Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tributes to Mr Lee Kuan Yew

Default Re: Tributes to Mr Lee Kuan Yew

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Embrace the narrative of a Man's Life Mission for building an Impossible Nation. Relish that nation now beneath your feet.

Most of all, give your Utmost Respect for a Man who got us here with a dedicated firm hand that gently guides the lost or punishes the ones who strays. It was never about winning a Popularity Contest.

A (Founding) Father who cares is all about that. Never Forget.
    Very well said. A real man in a real world, Mr Lee Kuan Yew, may God bless you.
    Home is where the heart is.

Mr Lee Kuan Yew is an ordinary man, like anyone of us. He uses his intelligence and dedicated his life to build this nation. No man is a perfect human. Whether it's 3rd or 1st world, I'm grateful to Mr Lee for what he has done that I can sit comfortably and safe to write in this forum. A Great Man of our time!

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Feeling sad that when Mr Lee was alive... nothing good is said about him or his good work in most internet forum... only in death do we recognise his contribution to the Nation....

做人要飲水思源...
    ya lor, i begin to love this man after he died. what an irony.

why not we hv more publicity for those leaders who are still alive?

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    My personal take on Mr Lee is that he is like a strict parent who only meant well and want the best for his child(Singapore and Singaporeans). His method may look draconian at times, but that was only done to ensure the success and well being of his country.
    well said!

Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post
    you definitely came from a privileged background to have clean drinking water and proper sewage back in the 60s.
    i dont have to google... plenty of my older gen relatives lived in squatter housing without running water or even electricity.
    How true. And worrying as a child whether today we have one meal or two meal.

that smile never change, still the same now as when he was much younger.

Last edited by can100D; 26th March 2015 at 04:48 PM.

i think there is a bit of herd behaviour in this "long queue" phenomenon.
    Even tourists also join in.

建囯功臣
    囯泰民安
    论贡论过
    百姓可思
    盖棺定论
    Last edited by shierwin; 30th March 2015 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by can100D View Post
    i think there is a bit of herd behaviour in this "long queue" phenomenon.
    Even tourists also join in.
    This is a once in a life time opportunity.
    I was also in the queue yesterday. Fortunately, they keep changing the system until the queue speed up. I manage to pay my respect to Mr Lee after 4 hours of queue. Some people queue for 8 hours or more.

Our current PM came out to the queue to shake hands with those in the queue. I was fortunate to have a snap shot of the PM and his brother.
    Last edited by Yutaka Go; 26th March 2015 at 07:35 PM.
    I eats, shoots & leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    This is a once in a life time opportunity.
    I was also in the queue yesterday. Fortunately, they keep changing the system until the queue speed up. I manage to pay my respect to Mr Lee after 4 hours of queue. Some people queue for 8 hours or more.

Our current PM came out to the queue to shake hands with those in the queue. I was fortunate to have a snap shot of the PM and his brother.
    Don't Singaporeans just love to queue for everything ......
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Don't Singaporeans just love to queue for everything ......
    Queueing is SG No.1 national sport
    Every day, at certain point of time, you are in a queue.

Queue for food/drinks
    Queue for transport (bus/trains/taxi)
    Queue for hello kitty dolls
    Queue for K-pop stars overnight
    Queue for book out during NS
    Queue for banks/ATM
    Queue for passport at ICA
    Queue for Toto/4D
    Queue for custom to go to JB
    Queue for cashier at supermarket
    Queue for boarding budget airline to travel oversea

And the list goes on and on ...

It seem like we queue to kill the time

We are well train and condition for queueing. Therefore, 4 hours queue is no problem lah
    Last edited by Yutaka Go; 26th March 2015 at 08:35 PM.
    I eats, shoots & leaves

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Feeling sad that when Mr Lee was alive... nothing good is said about him or his good work in most internet forum... only in death do we recognise his contribution to the Nation....

做人要飲水思源...
    Not me. I remember. I am one of his critic and also supporter. But here is a man who did it his way with his team, did good things but also willing to do the necessary dirty work that mere men will shy away from. He's not about wining the popularity contest. He does what needed to be done and if it needs a cruel hand so be it.

For the Good of the Many (far out weigh the few) a few shall fall. So while those of us who stand here now doing well in life, you are part of that "Many" that benefited. So spare a heart for the few who fall. The history of a country, any country is not all about the niceties and all that romanticizing notions that we like to remember. But it is also of things we sweep under the carpet of our minds as it is too harsh to think about. But someone has to take out the trash each day to keep the house clean.

But I agree. Lots of hypocrites and sadden to see the amount of "commercializing tactics used" disguised as sincerity but that's the world we live in. "How-to-profit-from-moments-of-weakness". Let's keep the usual politics out this 7 days out of respect for a man we might not appreciate what he had to do to get us here. You have to at least respect him that much for it. No. I am not for the present crop of politicians but for Mr Lee Kuan Yew and his pioneering team, I owe them my deepest marked respect. We all should.
    Last edited by sammy888; 26th March 2015 at 08:46 PM. Reason: typos
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

Not me. I remember. I am one of his critic and also supporter. But here is a man who did it his way, did good things but also willing to do the necessary dirty work that mere men will shy away from. He's not about wining the popularity contest. He does what needed to be done and if it needs a cruel hand so be it.

For the Good of the Many (far out weigh the few) a few shall fall. So while those of us who stand here now doing well in life, you are part of that "Many" that benefited. So spare a heart for the few who fall. The history of a country, any country is not all about the niceties and all that romanticizing notions that we like to remember.but it is also of things we sweep under the carpet of our minds as it is too harsh to think about. But someone has to take out the trash each day to keep your house clean.

But I agree. Lots of hypocrites and sadden to see the among of "commercializing tactics used" disguised as sincerity but that's the world we live in. "How-to-profit-from-moments-of-weakness". Let's keep the usual politics out this 7 days out of respect for a man we might not appreciate what he had to do to get us all to this point. You have to at least respect him that much for it. No. I am not for the present crop of politicians but for Mr Lee Kuan Yew and his pioneering team, I owe them my deepest marked respect. We all should.
    Once in a life time ....... Got take selfie or not? ..

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Once in a life time ....... Got take selfie or not? ..
    Anti Selfie here. Beside I need no photos to remind me of what I experienced under his time and see with my own eyes the changes.
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

Not me. I remember. I am one of his critic and also supporter. But here is a man who did it his way with his team, did good things but also willing to do the necessary dirty work that mere men will shy away from. He's not about wining the popularity contest. He does what needed to be done and if it needs a cruel hand so be it.

For the Good of the Many (far out weigh the few) a few shall fall. So while those of us who stand here now doing well in life, you are part of that "Many" that benefited. So spare a heart for the few who fall. The history of a country, any country is not all about the niceties and all that romanticizing notions that we like to remember. But it is also of things we sweep under the carpet of our minds as it is too harsh to think about. But someone has to take out the trash each day to keep the house clean.

But I agree. Lots of hypocrites and sadden to see the amount of "commercializing tactics used" disguised as sincerity but that's the world we live in. "How-to-profit-from-moments-of-weakness". Let's keep the usual politics out this 7 days out of respect for a man we might not appreciate what he had to do to get us here. You have to at least respect him that much for it. No. I am not for the present crop of politicians but for Mr Lee Kuan Yew and his pioneering team, I owe them my deepest marked respect. We all should.
    Mr Lee legacy will live on in SG and oversea

Clean Singapore Campaign

Clean India Campaign
    I eats, shoots & leaves

Mr Lee legacy will live on in SG and oversea

Clean Singapore Campaign

Clean India Campaign
    sweeping under the carpet?

I have only superficially studied Mr. Lee so I cannot say anything about him other than maybe to offer my condolences to your nation and his family. So R.I.P. Mr. Lee!

Perhaps this is his greatest legacy maybe?

http://news.yahoo.com/legacy-singapo...-politics.html

(edit * author of this piece is sort of a ding dong spinner but his point about respect and tolerance in Singapore is one of the things I find interesting about Singapore)
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 27th March 2015 at 08:25 AM.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

Queueing is SG No.1 national sport
    Every day, at certain point of time, you are in a queue.

Queue for food/drinks
    Queue for transport (bus/trains/taxi)
    Queue for hello kitty dolls
    Queue for K-pop stars overnight
    Queue for book out during NS
    Queue for banks/ATM
    Queue for passport at ICA
    Queue for Toto/4D
    Queue for custom to go to JB
    Queue for cashier at supermarket
    Queue for boarding budget airline to travel oversea

And the list goes on and on ...

It seem like we queue to kill the time

We are well train and condition for queueing. Therefore, 4 hours queue is no problem lah
    Be grateful that we r civil ppl

I'm un Beijing now and i can tell u that china ppl has no social grace and no q at all

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Be grateful that we r civil ppl

I'm un Beijing now and i can tell u that china ppl has no social grace and no q at all
    When in Beijing, do as the Peking man would do ...... Hoot first talk later ......if you can't beat them, join them ......

May he be One with the Force

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast