Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Casio 2900 vs Oly 2040 ... views please~

Simplicity
    Guests

Originally posted by Kevin
    Not so bad lah! I almost buy one until I found out it doesn't has optical view finder. I think there are 2 more owner in this forum. And 2 more potential one waiting to save enolugh or the price drop enough. I just remember Mpenza mentioned B4 he is going to Japan, I think he is there now.
    Hmm ... I wonder Blankies bought his liao bey~

Originally posted by Simplicity
    mpenza are u KC in HWZ ??? ... juz bought my 2900 liaoz ... still figuring out the software stuff ... can't get it at 650 - 670 as you stated ley ... anyways need to ask u does ya 2900 come wif a remote and case ??? ... coz megapixel.net states it does but I din get it~ ... another ting is does ya LCD display grainy ??? ... or is it normal for digicams ??? ... tried mine yesterday nite and was grainy like hell but why I took photos they look fine ... except for the darkness coz I din noe howta play ard wif the settings yet ... but its still grainy this morning ley ... thankz for the hap~
    2900UX doesn't come with a remote and case. You could check the box The contents are listed there.

The LCD display is grainy when the surrounding is dark because the camera "boosts" the light levels to allow you to see. On my old digicam, there is no such boosting and I can't see much at night!!!! So, this boosting is a good thing to have. Pics taken are fine as you found out. When you're outside, the LCD won't be grainy anymore because there's sufficient light.

Darkness.... under auto or aperture priority mode the longest exposure is 1/8s. You could use the night mode (and adjust the white balance to suit the surroundings) to go down to 1s. This will allow you to get brighter pics.... but you either have to be very steady or use a tripod.

btw, you may want to look at the pdf file in the CD-Rom. It is the full manual.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

just came across a page in http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Casio/

mentioning that 2900 is discontinued

Wah! KC, you are back!

Originally posted by Kevin
    Wah! KC, you are back!
    yup

hmm... if QV2900UX is discontinued, then there might be another similar model coming along.... maybe it'll be 3MP with EVF
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Simplicity
    Guests

Originally posted by mpenza

2900UX doesn't come with a remote and case. You could check the box The contents are listed there.

The LCD display is grainy when the surrounding is dark because the camera "boosts" the light levels to allow you to see. On my old digicam, there is no such boosting and I can't see much at night!!!! So, this boosting is a good thing to have. Pics taken are fine as you found out. When you're outside, the LCD won't be grainy anymore because there's sufficient light.

Darkness.... under auto or aperture priority mode the longest exposure is 1/8s. You could use the night mode (and adjust the white balance to suit the surroundings) to go down to 1s. This will allow you to get brighter pics.... but you either have to be very steady or use a tripod.

btw, you may want to look at the pdf file in the CD-Rom. It is the full manual.

Hey mpenza~ u back from the land of the rising sun liao ar ... ohh ok ... thankz for clarifying the accessories and grainy issues ... apparently it was noted in dcresource which i neber read ... but its okie since theres nuthing physically wrong wif the cam~

Currently I am juz using it wif the preset modes ... simply the chose nite scene mode ... I dun even haf the opportunity to take picz in the dae yet ar ... will tweak the settings a lil' bit once I get my work donez~

hong: Yalor its discontinued liaoz ... hope the new version dun come out too soon too cheap ... or else I lugi big time~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12