Thread: How to resolve 600D stiff "Main Dial (For adjusting shuttle speed/aperture)" ?

Default How to resolve 600D stiff "Main Dial (For adjusting shuttle speed/aperture)" ?

Hello,

Currently I my 600D's Main Dial is pretty stiff. Sorry I am not too sure how to call it, but the camera manual listed it as "Main Dial". It is the "ring" which you turn to change aperture/shutter speed, located just behind the shuttle button. Mine has gotten pretty stiff and is getting harder to turn and I am not sure if there can be anything done about it?

Canon said they dont recommend putting any lubricant though... is there any other way to make it smoother?

Default Re: How to resolve 600D stiff "Main Dial (For adjusting shuttle speed/aperture)" ?

Actually, you can bring it down and they can apply the lubricant for you.. Not sure if the lubricant that they use is of any different from what outside sells.

My 5d main dial got quite stiff after a cold trip and they applied some lubricant and it felt alot better.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Default Re: How to resolve 600D stiff "Main Dial (For adjusting shuttle speed/aperture)" ?

Thanks for the tip! I guess I'll make a trip down to canon