Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Firefox keeps crashing when clicking 'Back' button too fast

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Firefox keeps crashing when clicking 'Back' button too fast

    I am facing a little problem using Firefox, since a week ago or so, everytime I click the 'Back' button on the browser too fast, it crashes! Strange thing is that it only happens with Clubsnap pages! With other sites, it never happens............is it the browser? Could it be something to do with java? I did update java recently, as I was having problems going into my banks site........

    Hong Sien

  2. #2

    Default Re: Firefox keeps crashing when clicking 'Back' button too fast

    Click slowly. Don't kan chiong.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Firefox keeps crashing when clicking 'Back' button too fast

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    I am facing a little problem using Firefox, since a week ago or so, everytime I click the 'Back' button on the browser too fast, it crashes! Strange thing is that it only happens with Clubsnap pages! With other sites, it never happens............is it the browser? Could it be something to do with java? I did update java recently, as I was having problems going into my banks site........

    Hong Sien
    A little OT....

    Wad gives u the need to click the back button so fast?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    behind my camera
    Posts
    2,734

    Default Re: Firefox keeps crashing when clicking 'Back' button too fast

    You are not alone. I too have exactly the same prob. Still dont know what is the cause.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Firefox keeps crashing when clicking 'Back' button too fast

    Which version of FireFox??

  6. #6

    Default Re: Firefox keeps crashing when clicking 'Back' button too fast

    y click so fast? isn't there a drop down list beside the Back button like IE?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Firefox keeps crashing when clicking 'Back' button too fast

    Use mozilla, Firefox is quite buggy somehow.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Firefox keeps crashing when clicking 'Back' button too fast

    Quote Originally Posted by whoelse
    Use mozilla, Firefox is quite buggy somehow.
    huh? i thought its mozilla firefox v

  9. #9

    Default Re: Firefox keeps crashing when clicking 'Back' button too fast

    dont use firefox.
    use opera

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Firefox keeps crashing when clicking 'Back' button too fast

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    I am facing a little problem using Firefox, since a week ago or so, everytime I click the 'Back' button on the browser too fast, it crashes! Strange thing is that it only happens with Clubsnap pages! With other sites, it never happens............is it the browser? Could it be something to do with java? I did update java recently, as I was having problems going into my banks site........

    Hong Sien
    if you want to back track to many pages before, just click the small 'down' arrow at the immediate right side of the back button, a list of pages visited before in the same window will be displayed. click on the desired page. finish.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Firefox keeps crashing when clicking 'Back' button too fast

    Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    Click slowly. Don't kan chiong.
    Can't show those girlie pics from Clubsnappie to my old eyes! Need to somehow clear them from the screen fast.........

    HS

  12. #12

    Default Re: Firefox keeps crashing when clicking 'Back' button too fast

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    Can't show those girlie pics from Clubsnappie to my old eyes! Need to somehow clear them from the screen fast.........

    HS
    Try clearing your cache.

    Tools > Options... > Click Clear for Cache.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Firefox keeps crashing when clicking 'Back' button too fast

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    Can't show those girlie pics from Clubsnappie to my old eyes! Need to somehow clear them from the screen fast.........

    HS
    You're a virtuous man. I am proud to know you.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Close to Pierce Reservoir
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: Firefox keeps crashing when clicking 'Back' button too fast

    Quote Originally Posted by user111
    dont use firefox.
    use opera
    Don't know if you guys experience this problem, but I used to use opera and it slowly eats up system resources until the computer lags/hangs.

    The windows task manager would show that 100% usage of system resources. Went to check opera and found that quite a few users had the same problems. I never solved it so I gave up on it.

    BTW, is your firefox "modded" heavily? i.e. a lot of extensions and themes added? You can try create a new profile start over. It should be quite stable otherwise.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Firefox keeps crashing when clicking 'Back' button too fast

    Quote Originally Posted by yihyng
    Don't know if you guys experience this problem, but I used to use opera and it slowly eats up system resources until the computer lags/hangs.

    The windows task manager would show that 100% usage of system resources. Went to check opera and found that quite a few users had the same problems. I never solved it so I gave up on it.

    BTW, is your firefox "modded" heavily? i.e. a lot of extensions and themes added? You can try create a new profile start over. It should be quite stable otherwise.
    The thing is that I never had this problem months ago, only since a two weeks ago or so it started to behave this way.......I don't have anything linked to it, only a list of bookmarks. That shouldn't be a reason..........strange thing is thatit only happen with Clubsnap.........maybe I am lurking too many times into Clubsnap? :-)

    HS

  16. #16

    Default Re: Firefox keeps crashing when clicking 'Back' button too fast

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    The thing is that I never had this problem months ago, only since a two weeks ago or so it started to behave this way.......I don't have anything linked to it, only a list of bookmarks. That shouldn't be a reason..........strange thing is thatit only happen with Clubsnap.........maybe I am lurking too many times into Clubsnap? :-)

    HS
    Did you try clearing your cache, cookies and temp files? Sometimes it could be dued to that. Like what Dilbert said, a classic case of computer rot.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default Re: Firefox keeps crashing when clicking 'Back' button too fast

    use IE, no such problem.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Firefox keeps crashing when clicking 'Back' button too fast

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    use IE, no such problem.
    Thought Firefox is safer for ebanking.........thats the reason I am using it. Will clear cache.........but dont think its that, it only happens with one site, and not with others...........and I already switch off avatars for Clubsnap, but those smilies not (yet)....

    HS

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    279

    Default Re: Firefox keeps crashing when clicking 'Back' button too fast

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    use IE, no such problem.

    but will have spyware ...

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Firefox keeps crashing when clicking 'Back' button too fast

    I have given up, from now on I will use IE for Clubsnap, and at the same time use Firefox for other sites.........and it also happens when I click it slow.......

    HS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •