Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This picture here is proof that camera equipment helps a lot in your pictures.

Default Re: This picture here is proof that camera equipment helps a lot in your pictures.

Here's proof that a smartphone can produce fantastic photos too, clean enough for sharing on the web.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/world-gallery/

Most of us don't print anyway.

Default Re: This picture here is proof that camera equipment helps a lot in your pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by swifty View Post

Thoongeng: pretty hard at web sizes but for fun I'll play. I'm more than prepared to get them all wrong
    2 is from a phone with something like an instagram filter.
    3 is from a large sensor camera. I'll guess FF
    1 APS-C
    4 compact
    Thanks swifty for kindly playing along!
    You're really good, Photo 3 was taken with a full frame camera
    Oops I didn't make myself that clear, the photos could be taken by any of the 4 options, in this case the others were all taken by my smartphone.
    I ran the first one through a preset in Topaz Adjust, 2nd photo through a high contrast look preset in Lightroom, 3rd one was a straight conversion from the RAW file, 4th one converted to B+W in Lightroom.
    Guess I haven't post-processed my photos enough for the saturation and contrast to make the thread-starter take notice heh

You made a very important point which I also hoped to show... at web sizes it is really hard to tell the difference. The original photo's perspective looks like it was taken with an ultra-wide angle, however with today's technology I won't be surprised it was taken with a smartphone with the panorama function, and further edited on the smartphone. At least some care was taken for the composition for this photo, unlike most of TS's posts, though there are some post-processing flaws which I don't want to talk about since it's not TS's photo anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post
    Guys 算了吧. TS is prob laughing his head off. Every now and then post a 'meh' picture and subsequently proceed to talk about how great equipment can take great pictures. Then see how everyone 自相残杀. We all have better things to do!
    Haha agree with you, we're a bunch of idiots passionate with photography that continually jumps into to give 'advice' though TS looks at the world at a different way. I remember the only comments that his equipment were 'not good enough' were because of his grainy high ISO night shots where he refuses to use a tripod. Everywhere else people only commented on composition / exposure.

I have already refrained on replying to TS's posts for a long time. Recently only found out that to 'protect' him some moderators even had to give warnings to some prolific contributors to this forum, who subsequently stopped contributing

A good photograph will have good structure, a clear message.

what is good structure? that is the composition.

For those who wondering why are we still studying photos taken during 1930's, it is because these photographers pay great attention on the composition, and the message in the photo is super clear, there is no unwanted or distracting element in it.

any photos very weak in structure (composition), without a clear message, they are just crap, same like a book or a movie without a storyline.

camera gears are just a tool, post processing is like adding the finishing touch, if a photographer have noting to begin with, there is noting going to come out, even he uses the greatest camera in the world.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Dear forummer
    I am the genuine Rexer Ong.I only have one account in flickr as Rexer Ong and subatoyo in Clubsnap.I am using Pentax k3,Sigma dp2 m and omd em10 for my work.I am neither Soulblade88 nor death_summurai.I hereby demand Soulblade88 to clarify in this forum of his identity and why using my photo without my permission .
    Apparently ,death_summurai has used my photo in his thread in Guru3g.com
    Pls remove the photo immediately or legal action will be taken for infringement of copy right.
    Last edited by subatoyo; 6th March 2015 at 11:30 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by subatoyo View Post
    Dear forummer
    I am the genuine Rexer Ong.I only have one account in flickr as Rexer Ong and subatoyo in Clubsnap.I am using Pentax k3,Sigma dp2 m and omd em10 for my work.I am neither Soulblade88 nor death_summurai.I hereby demand Soulblade88 to clarify in this forum of his identity.
    Apparently ,dead_summurail has used my photo in his thread and claimed as his,pls remove the photo immediately or a legal action will be taken for infringement of copy right.
    Thank you Rexer for coming in here to clarify everything.

TS do note that we take copyright infringement very seriously. Please remove all hotlinks to subatoyo's pictures in all forums or we will take action.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulblade88 View Post
    https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8570/...d5bbc2f3_b.jpg

You look at the photo the main subject should be the golden tooth temple but you see cars, pedestrians, cyclists all in the picture and on top of that there are trees and other buildings all vying for the person's attention. There are really so many elements in the picture frame and if this was posted in the critique section i think all of these would be mentioned. Yet all because of his camera and also because of the photo editing software used the picture does look good. The people, buildings all have a luminated like quality on them that you won't see were you to say use a cmaera phone to take and just post here without editing with software. Try using say a lower quality camera and take the same exact picture by standing at that spot and people will say it doesn't look nice but they won't comment on the camera used at all but on the skill of the picture taker.
    I would say this is a nice pic. But not a WOW pic. Even if I use a HP to take such a scene, in this lighting, it will turn up as good. U might think, am I serious!? Try it. Take any scene you one on a bright sunny day with your HP. So, it's not actually about the equipment.

Look at the 'World Gallery' in Apple's website. Look at their pics. I will love their pics more than this. Why? Because, their pics are WOW! Their pics are "speaking"! It has a theme and it arouses feelings. Most of all, the photographer knows how to capture the lighting which suits that particular scene. And it makes the pic "talk".
    Last edited by daredevil123; 6th March 2015 at 09:46 AM.

To all forummers who have discussed on this photo,for yr interest,this is taken with olympus em10 with 9mm fisheye body cap lens which I am still experimenting.Shot raw ,adjusted with lightroom and defish in lightroom.This is a rejected produce which I keep in my flickr for future reference.
    Last edited by subatoyo; 6th March 2015 at 12:34 PM.

Members please take note,

the photo TS (Soulblade88) take reference from is shot by Rexer Ong aka subatoyo,
    as a forum courtesy, we should not give any critic and comment on Rexer Ong aka subatoyo's photo here, as Rexer Ong aka subatoyo did not post his photo here to seek for any critic and comment.

and we always remind members to post original URL/source when taking other photographers' work for referencing.

Please respect the original creator.

Actually if u all read his initial post, he never mention this pic belong to him. He stated "his" picture n camera

And from my understanding, he never mention good camera or Len will take beautiful good pics, more like detailed clear picture.

Don't know y, members here r so agitated n defensive. Like that u only scare away new members , n make them wonder y u wana upgrade ur camera body, discuss abt new lens n body while the other hand claiming all these doesn't matter??
    D800E / Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 / 150-600 Tamron

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Tan View Post
    Actually if u all read his initial post, he never mention this pic belong to him. He stated "his" picture n camera

And from my understanding, he never mention good camera or Len will take beautiful good pics, more like detailed clear picture.

Don't know y, members here r so agitated n defensive. Like that u only scare away new members , n make them wonder y u wana upgrade ur camera body, discuss abt new lens n body while the other hand claiming all these doesn't matter??
    do check out TS's past postings you will understand why this thread will get such attention.

agree with you. very easy to troll in this forum:

step 1: post new thread in newbie corner, pretend to be newbie, ask or write some controversial/annoying stuffs
    step 2: go cook maggie mee and brew hot tea
    step 3: old birds and senior members will come one by one and sometimes argue with themselves
    step 4: look at monitor and laugh

repeat this 4 steps, and that what soulblade88 did

thanks to him, old members become agitated. atmosphere become less and less convenient.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1468342

I propose this thread to be closed and soulblade88 to be deregistered

btw, this is an outcome of the recent Saga created by TS.

Quote Originally Posted by thoongeng View Post

I have already refrained on replying to TS's posts for a long time. Recently only found out that to 'protect' him some moderators even had to give warnings to some prolific contributors to this forum, who subsequently stopped contributing
    Last edited by catchlights; 6th March 2015 at 11:22 AM.

Then this guy do add some spice to this forum.
    D800E / Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 / 150-600 Tamron

Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    Also, one tip for Rexer here, who seems to have multiple accounts posting his works in different parts of the forum. Even though you make your photos private, they still can be traced. The photo ID gives it away.

You have two accounts - one to post your 'usual stuff' under Rexer Ong, the other to post shots from your Sony QX100. Here's a tip in case you would want to troll again in future - use different Flickr accounts. They can be traced easily.

All these done by simple Googling. Reported.

Edit: Sorry, I mixed up subatoyo and Soulblade88. I was Googling Soulblade88's photos and found that he claimed subatoyo's work under his name in another forum, so I mistook both of them to be the same person.
    Just want to clarify to subatoyo again, got mixed up with Soulblade88 and subatoyo because I found Soulblade88 using subatoyo's works in another forum. Sorry about the mix-up. Have reported to the mod and they will be taking action.

Ah Oh Spaghettio! Look it is a Decepticon!
    Expand your mind or get left behind

Copyright infringement is the use of works protected by copyright law without permission, infringing certain exclusive rights granted to the copyright holder, such as the right to reproduce, distribute, display or perform the protected work, or to make derivative works. The copyright holder is typically the work's creator, or a publisher or other business to whom copyright has been assigned. Copyright holders routinely invoke legal and technological measures to prevent and penalize copyright infringement.
    In this case,ts did not seek my permission to display my photo on the first page of this thread.
    Last edited by subatoyo; 6th March 2015 at 04:14 PM.

Blog Entries

TS used subatoyo's pics in another forum besides this. In a thread titled : "sharing my photos i am proud of.".

And also, by ClubSNAP regulations you can share a link to a photo that does not belong to you. But you cannot direct post a picture (hotlink) a picture if you did not first gain permission from the copyright owner.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 6th March 2015 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulblade88 View Post
    https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8570/...d5bbc2f3_b.jpg

You look at the photo the main subject should be the golden tooth temple but you see cars, pedestrians, cyclists all in the picture and on top of that there are trees and other buildings all vying for the person's attention. There are really so many elements in the picture frame and if this was posted in the critique section i think all of these would be mentioned. Yet all because of his camera and also because of the photo editing software used the picture does look good. The people, buildings all have a luminated like quality on them that you won't see were you to say use a cmaera phone to take and just post here without editing with software. Try using say a lower quality camera and take the same exact picture by standing at that spot and people will say it doesn't look nice but they won't comment on the camera used at all but on the skill of the picture taker.
    FYI, from your last ridiculous thread I learnt that font size in Clubsnap is only to be used for I don't know.. Event titles? But it's perfectly alright to emphasize your points in CAPS.

And a camera phone CAN DO ALL THAT YOU MENTION (please note that no font size changes are made here), with the correct know-how, at the size you posted. The only thing it can't do is achieve that kind of field-of-view.

I don't even understand your logic here. You say that the critique corner would give its criticism of the composition, then you say that it looks good, and then you attribute that to the luminous quality of the photograph and say that people will give him a pass on his equipment and will say that the skill isn't quite up to par. So do you think the photograph is good? Or do you not?

If you are trying to say that the IQ is good, great. Frankly in such lighting conditions and once again, at the size you post, you won't see a great difference. Larger sensors and faster lenses count in low light conditions. In good light, anything goes, frankly.

Does anyone else even realize that this is just some random rambling that doesn't go anywhere? You've all been trolled guys. Anyways, back to dormancy and posting on B&S. Cheers.
    Last edited by edutilos-; 6th March 2015 at 04:23 PM.

Crap...I just reread that thread in Newbies. Maybe time for me to go dormant too. This website is to valuable to me to lose.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    Crap...I just reread that thread in Newbies. Maybe time for me to go dormant too. This website is to valuable to me to lose.
    You are doing fine Jeff. keep on.posting and reading.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast