Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 57 of 57

Thread: Gunman next to me at ATM!

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Western SG
    Posts
    1,537

    Default Re: Gunman next to me at ATM!

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Usually armed escorts for banks carry either:
    - A revolver. Usually .38mm calibre. Good for point-blank blastin'. Crap for long shots.
    - A shotgun. Lets go a spray of pellets at high velocity. Guaranteed to turn any potential robber into swiss cheese.

    M16 are assault rifles usually carried by soldiers. They are restricted weapons so basically any security company can't just buy M16s just like that without the proper documents.

    These days, internal security forces are carrying HK-MP5s. These are smaller calibre submachine guns. Fast and deadly.

    And no, u dun have to be a violent person to know abt weapons. Just read more.
    Or play counterstrike

    So most probably a shotgun. pump action

  2. #42
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Gunman next to me at ATM!

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Usually armed escorts for banks carry either:
    - A revolver. Usually .38mm calibre. Good for point-blank blastin'. Crap for long shots.
    - A shotgun. Lets go a spray of pellets at high velocity. Guaranteed to turn any potential robber into swiss cheese.

    M16 are assault rifles usually carried by soldiers. They are restricted weapons so basically any security company can't just buy M16s just like that without the proper documents.

    These days, internal security forces are carrying HK-MP5s. These are smaller calibre submachine guns. Fast and deadly.

    And no, u dun have to be a violent person to know abt weapons. Just read more.
    Like don't have to be a creative person to know about cameras?

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Gunman next to me at ATM!

    Quote Originally Posted by huaiwei
    Haha.....btw wat uniform do they wear in hk? Heard they have like a multitude of colours or something...

    And while Singaporeans here think MP5s are a tad too much when SOC troopers tot them in their jalan jalan down orchard road, HKers dont seem to find it an issue having their airport police having the same equipment, and their security guards with rifles like these! Imagine the reaction here should the CISCO come armed with M16s when loading the atm here?
    Those that I met had the same colour as their armoured car: dark blue and they wore caps. Sometimes they have these old metal caps, called helmets I think.........

    Singaporeans worry too much about little things.............

    HS

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    eastern past
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: Gunman next to me at ATM!

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    Those that I met had the same colour as their armoured car: dark blue and they wore caps. Sometimes they have these old metal caps, called helmets I think.........

    Singaporeans worry too much about little things.............

    HS
    erm i do see them patrolling around Raffles Plc, even when i was having lunch at Philip Street whilst in the mrt, some of them looked abit paiseh to me when the office workers looked at them in awe
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

  5. #45

    Default Re: Gunman next to me at ATM!

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    Should tell your Sergeant that the word "gun" is a generic word for these firearms :P
    no technically, they are called weapons.... guns are big-pieces like field howizters

  6. #46

    Default Re: Gunman next to me at ATM!

    Have you seen someone removing the receipts from the bin at the ATM? I saw a guy scanning the underneath of the bin first using some handheld device before opening it and dumping the receipts into a plastic bag. Wonder what the device was..

  7. #47

    Default Re: Gunman next to me at ATM!

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    Those that I met had the same colour as their armoured car: dark blue and they wore caps. Sometimes they have these old metal caps, called helmets I think.........

    Singaporeans worry too much about little things.............

    HS
    Hmm....similar to the ones in the tonnes of hk movies lah?

    Singaporeans dunt like arms lah. Then again...maybe its something more political. The arms ban seems to cause Singaporeans to demand that it extends to EVERYONE in the country!
    D300s D200 350D | N18-200VRII N18-70 N50 TK12-24 S70-300 TR18-200

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Gunman next to me at ATM!

    Quote Originally Posted by huaiwei
    Hmm....similar to the ones in the tonnes of hk movies lah?

    Singaporeans dunt like arms lah. Then again...maybe its something more political. The arms ban seems to cause Singaporeans to demand that it extends to EVERYONE in the country!
    I think there are more robberies here than in SG that warrants these weapons to be carried. In SG, it is the police or CISCO that assists these transports I think?

    HS

  9. #49

    Default Re: Gunman next to me at ATM!

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    I think there are more robberies here than in SG that warrants these weapons to be carried. In SG, it is the police or CISCO that assists these transports I think?

    HS
    Hmm.....ok. Yeah its kinda boring here. (). Anyway its the auxiliary police forces who do the money escorts....a job currently still dominated by CISCO, but I have seen other companies slowly muscling in. Ever since CISCO was forced to change their unis, I suppose we wont have as many people thinking the police tops up their atms for them!
    D300s D200 350D | N18-200VRII N18-70 N50 TK12-24 S70-300 TR18-200

  10. #50
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Gunman next to me at ATM!

    Quote Originally Posted by huaiwei
    Hmm.....ok. Yeah its kinda boring here. (). Anyway its the auxiliary police forces who do the money escorts....a job currently still dominated by CISCO, but I have seen other companies slowly muscling in. Ever since CISCO was forced to change their unis, I suppose we wont have as many people thinking the police tops up their atms for them!
    Singapore need more professional guards like CISCO.

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Gunman next to me at ATM!

    Quote Originally Posted by reno77
    Have you seen someone removing the receipts from the bin at the ATM? I saw a guy scanning the underneath of the bin first using some handheld device before opening it and dumping the receipts into a plastic bag. Wonder what the device was..
    He is either checking for coins, or if someone spit into it.............

    I don't think terrorist would put a bomb next to an ATM...............:-), or someone at the banks is really paranoid.......

    HS
    Last edited by hongsien; 13th September 2005 at 01:28 AM.

  12. #52

    Default Re: Gunman next to me at ATM!

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone
    Singapore need more professional guards like CISCO.
    Cisco very professional meh.....
    D300s D200 350D | N18-200VRII N18-70 N50 TK12-24 S70-300 TR18-200

  13. #53
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: Gunman next to me at ATM!

    maybe what he saw was a m-16 fitted with a m203. hahas. big though... or he saw a benelli shotgun. there could a possiblity. i strongly its a shot gun....

  14. #54
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Gunman next to me at ATM!

    Quote Originally Posted by huaiwei
    Cisco very professional meh.....
    Better than those old 'uncle' retirees 'guards' mah....
    I mean, like what can the retirees do if there really is a break in or robbery?

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Gunman next to me at ATM!

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone
    Better than those old 'uncle' retirees 'guards' mah....
    I mean, like what can the retirees do if there really is a break in or robbery?
    Hmmmmmm, many guards here in HK are old men with those big guns :-)

    I am not sure if they are so slow as you think they are, he!he! There are many younger ones who still get killed too...........

  16. #56

    Default Re: Gunman next to me at ATM!

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    Hmmmmmm, many guards here in HK are old men with those big guns :-)

    I am not sure if they are so slow as you think they are, he!he! There are many younger ones who still get killed too...........
    Thats coz the young ones are always too enthu and dunno how to sense danger the way old birds do. Who says the elderly arent professionals?

    Anyway...killed? Hmm...hardly any cases of people trying to attack the money trucks and their personel, let alone killing them. Are such incidents more common in HK, as seen in the movies?
    D300s D200 350D | N18-200VRII N18-70 N50 TK12-24 S70-300 TR18-200

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    2,614

    Default Re: Gunman next to me at ATM!

    think he saw a shotgun lah.. M16 not small leh, at least in civilian world.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •