Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Zen Vision - What is your opinion?

  1. #1

    Talking Zen Vision - What is your opinion?

    There will be promos at Creative Headquarter from 9~11 Sep. Anyone has
    tried this product and what is your opinion?
    http://creativex.creative.com/promos...atchumusic.asp
    Last edited by dRebelXT; 8th September 2005 at 10:46 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: Zen Vision - What is your opinion?

    Tried it in COMEX, the screen look really good but was too ex at $800. Now with the creative member price, then cost about $650, was thinking of getting it, but the spare batteries price is way too expensive though.
    http://creativex.creative.com/promos...5/mspecial.asp
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: Zen Vision - What is your opinion?

    As I heard from someone, SG selling $700, but US selling USD399. IMHO, how to support our local manufacturer if they priced it in our own backyard so expensive? I will feel cheated if I buy...tt's my own opinion
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Zen Vision - What is your opinion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    As I heard from someone, SG selling $700, but US selling USD399. IMHO, how to support our local manufacturer if they priced it in our own backyard so expensive? I will feel cheated if I buy...tt's my own opinion
    wah even felt more cheated if they buy at $800 den USD399... even member discount 650, also more ex than 399...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Zen Vision - What is your opinion?

    This stuff is going for $800? Almost the same price as the Epson P2000? Can't read RAWs? Only restricted to CF card transfers?

    Den I don't see half a point in getting this Zen Vision thing. Might as well get Epson P2000 right?

    Don't say I'm anti-Creative. But to price it so high and less superior than the P2000, I don't see any justification in me to spend so much for a product that's inferior to that of a similar product out there which does the job so much better.

    Lynch me if u want u patriotic who are hardcore local goods supporter, but that's what I feel.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  6. #6

    Default Re: Zen Vision - What is your opinion?

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    This stuff is going for $800? Almost the same price as the Epson P2000? Can't read RAWs? Only restricted to CF card transfers?

    Den I don't see half a point in getting this Zen Vision thing. Might as well get Epson P2000 right?

    Don't say I'm anti-Creative. But to price it so high and less superior than the P2000, I don't see any justification in me to spend so much for a product that's inferior to that of a similar product out there which does the job so much better.

    Lynch me if u want u patriotic who are hardcore local goods supporter, but that's what I feel.
    Don't worry about flames. I started this thread only to discuss product only.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Zen Vision - What is your opinion?

    One major downside of this compared to the Epson is the inability to zoom in. On the Epson, you can actually zoom in to check the sharpness of your photos. On the Creative unit, there is no such function.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Zen Vision - What is your opinion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylorize
    One major downside of this compared to the Epson is the inability to zoom in. On the Epson, you can actually zoom in to check the sharpness of your photos. On the Creative unit, there is no such function.
    I see, noted.
    Can I delete bad pictures on Epson? Is the user interface friendly?

  9. #9

    Default Re: Zen Vision - What is your opinion?

    Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT
    I see, noted.
    Can I delete bad pictures on Epson? Is the user interface friendly?
    Yes, pictures can be deleted easiy. Once you get used to the buttons, it is very easy to used.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Zen Vision - What is your opinion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylorize
    Yes, pictures can be deleted easiy. Once you get used to the buttons, it is very easy to used.
    Thank you for the info.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: Zen Vision - What is your opinion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylorize
    One major downside of this compared to the Epson is the inability to zoom in. On the Epson, you can actually zoom in to check the sharpness of your photos. On the Creative unit, there is no such function.
    Another downside is it's not really direct USB external portable harddisk, it need window media player 10 and window XP do "synch" for download to PC.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  12. #12

    Default Re: Zen Vision - What is your opinion?

    I was told it does not read RAW files, only jpeg, when i asked the staff at Creative Booth

    ESPON RAW Supports Nikon NEF, Canon EOS CRW and CR2, Epson R-D1.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Zen Vision - What is your opinion?

    Wow! I thot Zen Vision is cool, but now that I've read about Epson P-2000, no way!

    What's the street price of P-2000?

  14. #14
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Zen Vision - What is your opinion?

    Quote Originally Posted by pianodancer
    Wow! I thot Zen Vision is cool, but now that I've read about Epson P-2000, no way!

    What's the street price of P-2000?
    Was told it's selling at CP for $888.

    ../azul123

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    801

    Default Re: Zen Vision - What is your opinion?

    Didn't tired it before...but definitely will get tempted. As always, the pricing is high for new product. I remember the older/bigger Zen portable media was selling at 800-900+ when they just launched?

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: Zen Vision - What is your opinion?

    Quote Originally Posted by zcf
    Another downside is it's not really direct USB external portable harddisk, it need window media player 10 and window XP do "synch" for download to PC.
    Went to the pre-show this evening, I was wrong, it does have direct USB external portable harddisk, but not a full one, can choose 1Gb, 4gb, and max at 16gb, although I don't known how they do it. Unfortunately, confirm no zooming function.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Zen Vision - What is your opinion?

    Woah.... For that price at such serious restriction?

    Honest, gimme P-2000 anyday.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  18. #18

    Default Re: Zen Vision - What is your opinion?

    wah... thanks for the inputs... Initially I was very interested in this gadget, hmm Epson P-2000 still the best of breed.
    Canon 40D|17-55 f/2.8 IS|100 f/2.8 Macro|135 f/2L|300 f/4L IS|430ex|BG-E2

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: Zen Vision - What is your opinion?

    I too wanted to get the Vision, but now have changed my mind about it.
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •