Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: iPod nano in the house

Default Re: iPod nano in the house

Quote Originally Posted by Waffle
    hahaha, true true, Creative may have come up with their Nano Plus first, see here, but come on guys, one look and we already know whose ass got whipped. big time.

btw, the name nano was apparently coined by one of the users at iLounge.com when they had some kind of contest held way back when they heard rumours. so, all's well that ends well.

bye bye copy... er, creative.

and regarding putting on a case for the ipod nano, aiyoh, what's not to like about that when it's your precious little baby? think of it this way, let's say you got a really hot girlfriend, of course you'd love to show her off, but when she covers herself up nicely most of the time, when the time comes once in a blue moon where she gets to show off, the well-taken-care-of beauty is suddenly even more beautiful. like the unveiling of a gem. woah!
    Honestly, I think the next move of Uncle Sim would be to sue on the basis of:

- violation of software patent on menu system
    - Usage of the name 'Nano'
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Honestly, I think the next move of Uncle Sim would be to sue on the basis of:

- violation of software patent on menu system
    - Usage of the name 'Nano'
    aiyah. sue all he wants. apple probably has already made enough money to cover the "losses" with just the sales of the shuffle and the impending flood for the nano. and after that, creative still would be losing out. bah! PTUI!

Quote Originally Posted by Waffle
    er, the mini IS phased out because of the nano. there is no ipod mini in the apple website anymore.
    Yup...you are right...just saw the Steve Job video online this evening. But it will definitely cause a slow down on retailers tryign to sell off all their Ipod Minis as customers will be looking to get the Nano.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888
    Yup...you are right...just saw the Steve Job video online this evening. But it will definitely cause a slow down on retailers tryign to sell off all their Ipod Minis as customers will be looking to get the Nano.

why would anyone one to get a mini right now when the nano is a better product for the same starting out price as the mini

i donno.. solid state > HDD

hmm nano 2gb 340, 4gb 440. Is the price around the same in SG?

Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    hmm nano 2gb 340, 4gb 440. Is the price around the same in SG?
    $348 and $438 respectively. Hmmm......did they just switch the figures around? 348 to 438?

Quote Originally Posted by trlnlty
    why would anyone one to get a mini right now when the nano is a better product for the same starting out price as the mini

i donno.. solid state > HDD

Well...as a consumer..it's our advantage but if you are a shop owner and you are stocked with quite a few units left to sell...that would be abit hard to swallow.

Personally...I like my 30gig Ipod Photo with it's HDD (The capacity is just right for my needs). Solid state memory...well..was it not said that they have a limited read and write life span which is what those of use using digital camera has to contend with overtime. With a HDD...well I have used the IBM micro HDD for years.. till I sold it off..it lasted a few years without anyproblem. Anyone with more details on this.

The only thing I like about the Nano is that unlike the Mini...it is in colour and you can store pictures on it. The stopwatch things..is just a novelty along with the calendar and address stuff. I rather let my CLIE PDA do that storage thingy for me. Oh yes...I like it as it is available in black! But if the material is the same as the U2 version then I am not sure about it being black as you can mess it up very easily with your fingerprint. I almost bought the U2 version but after handling it about for a while I covered it full of fingerprint plus as you don't want to get it scratch ifyou drop it or bang it about scratching it( especially if you put it in your pocket which also contain your coins and keys.) So in the end you migth buy a silicon cover for it to protect it and if so...black does not make that much a difference.

The new neck lanyard with the built-in headset( sold separately ) looks cool though...Not sure if that could be use with my Ipod Photo though.

you should take a look at the back of all the ipods besides the shuffle then. but then fingerprints on black shows up easier than on white. regret to inform you that the black surface is the same as the U2

Saw the nano today, its like a piece of card.

Honestly, if its not for the lousy capacity, I'd have bought it.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Where you see it?? Is the price same as publish?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888
    Well...as a consumer..it's our advantage but if you are a shop owner and you are stocked with quite a few units left to sell...that would be abit hard to swallow.

Personally...I like my 30gig Ipod Photo with it's HDD (The capacity is just right for my needs). Solid state memory...well..was it not said that they have a limited read and write life span which is what those of use using digital camera has to contend with overtime. With a HDD...well I have used the IBM micro HDD for years.. till I sold it off..it lasted a few years without anyproblem. Anyone with more details on this.

The only thing I like about the Nano is that unlike the Mini...it is in colour and you can store pictures on it. The stopwatch things..is just a novelty along with the calendar and address stuff. I rather let my CLIE PDA do that storage thingy for me. Oh yes...I like it as it is available in black! But if the material is the same as the U2 version then I am not sure about it being black as you can mess it up very easily with your fingerprint. I almost bought the U2 version but after handling it about for a while I covered it full of fingerprint plus as you don't want to get it scratch ifyou drop it or bang it about scratching it( especially if you put it in your pocket which also contain your coins and keys.) So in the end you migth buy a silicon cover for it to protect it and if so...black does not make that much a difference.

The new neck lanyard with the built-in headset( sold separately ) looks cool though...Not sure if that could be use with my Ipod Photo though.

agree on the fingerprints, i've seen photos of people handling their black nano;s and the fingerprints are REALLY obvious, but the black was just toooooooo sexy for me to resist lol.

i like solid state because i do alot of cycling and will use it at the gym. that and i generally dont take care of my things well

i like the photo function but 1.5" lcd screen, dont think it wil be very useful actually

name another solid state mp3 player with 4gb

really depends on your usage and what you are looking for in an mp3 player.

i personally dont need 15k sounds on with me at one time

Darn was hoping that price would be around 200+ for the 2GB version.

Ordered a black iPod nano 4GB from Apple online store on 8 Sep and received it the following day.

The black nano is incredibly slim, small and sexy. It looks very classy and matches my B&O A8 earbuds well.

It is very light and you will forget about its existence in your pocket. The sound quality is pretty impressive for such a compact MP3 player.
    Last edited by iJeff; 11th September 2005 at 01:06 PM.

The black colour Nano looks quite chio....

I think the Ipod phone is going to face a lot more competition. Doesn't really look that outstanding.

I think it's also good for Mac users to own one because of it's cross platform file sharing capabilities.

Windows iPod can be read on Mac machines but not vice versa because the Mac iPods are formatted in HTFS.

So for people who works on a Mac machine and wants/needs to share files between Windows platform can now use their iPod to do so.

iPod n iPod Mini use HDD, so that's the only con for a Mac user when it comes to file transfer to a Windows comp. Of course, there are other alternatives like portable hdd but hey, we can sure use this feature now.

Yes, it is a bit expensive but people are willing to pay.

If not, Apple still have the Shuffle to sell to you.

BTW, iTunes 5 rock too.

what's HTFS???? Gosh, me learning new terms almost everyday from you all mac experts.

I think you meant HFS+

mmm....

if portability if impt why not get and MP3 phone???? It will be smaller than ipod nano + phone.

I bought a sharp 802sh for $450. comes with 2.2 inch QVGA CG color screen (fantastic screen), SD memory card expansion, plays MP3 (allows you to use your own headset). records VIDEO at 320 by 240, records photo at 1.3 mega pixel, and best of all, it even makes VIDEO phone calls and send sms

why buy ipod nano??

never seen the sharp 802sh u mention.

Can post some photo of it and the quality of the camera output ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast