Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: Cost of developing

  1. #21
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default

    Klause, Yes.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by ziploc
    If you brought them down to Fuji e-Pics outlets like Soo Kee or Konota, you can get the prints almost as fast as film prints. The quality from these Fuji Frontier machines are great, even though more expensive. The fastest I've gotten was gave them the media in the evening before they close shop, and got back the prints around noon the next day. And yup... the prints from standard photos, even though cheap, are not as good. I would rather pay a bit more and have my pics printed properly.
    I totally agree. Trust me, it's not worth the agony of scrimping on processing cost and getting back crappy prints. If you value your images/photos, get them printed properly by a good lab. Costs more, but well worth it. And you won't be misled into thinking your camera is lousy, then waste money upgrading and upgrading and upgrading.

    Regards
    CK

  3. #23
    Mouse
    Guests

    Default

    hey guys and gals,

    Does the photo lab and the chemical used determine the quality of the negatives?? Can it be true that only with good negative as a start can there be good prints in the colour emulsion, saturation and contrast.

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UP NORTH
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Originally posted by RuthBaby
    I recomend u to burn all the pics into CD roms, rather to leave yr CF with them... not cheap wor...

    aniwae, i tried developing at standard photo... they charge mi #0.30 per 4R pic, and $3 processing fee....

    but their quality sucks....
    TRY NETS IMAGE IN IKEA BUILDING ...NOT BAD......

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by Mouse
    hey guys and gals,

    Does the photo lab and the chemical used determine the quality of the negatives?? Can it be true that only with good negative as a start can there be good prints in the colour emulsion, saturation and contrast.
    The are several factors. Of coz, if you have a bad negative to start with, no lab can do miracles. If you have a good negative, a neighbourhood lab will not bring out its best. Good labs don't overuse their chemicals, and they know how to operate the machines properly, not just put everything on auto.

    Regards
    CK

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    Originally posted by RuthBaby
    I recomend u to burn all the pics into CD roms, rather to leave yr CF with them... not cheap wor...

    aniwae, i tried developing at standard photo... they charge mi #0.30 per 4R pic, and $3 processing fee....

    but their quality sucks
    weird... I did not have to pay processing fee at Standard Photo(same $0.30 per 4R) and the quality is good....

    maybe they use the $3 to add "additional" ingredients
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    got my 2nd batch of photos from Standard Photo, Raffles Place. Quality is ok. $0.30 per 4R, no processing fee.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  8. #28

    Default

    Originally posted by mpenza
    got my 2nd batch of photos from Standard Photo, Raffles Place. Quality is ok. $0.30 per 4R, no processing fee.
    Hmm.. I'm still waiting for mine from Parkway Parade. They charge me 35 cents per pic leh... how come?

  9. #29

    Default

    Originally posted by azone


    Hmm.. I'm still waiting for mine from Parkway Parade. They charge me 35 cents per pic leh... how come?
    Can you tell me the quality when you received it?

  10. #30

    Default

    Originally posted by Keito


    Can you tell me the quality when you received it?
    No problem. Its due for collection this weekend.

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    Originally posted by azone


    Hmm.. I'm still waiting for mine from Parkway Parade. They charge me 35 cents per pic leh... how come?
    I borrowed a discount card from a colleague.
    Last edited by mpenza; 26th February 2002 at 03:11 PM.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  12. #32

    Default

    Jus got mine from Standard Photo at Junction 8. Overall quality is good, and the paper used is kodak professional (Glossy). However, I suspected they did some editing to SOME of my poorly taken pics, which turned out awful. They charged me $0.35 per pcs. Might send some pics for 8R processing ($4.80 only) to see how's the quality like.

  13. #33

    Default

    Originally posted by Catalyst
    Jus got mine from Standard Photo at Junction 8. Overall quality is good, and the paper used is kodak professional (Glossy). However, I suspected they did some editing to SOME of my poorly taken pics, which turned out awful. They charged me $0.35 per pcs. Might send some pics for 8R processing ($4.80 only) to see how's the quality like.
    is there a handling charge?

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    no handling charge for >$8 of prints.

    hmm... weird, I remembered being quoted $3.50 for 8R at Raffles Place Standard Photo.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  15. #35

    Default

    I just got my pics back from Standard Photo (Marine Parade) and the quality is good IMO. Quite satisfied with it. Will send to them to print in future.

  16. #36

    Default

    Originally posted by azone
    I just got my pics back from Standard Photo (Marine Parade) and the quality is good IMO. Quite satisfied with it. Will send to them to print in future.
    do you need to crop to 3:2 format?

  17. #37

    Default

    Originally posted by Keito


    do you need to crop to 3:2 format?
    Yes, I cropped the pics myself. Just let them know that no cropping is needed for your pics.

  18. #38

    Default

    Originally posted by azone


    Yes, I cropped the pics myself. Just let them know that no cropping is needed for your pics.
    ahhh ... sian ... then i have to use fuji epics ....

  19. #39

    Default

    Originally posted by Keito


    ahhh ... sian ... then i have to use fuji epics ....
    Huh? Why? Of course you can dun crop it and let them do the cropping for you mah.

  20. #40

    Default

    Originally posted by azone


    Huh? Why? Of course you can dun crop it and let them do the cropping for you mah.
    Dun wan, not safe hee ... i c how first ... haven't pick the photos to print too, thanks for the feedback

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •