Thread: Industry rates for events

Default Industry rates for events

hi..just wondering if anyone can give me some info on the industry rates for covering an event..per hour.....i've got a rough idea..but just need to know to confirm

Default Re: Industry rates for events

It all depends on the vaqrious factors ranging from size and prestige of event to the always present problem that just about every organiser has with never existing budgets for photographers.

According to industry sources of one of Singapore's most buzzy and 'sexy' exhibitions, the going rate is MINUS $$$.

Yes, you pay, for all your equipment, technical and physical wear and tear of equipment, time and expertise, skills and experience as well as transport, food and drink and for this undoubtedly prestigious honour, you get to also be obliged to give the organiser CD(s) of ALL photos you HAVE to take during the event.
    Last edited by Feinwerkbau; 11th September 2005 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by agentmonkey
    hi..just wondering if anyone can give me some info on the industry rates for covering an event..per hour.....i've got a rough idea..but just need to know to confirm
    Sorry about OT.
    What I know is that many "photographers" will do it for FREE.

yeah..that's the problem...i was asked to do an event..they said if possible do it for free..but no way la...either charge or don't do it at all...