not attempt to clean the sensor by yourself, blowing air into the chamber will only introduce more dust or throw around the dust and it'll land somewhere else.

The only, I would say safe way to clean it would be to let the service centre handle it or do it yourself with the PROPER equipment and practice.
    Hi, i really did read every single post. Ehhh... no one mentioned anything about NOT blowing into the chamber. Generally the advice was to try blowing or sent the camera in for servicing. And that at no point in time should there be any contact with the sensor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12