Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tributes to Mr Lee Kuan Yew

Default Re: Tributes to Mr Lee Kuan Yew

Some people are so filled with venom, they cant see any good, nor do any good but just spew their poison, criticize & rant. Without basic consideration nor courtesy of what this thread is about, a tribute to a man who has done much for the country & has passed on. Probably come from having spent too much time being mired in or dealing with sh*t.

And can't tell the difference between first world & third world despite claiming to having gone through Singapore's past. I have lived through that past, and much as I may not agree with certain methods & policies, I can never deny the many good that came through it all from LKY's brilliance, dedication & life's work. LKY, RIP & thank you.
    Last edited by s1221ljc; 24th March 2015 at 04:12 PM.

Let's put politics and our differences aside and salute a really great leader.

Oh Captain My Captain!

Hi

May I respectfully request CS members to please kindly refrain from posting anything negative about Mr Lee Kuan Yew, at least for this week, and for 49 days if possible.

We ought to learn to show respect to others when someone has passed away, and in this case, this not an ordinary person, but someone who has contributed so much to our nation development, and this is a fact that no one can denied, whether you like him or not.

No one is perfect, and ruling a country rarely makes one a perfect person in the eyes of all.

Thank you very much

Please show respects to our late founding father, his family, and his country people.

This is a second and the last reminder.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    Hi

May I respectfully request CS members to please kindly refrain from posting anything negative about Mr Lee Kuan Yew, at least for this week, and for 49 days if possible.

We ought to learn to show respect to others when someone has passed away, and in this case, this not an ordinary person, but someone who has contributed so much to our nation development, and this is a fact that no one can denied, whether you like him or not.

No one is perfect, and ruling a country rarely makes one a perfect person in the eyes of all.

Thank you very much
    Fully agree.

The man is alr dead. Give him a break.

Lets just remember his good deeds.

I, myself have been quite critical of his way, but i hv to admit that he had also done much good.

In fact, as i type now, i hv been listening to his speeches for the past 2hrs over at Youtube, esp like the ending portion of this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihiE4oGyYlQ
    Last edited by can100D; 24th March 2015 at 08:54 PM.

He showed the way for the first 50 years. It's up to this country and her citizens now to honor his legacy and carry on for the next 50 years, and the next, and so on.

PS: Any idea who took the "Remembering Lee Kuan Yew" photo? I'm getting Steve Jobs vibes from it.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Then again, his son and his cronies has brought Singapore from the First World back to the Third World and he did nothing to stop him. I glad he didn't live long enough to see the party that he built up from scratch suck dry and destroy the country that he claimed he loved.

Anyway, RIP Mr Lee. May you have a good rebirth. You would need to work extra hard to make up for all the wrongs and sins you had committed in this life.
    Even people from the third world knows everyone sins and impossible not to do any wrong things in his/her lifetime. And people from the third world knows how to be grateful.
    Indians workers returned from Singapore actually put these up in their village to thank our founding father.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/si...anners-you-are

This is the time of Singapore's national mourning of a great leader.

Although as a non-Singaporean I want to be careful not to crack jokes that are out of place and insensitive to such moment of sorrow and loss of a great and illustrious life with such an international statute.

I could feel the loss reading our papers in Sydney and listening to BBC and a Hong Kong Cantonese talk show about him these few days.

LKY is pervasive even he is no longer with us. He will be remembered for a long time.
    Last edited by Sion; 24th March 2015 at 10:56 PM.

Some ingrates here talk abt we r 3rd world. They dont know what is 3rd world country is like.

Sometime in Photography and most of other things we do, we have to be in the right place and at the right time. Same for talking (or typing on keyboard and screen), including but not limit to jokes, complaints, whining etc. Think best is to ignore and when they dun get the attention, they may just walk away. There is other place and time for them to do what they want.

Let stick to the intention of this thread. If have nothing good to say, maybe it best to just have a moment of silent for this period of time. Thank you.

A very personal tribute from Minister Heng. Great read!

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sin...-keat-20150324

Quote Originally Posted by huatman View Post
    Sometime in Photography and most of other things we do, we have to be in the right place and at the right time. Same for talking (or typing on keyboard and screen), including but not limit to jokes, complaints, whining etc. Think best is to ignore and when they dun get the attention, they may just walk away. There is other place and time for them to do what they want.

Let stick to the intention of this thread. If have nothing good to say, maybe it best to just have a moment of silent for this period of time. Thank you.
    Well said sir.

Perhaps what we should do in honour of his memory and spirit would be to take charge. To take charge of our country and democracy; like he did in 1965.

To take charge, and make us great.

wa, i really like the way he tekan the angmo in this meeting.

Really like the way he speaks. Esp the part when he said he IS a Singaporean. Listen alr also feel proud man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VexrmTacOAA

3 min Video on our founding prime minister by weibo video. I may not agree to all that he had done.
    But the closing quote of this short video are words only an honourable man can say.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD5x8gD3Vbs

And look at all the links on the right panel...the number of uploads on the late founder
    Last edited by shierwin; 25th March 2015 at 09:54 PM.

Embrace the narrative of a Man's Life Mission for building an Impossible Nation. Relish that nation now beneath your feet.

Most of all, give your Utmost Respect for a Man who got us here with a dedicated firm hand that gently guides the lost or punishes the ones who strays. It was never about winning a Popularity Contest.

A (Founding) Father who cares is all about that. Never Forget.
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by s1221ljc View Post
    Some people are so filled with venom, they cant see any good, nor do any good but just spew their poison, criticize & rant. Without basic consideration nor courtesy of what this thread is about, a tribute to a man who has done much for the country & has passed on. Probably come from having spent too much time being mired in or dealing with sh*t.

And can't tell the difference between first world & third world despite claiming to having gone through Singapore's past. I have lived through that past, and much as I may not agree with certain methods & policies, I can never deny the many good that came through it all from LKY's brilliance, dedication & life's work. LKY, RIP & thank you.
    I agree with you. Let's all be civil. SM Lee has left all of us. Whatever it is, he did do a good job in Singapore. Look around you and compare the other countries. Any country who could be on the same par or level as Singapore comparing what she had.

Let's us acknowledge him as who he was. To the Lee family, my deepest condolences. To SM Lee, I thank you for what you have done for the country and the people.

Feeling sad that when Mr Lee was alive... nothing good is said about him or his good work in most internet forum... only in death do we recognise his contribution to the Nation....

做人要飲水思源...

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by s1221ljc View Post

I agree with you. Let's all be civil. SM Lee has left all of us. Whatever it is, he did do a good job in Singapore. Look around you and compare the other countries. Any country who could be on the same par or level as Singapore comparing what she had.

Let's us acknowledge him as who he was. To the Lee family, my deepest condolences. To SM Lee, I thank you for what you have done for the country and the people.

My personal take on Mr Lee is that he is like a strict parent who only meant well and want the best for his child(Singapore and Singaporeans). His method may look draconian at times, but that was only done to ensure the success and well being of his country.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast